I wanted to buy OBD2 kit for my 11/1996 850tdi imported second hand from
Germany, to be able to read error codes, reset them etc...
I was very happy to see 16-pin connector under the OBD2 marked coin
holder in front of the gear stick. Looked a little on the web, and
everything seemed clear.
BUT, while browsing and deciding which tool I will buy - things got more
and more confusing. So, now it seems that my car is not OBD2-ISO
compliant and things are not that easy.
I remember that somebody here has experience with 850tdi model. Please,
help me with the following stuff...
1) is my 11/1996 850tdi OBD2 compliant?
2) which cable & interface & software combo can I use for sure?
- ElmScan ISO 9141/14230 ( http://www.scantool.net
- Vol-FCR ( http://www.onboarddiagnostics.co.uk/volfcr/index.html
- Volvo VADIS
3) what cables & hardware do I need to use Volvo VADIS?
4) which pins on my car's OBD2 connector should be wired?
5) is it possible to read & clear EGR, Air Mass Sensor errors?
6) any other hints on 850tdi - OBD2 stuff greatly appreciated...
Thnx a lot.