Broken Glove Compartment Lock 850 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-05, 01:01 AM
Mystical
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Broken Glove Compartment Lock 850

I have the problem, which is so common, namely the GC door lock broke. I
have gotten the GC door open. To repair it, I need a small pot metal part,
because the tit on my part has broken off. So far, I have only found the
WHOLE lock available from the dealer for about $60. Does anyone know of any
other options?
Thanks, Brad 650 557-1111


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-05, 01:01 AM
Stephen Henning
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Broken Glove Compartment Lock 850

"Mystical" <Mystical@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I have the problem, which is so common, namely the GC door lock broke. I
> have gotten the GC door open. To repair it, I need a small pot metal part,
> because the tit on my part has broken off. So far, I have only found the
> WHOLE lock available from the dealer for about $60. Does anyone know of any
> other options?


Automobile recyling centers [junk yards].

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to rhodyman@earthlink.net
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
 
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-05, 01:01 AM
Mystical
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Broken Glove Compartment Lock 850

Hi, I wish I could find one somewhere in the San Francisco Bay area. The
closes I have found so far it east of Sacramento, over 100 miles away.
Anyone know of something closer to SF? Thanks Brad


"Stephen Henning" <pighash@aol.com> wrote in message
news:pighash-C7B4D1.23074509072005@news.isp.giganews.com...
> "Mystical" <Mystical@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> I have the problem, which is so common, namely the GC door lock
>> broke. I
>> have gotten the GC door open. To repair it, I need a small pot metal
>> part,
>> because the tit on my part has broken off. So far, I have only found the
>> WHOLE lock available from the dealer for about $60. Does anyone know of
>> any
>> other options?

>
> Automobile recyling centers [junk yards].
>
> --
> Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to rhodyman@earthlink.net
> Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA
> http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman



 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-05, 01:02 PM
Stephen Henning
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Broken Glove Compartment Lock 850

"Mystical" <Mystical@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Hi, I wish I could find one somewhere in the San Francisco Bay area. The
> closes I have found so far it east of Sacramento, over 100 miles away.
> Anyone know of something closer to SF? Thanks Brad


They are small and can be mailed.
--
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA, USA
Owned '67,'68,'71,'74,'79,'81,'87,'93,'95 & '01 Volvos.
The '67,'74,'79,'87,'95 and '01 through European Delivery.
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman/volvo.html
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome