Why Fusion WILL Flop. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2005, 09:36   #1 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

mad Why Fusion WILL Flop.

It's ugly!!! I should not have to go into detail on this matter. The Mercury Milan and the Lincoln Zephyr are far better looking than the Fusion.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2005, 20:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: Why Fusion WILL Flop.

I take it you don't like the grille on the Fusion since it is the only different piece on the exterior vs. the Milan and Zephyr (excluding the wheels)? Or is it the interior differences?
Toaderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 15:21   #3 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: Why Fusion WILL Flop.

Okay!!! The grille is only one of the things I hate about the Fusion. Here are the rest.
1. Besides the grille, the shape of the headlights make the Fusion look like a Cadillac.
2. The clear tuner type taillights do not belong on this stock vehicle. I just saw the Milan's tailights and they are the same. The Zephyr's tailights are the only normal taillights of the bunch.
3. On all three models I find the divided rear windows to be unnecessary.
4. The interior door handle seem too small on the Fusion. I saw a Zephyr in person and the handles looked bigger.
5. The headlight switch seems to be place low on the I/P.
There's more but I'm getting board now...
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 23:34   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

actually i find the car interesting.

The tuner aspect attracts that crowd...or should I say people that are interested in that. Younger crowd is what they are going for and I think they hit it pretty well.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 21:25   #5 (permalink)

I'm 15 and if they were aiming at the youth they hit a home run!!! The only sedan I would ride in,unless I was dead, would be a fusion(I'm a truck man). My dad is probably going to get a zephyr but were waiting until the 3.5L comes out! P.S. cars are for young people; buses are for the old!

Ronald Reagan "War has never started because the United States was too strong!" God bless our missiles, and may they forever hit their targets with precision!
E.I.B. Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:07   #6 (permalink)

Ford did an experiement in California with the Fusion since California has a predominently foreign maker vehicle preference. They put the car on the street and covered the Ford logos. They had people check it out and the majority of them overwhelmingly liked the vehicle. They thought due to the interior styling as well that the car would be in the $30,000 and up price range. People were amazed to find out it was a Ford and started at about $17,750.

In another test they put the Fusion with 4 or 5 other foreign manufacturer cars and had people sit in them and look them over. Again the Ford logos were covered. Again an overwhelming majority of the people involved chose the Fusion as the "best built/nicest car" based on just looking at them and sitting in them and touching everything. After the people that perferred the Fusion over all the others were told that the car they liked best was a Ford 60% of them changed their responses to the Toyota Camry. That tells you there is a problem with Ford's reputation whether real or perceived.

At the moment Ford sells the Fusions the moment they hit the lot. The car has got more accolades from auto review articles than any other current Ford except for the Mustang. To date it is a big hit but the next 9 months will prove out for sure if it is or not.

Personally, I am waiting to see what service bulletins and recalls come out for it. That will be my measure of how good a car it is. Also I am waiting 9 months to see what sales are like. Ford has introduced this car correctly. They made it available to the aftermarket before it was released so that there could be customized versions of it at the SEMA show this year as well as products already available for it.

I am very optimistic about the car. It is not one of my favorite looking cars but if it sells very well then I am all for it.
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:44   #7 (permalink)

I am a salesman at a Ford dealershhip in Cincinnati, OH. So I get a chance to hear what some of the customers say about the Fusion compared to a Accord or Camry. And yes there ar few that fall in love with the car but they pick the Accord because of track record. But a lot or should I say most are buying the Fusion. Just about all say that the Fusion drives and handles better and a good amount of options for far less money. I think most of our sales right now on the Fusion are to people 30+ in age. Think about it a fully loaded car, true there is no navigation, for only $26,445. And that the most anyone will ever pay. I find myself just sitting in the car just to imagine owning one.

I think Ford should get more aggressive with advertising because this one is BIG!

CincyFordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 16:18   #8 (permalink)

Ford is going to get aggresive with advertising. In a company video this week to the employees Mark Fields made that exact statement. There are huge plans for the Fusion.

Thanks for chiming in as you work for a dealer. Nice to get news from the frontline.
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:33   #9 (permalink)
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Why Fusion WILL Flop.

To each his own...

Most people love the new look, but glad you do not. Buy a Camry with a v-6 and an automatic (yawn)...

As for me, I was thrilled that Ford chose to put forth a car with a new look, fresh styling, and options that no other car manufacturer offered. I could actually get a stick shift, four cylinder, with 17 inch wheels, leather, heated seats,etc....luxury and economy. And since Ford was smart enough to make the sunroof an option, I can actually fit in the car. Everyone else "packages" the sunroof with the leather seats and makes the car unsuitable for taller drivers. Thank you Ford.

The only thing Ford screwed up on was not offering the V-6 with the stick shift. It's in the Mazda6, so why not the Fusion?

Everyone can nit pick a car, so have your fun, but for th emajority of people, this will be a home run.
Old 01-09-2006, 17:36   #10 (permalink)

I've been by my Ford dealer a couple of times in the last few months and they say they can't keep their Fusions on the lot for more than two weeks. Yet, I haven't seen one on the road around town. I did spot a Zephyr the other night. It looks much larger than the Fusion I test drove this past Fall, even though their basically the same car. Maybe it was just the poor street lighting. Put a 3.5L in the thing (2008?) and this thing will really scream off the lot.
Toaderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ