2000 XC70 cargo net question... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2005, 11:02   #1 (permalink)
K Bourke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
2000 XC70 cargo net question...

Am closing in on the purchase of a 2000 V70 XC, and have had the Dealer go
over it to identify the larger issues.....

I noticed that the retractable cargo net / tonneau cover is in two pieces,
predicated by the 60:40 split rear seats. I see the outboard mounts where
these attach both vertically and near the liftgate, but cannot figure out
how they are held/supported where the two met...

Is there some form of clip/gadget that connects the two when "deployed?

Confused in Halifax (NS),

Kevin

--
"...success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set
yourself on fire."


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-17-2005, 07:01   #2 (permalink)
RiverLink
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2000 XC70 cargo net question...

You first pull up the longer right side, hook it in the right site bracket.
There's a rod inside the right net, that is pulled out, then attached to the
left side bracket. You can then pull up the shorter left side and clip it
over the extended part of the rod.

Hope this solves the problem.... Cam

--
Cameron Price Newington, Ontario, Canada

http://cvolvo.com Cam@cvolvo.com

1953 PV444 "E" #54940 10,840 km
PV-klubben member #13355, VCOA #14339
1953 PV444 "E" #61576
1960 P 120 Amazon #046279 3,270 miles
1980 262C #6618 244,845 km
2004 XC70 AWD 30,511 km

F2000SL 4,346.0 km Cannondale Volvo Team Replica
R600 2,957.2 km Cannondale road bike
Jekyll 3000 4,767.2 km Cannondale Volvo Team Replica

TACX i-Magic Indoor Virtual Trainer 965.73 km

"K Bourke" <Kbourke@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
news:Tjv4f.14576$y_1.103@edtnps89...
> Am closing in on the purchase of a 2000 V70 XC, and have had the Dealer go
> over it to identify the larger issues.....
>
> I noticed that the retractable cargo net / tonneau cover is in two pieces,
> predicated by the 60:40 split rear seats. I see the outboard mounts where
> these attach both vertically and near the liftgate, but cannot figure out
> how they are held/supported where the two met...
>
> Is there some form of clip/gadget that connects the two when "deployed?
>
> Confused in Halifax (NS),
>
> Kevin
>
> --
> "...success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set
> yourself on fire."
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 19:01   #3 (permalink)
K Bourke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2000 XC70 cargo net question...

Thanks for the solution, eh?

Knew I was missing some engineering feat...

K.

"RiverLink" <Cam@cvolvo.com> wrote in message
news:zoN4f.6715$5I2.24395@newscontent-01.sprint.ca...
> You first pull up the longer right side, hook it in the right site
> bracket. There's a rod inside the right net, that is pulled out, then
> attached to the left side bracket. You can then pull up the shorter left
> side and clip it over the extended part of the rod.
>
> Hope this solves the problem.... Cam
>
> --
> Cameron Price Newington, Ontario, Canada
>
> http://cvolvo.com Cam@cvolvo.com
>
> 1953 PV444 "E" #54940 10,840 km
> PV-klubben member #13355, VCOA #14339
> 1953 PV444 "E" #61576
> 1960 P 120 Amazon #046279 3,270 miles
> 1980 262C #6618 244,845 km
> 2004 XC70 AWD 30,511 km
>
> F2000SL 4,346.0 km Cannondale Volvo Team Replica
> R600 2,957.2 km Cannondale road bike
> Jekyll 3000 4,767.2 km Cannondale Volvo Team Replica
>
> TACX i-Magic Indoor Virtual Trainer 965.73 km
>
> "K Bourke" <Kbourke@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
> news:Tjv4f.14576$y_1.103@edtnps89...
>> Am closing in on the purchase of a 2000 V70 XC, and have had the Dealer
>> go over it to identify the larger issues.....
>>
>> I noticed that the retractable cargo net / tonneau cover is in two
>> pieces, predicated by the 60:40 split rear seats. I see the outboard
>> mounts where these attach both vertically and near the liftgate, but
>> cannot figure out how they are held/supported where the two met...
>>
>> Is there some form of clip/gadget that connects the two when "deployed?
>>
>> Confused in Halifax (NS),
>>
>> Kevin
>>
>> --
>> "...success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set
>> yourself on fire."
>>
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:01   #4 (permalink)
TRONDATA
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2000 XC70 cargo net question...

Yup, them Swedes are a crafty lot! Sometimes the simplicity and
practicality of their design is not fully understood by others. I guess 35+
years of exposure helps in my instance.

Hope you thoroughly enjoy your XC - I've owned 3 so far. Seriously inspect
the AWD transfer coupling and make sure there's no free play in the
driveshaft - these are expensive to replace. I normally recommend buying
the extended warranty, especially on any pre-Haldex AWD cars.

Best of luck... Cam

"K Bourke" <Kbourke@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
news:MkX4f.40646$ir4.35189@edtnps90...
> Thanks for the solution, eh?
>
> Knew I was missing some engineering feat...
>
> K.
>
> "RiverLink" <Cam@cvolvo.com> wrote in message
> news:zoN4f.6715$5I2.24395@newscontent-01.sprint.ca...
>> You first pull up the longer right side, hook it in the right site
>> bracket. There's a rod inside the right net, that is pulled out, then
>> attached to the left side bracket. You can then pull up the shorter left
>> side and clip it over the extended part of the rod.
>>
>> Hope this solves the problem.... Cam
>>
>> --
>> Cameron Price Newington, Ontario, Canada
>>
>> http://cvolvo.com Cam@cvolvo.com
>>
>> 1953 PV444 "E" #54940 10,840 km
>> PV-klubben member #13355, VCOA #14339
>> 1953 PV444 "E" #61576
>> 1960 P 120 Amazon #046279 3,270 miles
>> 1980 262C #6618 244,845 km
>> 2004 XC70 AWD 30,511 km
>>
>> F2000SL 4,346.0 km Cannondale Volvo Team Replica
>> R600 2,957.2 km Cannondale road bike
>> Jekyll 3000 4,767.2 km Cannondale Volvo Team Replica
>>
>> TACX i-Magic Indoor Virtual Trainer 965.73 km
>>
>> "K Bourke" <Kbourke@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
>> news:Tjv4f.14576$y_1.103@edtnps89...
>>> Am closing in on the purchase of a 2000 V70 XC, and have had the Dealer
>>> go over it to identify the larger issues.....
>>>
>>> I noticed that the retractable cargo net / tonneau cover is in two
>>> pieces, predicated by the 60:40 split rear seats. I see the outboard
>>> mounts where these attach both vertically and near the liftgate, but
>>> cannot figure out how they are held/supported where the two met...
>>>
>>> Is there some form of clip/gadget that connects the two when "deployed?
>>>
>>> Confused in Halifax (NS),
>>>
>>> Kevin
>>>
>>> --
>>> "...success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set
>>> yourself on fire."
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.