Does the 850 saloon have folding seats? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-05, 07:01 PM
George
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?

Does the 850 saloon have folding rear seats? Would I be able to fit a
mountain bike in the boot of saloon, maybe with the seats down it
would be ok?


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-05, 07:01 PM
Bev A. Kupf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 02:06:44 +0100,
George (George@spam.trap) wrote:
> Does the 850 saloon have folding rear seats?


No.

> Would I be able to fit a
> mountain bike in the boot of saloon, maybe with the seats down it
> would be ok?


A bike-rack attaches nicely to the boot. Also, I have managed to
fit a bike inside the 850 (after taking the front wheel off).

Beverly
--
Many a smale maketh a grate -- Geoffrey Chaucer
 
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-05-05, 06:01 AM
Mike F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?

"Bev A. Kupf" wrote:
>
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 02:06:44 +0100,
> George (George@spam.trap) wrote:
> > Does the 850 saloon have folding rear seats?

>
> No.
>
> > Would I be able to fit a
> > mountain bike in the boot of saloon, maybe with the seats down it
> > would be ok?

>
> A bike-rack attaches nicely to the boot. Also, I have managed to
> fit a bike inside the 850 (after taking the front wheel off).
>
> Beverly
> --
> Many a smale maketh a grate -- Geoffrey Chaucer


Every 850 sedan (saloon) I've ever seen has folding rear seats - and
I've put a bike in my more or less identical S70 with the rear seats
folded.

--
Mike F.
Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.

Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly.
(But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-05-05, 06:01 AM
Bev A. Kupf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 08:10:49 -0400,
Mike F ("mikef2316()"@allsttream.nett) wrote:
> Every 850 sedan (saloon) I've ever seen has folding rear seats - and
> I've put a bike in my more or less identical S70 with the rear seats
>


Interesting. I know the rear seats in our S70 do fold down, and was
pretty sure that they don't fold down in our 850, but truth be told,
I haven't actually looked -- I've just sort of assumed that they don't.

I may very well be mistaken, and will post the outcome here in a
couple hours.

Beverly
--
Many a smale maketh a grate -- Geoffrey Chaucer
 
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-05-05, 07:01 AM
K Bourke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?

Heck, I've transported a single bed mattress in my 850 "boot" (read:trunk),
with the lid closed and seats folded....to the amazement of the guys on the
loading dock...LOL
K

1993 850 GLT in 601 RED @ 280,000km (OK, so there's no A/C anymore...)


"Bev A. Kupf" <bevakupf@myhome.net> wrote in message
news:slrnd551b0.25m.bevakupf@myhome.net...
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 08:10:49 -0400,
> Mike F ("mikef2316()"@allsttream.nett) wrote:
>> Every 850 sedan (saloon) I've ever seen has folding rear seats - and
>> I've put a bike in my more or less identical S70 with the rear seats
>>

>
> Interesting. I know the rear seats in our S70 do fold down, and was
> pretty sure that they don't fold down in our 850, but truth be told,
> I haven't actually looked -- I've just sort of assumed that they don't.
>
> I may very well be mistaken, and will post the outcome here in a
> couple hours.
>
> Beverly
> --
> Many a smale maketh a grate -- Geoffrey Chaucer



 
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-05-05, 09:01 AM
Stephen Henning
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?

George <George@spam.trap> wrote:

> Would I be able to fit a mountain bike in the boot of saloon


An unrelated question:

In the USA they say race cars are running nose-to-tail or in traffic
they are running bumper-to-bumper.

In the UK do they say race cars are running boot-to-bonnet?
--
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA, USA
Owned '67,'68,'71,'74,'79,'81,'87,'93,'95 & '01 Volvos.
The '67,'74,'79,'87,'95 and '01 through European Delivery.
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman/volvo.html
 
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-05, 02:01 AM
George
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:48:35 -0400, Stephen Henning <pighash@aol.com>
wrote:

> George <George@spam.trap> wrote:
>
>> Would I be able to fit a mountain bike in the boot of saloon

>
>An unrelated question:
>
>In the USA they say race cars are running nose-to-tail or in traffic
>they are running bumper-to-bumper.
>
>In the UK do they say race cars are running boot-to-bonnet?


No we usually say bumper to bumper. Never heard anybody say
boot-to-bonnet.

So what is the answer to my question, do the rear seats fold on a
vovlo 850. Conflicting replies here. I cant imagine them not being
folding on some models and folding on others.

 
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-05, 02:01 AM
Tim..
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?


"George" <George@spam.trap> wrote in message
news:0tm351lq84jouvogs3g3afduv6gk6jb9u4@4ax.com...
> Does the 850 saloon have folding rear seats? Would I be able to fit a
> mountain bike in the boot of saloon, maybe with the seats down it
> would be ok?


Yes- roughly 60:40.

Tim..


 
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-05, 09:01 AM
Stephen Henning
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?

George <George@spam.trap> wrote:

> So what is the answer to my question, do the rear seats fold on a
> vovlo 850. Conflicting replies here. I cant imagine them not being
> folding on some models and folding on others.


"My '93 850 sedan/saloon had a rear seat that had a center section that
folded down exposing port through which you could put skis or a movie
screen through. There was no way you could put a bicycle in the trunk
and the back seat. There was bicycle rack that fit in the trailer hitch.

On 850 estates/station wagons, there are 60/40 rear seats that fold down
flat. You can easily carry a bicycle in it. The other day I carried a
10' pipe inside my 850 wagon.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to rhodyman@earthlink.net
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
 
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-05, 05:01 PM
Peter K L Milnes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Does the 850 saloon have folding seats?


"Tim.." <the.farm.hates.spam@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:d306od$1lo$1@titan.btinternet.com...
>
> "George" <George@spam.trap> wrote in message
> news:0tm351lq84jouvogs3g3afduv6gk6jb9u4@4ax.com...
>> Does the 850 saloon have folding rear seats? Would I be able to fit a
>> mountain bike in the boot of saloon, maybe with the seats down it
>> would be ok?

>
> Yes- roughly 60:40.
>
> Tim..


Wrong - only estates (wagons) have folding seats. Saloons (sedans) have
fixed rear seating except for the "cubby-hole" as mentioned by Stephen.

Cheers, Peter.



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome