Help - leaking tranny - 84 249 GLE - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2005, 12:02   #1 (permalink)
XYZ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Help - leaking tranny - 84 249 GLE

Hi all,

My beast has the 4sp OD auto tranny, and the bush in the back of the
extension housing has gone. It is leaking a lot. I am told you cannot
simply buy the bush, (rare as apparently,) and u need to buy the housing.
Either that or a couple of hundred Aussie to sort it and a new uni in the
tailshaft.

Has anyone eles had this problem?

Cheers, and thanks,

Paul


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-10-2005, 12:02   #2 (permalink)
James Sweet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Help - leaking tranny - 84 249 GLE


"XYZ" <joadja@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
news:EC9Ae.2237$3n.19300@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
> Hi all,
>
> My beast has the 4sp OD auto tranny, and the bush in the back of the
> extension housing has gone. It is leaking a lot. I am told you cannot
> simply buy the bush, (rare as apparently,) and u need to buy the housing.
> Either that or a couple of hundred Aussie to sort it and a new uni in the
> tailshaft.
>
> Has anyone eles had this problem?
>
> Cheers, and thanks,
>
> Paul
>
>



http://www.fcpgroton.com/volvo240autotranny.htm


Tailshaft bushing kit, USD $12


  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:02   #3 (permalink)
Mike F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Help - leaking tranny - 84 249 GLE

James Sweet wrote:
>
> "XYZ" <joadja@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> news:EC9Ae.2237$3n.19300@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My beast has the 4sp OD auto tranny, and the bush in the back of the
> > extension housing has gone. It is leaking a lot. I am told you cannot
> > simply buy the bush, (rare as apparently,) and u need to buy the housing.
> > Either that or a couple of hundred Aussie to sort it and a new uni in the
> > tailshaft.
> >
> > Has anyone eles had this problem?
> >
> > Cheers, and thanks,
> >
> > Paul
> >
> >

>
> http://www.fcpgroton.com/volvo240autotranny.htm
>
> Tailshaft bushing kit, USD $12


Or you should be able to grab the bushing, seal and housing gasket from
your dealer. If he's the one that told you that you couldn't get the
bushing, then give him this part number: 235878. It's pretty expensive
from the dealer, it would be better if you could order it someplace
else. And yes, it's very common.

--
Mike F.
Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.

Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly.
(But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 19:02   #4 (permalink)
XYZ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Help - leaking tranny - 84 249 GLE

Thanks for this link James. I think I am going to contribute to Australia's
trade deficit, even though I would prefer to buy local.

Uni joints on this link are $8.00US, or $16.99 at OEM. They are $99 Aussie
from Volvo here. Even with air freight, they are a fraction of the price.

Thanks again,

Paul



"Mike F" <"mikef2316()"@allsttream.nett> wrote in message
news:42D3E578.BAA60152@allsttream.nett...
> James Sweet wrote:
>>
>> "XYZ" <joadja@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:EC9Ae.2237$3n.19300@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > My beast has the 4sp OD auto tranny, and the bush in the back of the
>> > extension housing has gone. It is leaking a lot. I am told you cannot
>> > simply buy the bush, (rare as apparently,) and u need to buy the
>> > housing.
>> > Either that or a couple of hundred Aussie to sort it and a new uni in
>> > the
>> > tailshaft.
>> >
>> > Has anyone eles had this problem?
>> >
>> > Cheers, and thanks,
>> >
>> > Paul
>> >
>> >

>>
>> http://www.fcpgroton.com/volvo240autotranny.htm
>>
>> Tailshaft bushing kit, USD $12

>
> Or you should be able to grab the bushing, seal and housing gasket from
> your dealer. If he's the one that told you that you couldn't get the
> bushing, then give him this part number: 235878. It's pretty expensive
> from the dealer, it would be better if you could order it someplace
> else. And yes, it's very common.
>
> --
> Mike F.
> Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.
>
> Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly.
> (But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.