Any recomendations for aftermarket Keyless entry kit? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2005, 15:02   #1 (permalink)
Don B.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Any recomendations for aftermarket Keyless entry kit?

It seems volvo has no viable "kit" for keyless entry on my 1995 940 (4 door,
nonturbo).

So, I'm looking for recommendations and/or experiences with after-market
kits. I've found them on the web for around $50-60 US.
I've never installed one but, I'm not too daunted by that. I installed
a stereo system that was HUGE! And, it turned out great.

TIA
Don

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-14-2005, 10:01   #2 (permalink)
Rusty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Any recomendations for aftermarket Keyless entry kit?

IPDUSA.com has a kit for Volvo's. The cheapo ebay ones don't come with the
extra door actuator that you need.

RS


"Don B." <Don_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
news:d340pn01o79@drn.newsguy.com...
> It seems volvo has no viable "kit" for keyless entry on my 1995 940 (4
> door,
> nonturbo).
>
> So, I'm looking for recommendations and/or experiences with after-market
> kits. I've found them on the web for around $50-60 US.
> I've never installed one but, I'm not too daunted by that. I installed
> a stereo system that was HUGE! And, it turned out great.
>
> TIA
> Don
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 16:01   #3 (permalink)
VRparts
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Any recomendations for aftermarket Keyless entry kit?

The 94 940 is prewired for keyless entry. There are two connectors under the
dash above the break pedal taped up with masking tape and one in the door
for the lock motor.
All you need is the remote controler and a lockmotor and linkage from an
older 740 drivers side rear door (see your local "U Pic" junk yard). I
bought a "Generic" remote on eBay for less than $50. I found some pins from
Radio shack that fit the plugs.



"Don B." <Don_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
news:d340pn01o79@drn.newsguy.com...
> It seems volvo has no viable "kit" for keyless entry on my 1995 940 (4

door,
> nonturbo).
>
> So, I'm looking for recommendations and/or experiences with after-market
> kits. I've found them on the web for around $50-60 US.
> I've never installed one but, I'm not too daunted by that. I installed
> a stereo system that was HUGE! And, it turned out great.
>
> TIA
> Don
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:02   #4 (permalink)
Don
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Any recomendations for aftermarket Keyless entry kit?

In article <lu0te.35159$zm.26831@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, VRparts says...
>
>The 94 940 is prewired for keyless entry. There are two connectors under the
>dash above the break pedal taped up with masking tape and one in the door
>for the lock motor.
>All you need is the remote controler and a lockmotor and linkage from an
>older 740 drivers side rear door (see your local "U Pic" junk yard). I
>bought a "Generic" remote on eBay for less than $50. I found some pins from
>Radio shack that fit the plugs.
>
>
>
>"Don B." <Don_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
>news:d340pn01o79@drn.newsguy.com...
>> It seems volvo has no viable "kit" for keyless entry on my 1995 940 (4

>door,
>> nonturbo).
>>
>> So, I'm looking for recommendations and/or experiences with after-market
>> kits. I've found them on the web for around $50-60 US.
>> I've never installed one but, I'm not too daunted by that. I installed
>> a stereo system that was HUGE! And, it turned out great.
>>
>> TIA
>> Don
>>


Thanks for the info!
Sounds like a snap.

Is there a way that I can tell which side of the car the lockmotor comes from
if it is already pulled when I get to the salvage yard?

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:01   #5 (permalink)
Apple Computer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Any recomendations for aftermarket Keyless entry kit?

On 2005-06-23 09:17:58 -0700, Don <Don_member@newsguy.com> said:

> In article <lu0te.35159$zm.26831@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, VRparts says...
>>
>> The 94 940 is prewired for keyless entry. There are two connectors under the
>> dash above the break pedal taped up with masking tape and one in the door
>> for the lock motor.
>> All you need is the remote controler and a lockmotor and linkage from an
>> older 740 drivers side rear door (see your local "U Pic" junk yard). I
>> bought a "Generic" remote on eBay for less than $50. I found some pins from
>> Radio shack that fit the plugs.
>>
>>
>>
>> "Don B." <Don_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
>> news:d340pn01o79@drn.newsguy.com...
>>> It seems volvo has no viable "kit" for keyless entry on my 1995 940 (4

>> door,
>>> nonturbo).
>>>
>>> So, I'm looking for recommendations and/or experiences with after-market
>>> kits. I've found them on the web for around $50-60 US.
>>> I've never installed one but, I'm not too daunted by that. I installed
>>> a stereo system that was HUGE! And, it turned out great.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Don
>>>

>
> Thanks for the info!
> Sounds like a snap.
>
> Is there a way that I can tell which side of the car the lockmotor comes from
> if it is already pulled when I get to the salvage yard?


IPD has a Remote Keyless Entry for 200s, 700s and 940s with central
locking. The remote works for two cars. 200 models - $94.40 #CZE8452.
For the 700/940 models - $148.00 #CZE8470. http://www.ipdusa.com 1800
444 6473

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:01   #6 (permalink)
Don
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Any recomendations for aftermarket Keyless entry kit?

In article <2005062403253443658%smulder@anonymousto>, Apple Computer says...
>
>On 2005-06-23 09:17:58 -0700, Don <Don_member@newsguy.com> said:
>
>> In article <lu0te.35159$zm.26831@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, VRparts says...
>>>
>>> The 94 940 is prewired for keyless entry. There are two connectors under the
>>> dash above the break pedal taped up with masking tape and one in the door
>>> for the lock motor.
>>> All you need is the remote controler and a lockmotor and linkage from an
>>> older 740 drivers side rear door (see your local "U Pic" junk yard). I
>>> bought a "Generic" remote on eBay for less than $50. I found some pins from
>>> Radio shack that fit the plugs.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Don B." <Don_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
>>> news:d340pn01o79@drn.newsguy.com...
>>>> It seems volvo has no viable "kit" for keyless entry on my 1995 940 (4
>>> door,
>>>> nonturbo).
>>>>
>>>> So, I'm looking for recommendations and/or experiences with after-market
>>>> kits. I've found them on the web for around $50-60 US.
>>>> I've never installed one but, I'm not too daunted by that. I installed
>>>> a stereo system that was HUGE! And, it turned out great.
>>>>
>>>> TIA
>>>> Don
>>>>

>>
>> Thanks for the info!
>> Sounds like a snap.
>>
>> Is there a way that I can tell which side of the car the lockmotor comes from
>> if it is already pulled when I get to the salvage yard?

>
>IPD has a Remote Keyless Entry for 200s, 700s and 940s with central
>locking. The remote works for two cars. 200 models - $94.40 #CZE8452.
> For the 700/940 models - $148.00 #CZE8470. http://www.ipdusa.com 1800
>444 6473
>

I called about this kit. I was told it doesn't work for the 1995 940.
So I was back to square one.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.