Radiator leak - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 01:10 AM
frank
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Radiator leak

Rradiator in my '93 850 started to leak from somewhere between the plastic
tank and the core. I am wondering if there is an easy way to fix. If I would
to go with a new rad, are aftermarket rads good choice for the price you
pay?






 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 01:10 AM
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radiator leak

"frank" <noreply@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:d0npjp$2k4$1@utornnr1pp.grouptelecom.net...
> Rradiator in my '93 850 started to leak from somewhere between the plastic
> tank and the core. I am wondering if there is an easy way to fix. If I
> would
> to go with a new rad, are aftermarket rads good choice for the price you
> pay?
>

I usually go with aftermarket radiators, usually from my favorite parts
store. If there is a problem the support is great.

Mike


 
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 01:10 AM
SwedishEngineering
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radiator leak

Nissens is the best Rad. for this car. Available from Swedish
Engineering 1-800-938-6586.

 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 01:10 AM
JDG
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radiator leak

frank wrote:
> Rradiator in my '93 850 started to leak from somewhere between the plastic
> tank and the core. I am wondering if there is an easy way to fix. If I would
> to go with a new rad, are aftermarket rads good choice for the price you
> pay?
>
>
>
>

I have stopped leaks with JB weld applied to the outside if it is a seam
leak that you can locate. You still have to pull and drain the
radiator,and clean the area to make the repair. The 1-800-radiator
people have good service also, if you can't fix it. Price search for a
replacement.
 
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 03:01 AM
John Robertson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radiator leak

GO for the metal one rather than the plastic ends .

"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in message
news:yvCdnaVTraE4G7LfRVn-hg@sedona.net...
> "frank" <noreply@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:d0npjp$2k4$1@utornnr1pp.grouptelecom.net...
>> Rradiator in my '93 850 started to leak from somewhere between the
>> plastic
>> tank and the core. I am wondering if there is an easy way to fix. If I
>> would
>> to go with a new rad, are aftermarket rads good choice for the price you
>> pay?
>>

> I usually go with aftermarket radiators, usually from my favorite parts
> store. If there is a problem the support is great.
>
> Mike
>



 
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 06:01 AM
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Radiator leak


"John Robertson" <johnnr@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:423e9da5$0$3069$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> GO for the metal one rather than the plastic ends .
>

Definitely.

Mike


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome