light me up!
The next step was to replace all the burned out bulbs. I had already
gone through the tail lights. Everything was working but there were
three bulbs that were blackened inside and were probably ready to go,
so those were replaced, and one pair were mismatched (one chrome and
one brass). I also used Scotchbrite and cleaned all the contacts on
the sockets as well as the tail light housing. The lights are now VERY
bright. The under-hood bulb was also replaced today.
Next were the dash lights. The three bulbs that are supposed to light
the center switches were all burned out, so I pulled off the front
center of the dash and found that they were not only burned out, but
two of them weren't even inserted into the dash. While that was apart
I saw that there were some leaves back in the ventilation system, so I
poked my head back there and WHOA! By the time I got done I had a pile
of leaves large enough to build a small oak tree. There was also a
good build up of crud at the bottom of the evaporator. I cleaned all
that out as best I could, using compressed air, a squirt bottle of
water, a long 1/4" spring, and a long hose connected to the shop vac.
Tomorrow the center console comes out and I clean up all the dried on
coffee, coke, and crud down in there.
Randy & \ \/ /alerie's
'90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate
"Shelby" & "Kate"