Draining Torque Converter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 09:01   #1 (permalink)
Spooky Mulder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Draining Torque Converter

I am planning on a transmission service on my 81 245 (K-Jet, Auto
Trans). Is there a drain plug in the torque converter or some other
fairly straightforward way to get the old fluid out? I have a hose to
'flush' the system but I need to remove the pan anyway because of a
leak so I am wondering how I can do a complete job. Oh, it has
153,000 miles on it (yes, that's all).
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2005, 06:02   #2 (permalink)
Mike F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Draining Torque Converter

Spooky Mulder wrote:
>
> I am planning on a transmission service on my 81 245 (K-Jet, Auto
> Trans). Is there a drain plug in the torque converter or some other
> fairly straightforward way to get the old fluid out? I have a hose to
> 'flush' the system but I need to remove the pan anyway because of a
> leak so I am wondering how I can do a complete job. Oh, it has
> 153,000 miles on it (yes, that's all).


No drain on the torque convertor. The only way to do a full flush is by
disconnecting one cooling line going to the rad, and letting the
transmission pump it out, refill, ...

--
Mike F.
Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.

Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly.
(But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:01   #3 (permalink)
James Sweet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Draining Torque Converter


"Mike F" <"mikef2316()"@allsttream.nett> wrote in message
news:42B804A8.1A76992F@allsttream.nett...
> Spooky Mulder wrote:
> >
> > I am planning on a transmission service on my 81 245 (K-Jet, Auto
> > Trans). Is there a drain plug in the torque converter or some other
> > fairly straightforward way to get the old fluid out? I have a hose to
> > 'flush' the system but I need to remove the pan anyway because of a
> > leak so I am wondering how I can do a complete job. Oh, it has
> > 153,000 miles on it (yes, that's all).

>
> No drain on the torque convertor. The only way to do a full flush is by
> disconnecting one cooling line going to the rad, and letting the
> transmission pump it out, refill, ...
>



Or drill a hole in it :)


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 18:01   #4 (permalink)
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Draining Torque Converter

"James Sweet" <jamessweet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:DNtue.2516$fw1.765@trnddc02...
>
> "Mike F" <"mikef2316()"@allsttream.nett> wrote in message
> news:42B804A8.1A76992F@allsttream.nett...
>> Spooky Mulder wrote:
>> >
>> > I am planning on a transmission service on my 81 245 (K-Jet, Auto
>> > Trans). Is there a drain plug in the torque converter or some other
>> > fairly straightforward way to get the old fluid out? I have a hose to
>> > 'flush' the system but I need to remove the pan anyway because of a
>> > leak so I am wondering how I can do a complete job. Oh, it has
>> > 153,000 miles on it (yes, that's all).

>>
>> No drain on the torque convertor. The only way to do a full flush is by
>> disconnecting one cooling line going to the rad, and letting the
>> transmission pump it out, refill, ...
>>

>
>
> Or drill a hole in it :)
>
>

Stay away from my car with those tools, James! ;-)

Mike


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:06.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.