repair manual for a 2004 xc70? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2005, 11:01   #1 (permalink)
betsey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

hi--
anyone have any leads on a repair manual for a 2004 xc 70 wagon? it
seems chilton has not come out with one......

also, just had my volvo in for service today, and is less than
enchanted...was charged 4 hours of labor (only there for 1.45), and new
brake pads. hubby requested old brake pads....as the tech said they
were 3mm. they were at least DOUBLE that. so....hence the request for
leads on a manual. the hubby will do the work, not me!

thanks

betsey

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2005, 11:01   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Dog
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

betsey wrote:

> just had my volvo in for service today, and is less than
> enchanted...was charged 4 hours of labor (only there for 1.45),


How many people worked on it?

--
Crazy Dog
wfh at crazy hyphen dog dot fsnet dot co dot uk
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:01   #3 (permalink)
Mike Lindsay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

In article <1132938578.298301.73040@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
betsey <twoxover@aol.com> writes
>hi--
>anyone have any leads on a repair manual for a 2004 xc 70 wagon? it
>seems chilton has not come out with one......
>
>also, just had my volvo in for service today, and is less than
>enchanted...was charged 4 hours of labor (only there for 1.45),


Maybe they had more than one bloke working on it?
> and new
>brake pads. hubby requested old brake pads....as the tech said they
>were 3mm. they were at least DOUBLE that. so....hence the request for
>leads on a manual. the hubby will do the work, not me!
>
>thanks
>
>betsey
>


--
Mike Lindsay
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 13:01   #4 (permalink)
Ernest Scribbler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

"betsey" wrote
> anyone have any leads on a repair manual for a 2004 xc 70 wagon?


http://search.ebay.com/search/search...=volvo%20vadis


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
RiverLink
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

The Chilton's 1990-98 will have generic information that can be used on your
'04 XC70. Although slightly outdated, I have used it as a resource to
replace brake pads on my '01 XC and recently to change spark plugs on my '04
XC70. I bought mine in the auto section of a Wal-Mart store.

I have a write up on my web site dealing with oil changes and generally,
that's about all you'll need to do. Check out:

http://cvolvo.com/Central/Repair/B5254T.html

Frankly, I'm surprised you needed brake pads on an '04. When I changes to
my winter tires a few weeks ago, I inspected the brake pads and they're less
than 1/2 worn, good for another year at least and I have 45,000km on the
XC70.

I only take my XC70 back to the dealership for warranty work. In Canada we
have an 80,000km or 4 year warranty that covers everything but wear items
(brake pads, wipers, etc).

Good luck in the furture.

Cam

"betsey" <twoxover@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1132938578.298301.73040@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> hi--
> anyone have any leads on a repair manual for a 2004 xc 70 wagon? it
> seems chilton has not come out with one......
>
> also, just had my volvo in for service today, and is less than
> enchanted...was charged 4 hours of labor (only there for 1.45), and new
> brake pads. hubby requested old brake pads....as the tech said they
> were 3mm. they were at least DOUBLE that. so....hence the request for
> leads on a manual. the hubby will do the work, not me!
>
> thanks
>
> betsey
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 14:01   #6 (permalink)
betsey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

HI--
one person had worked on the car. its frustrating, to say the
least....

betsey

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 15:01   #7 (permalink)
Glenn Klein
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

betsey wrote:
> HI--
> one person had worked on the car. its frustrating, to say the
> least....
>
> betsey
>

Most dealers pay their techs on the flat rate pay system if the tech
spent approx a hour & 45 minutes he was paid the 4 hours this system has
its plus & minus side to it which I am not going to get in to here
Glenn

--
"*-344-*Never Forgotten"
Is for the New York City Firemen who lost their lives on September 11,2001.
The official count is 343, but there was also a volunteer who lost his life
aiding in the initial rescue efforts. And I will never forget them as
long as I live,
nor should any American.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 15:01   #8 (permalink)
betsey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

Cam-
thank you for the insigt and link...it will help!

the 2005 has 45000 miles on it,a nd that is the crux of the matter, my
husband, upon viewing the "spent" pads (he requested them), said that
they were good for many many more miles. In other words, the tech
looked to make some extra money by recommending replacement.

i work as a loss control con******t for an insurance company, and one
of the programs i am involved in is auto dealerships. service techs
are not paid just an hourly or salary wage, they are also paid a
commission off of the services they "sell". which is why, a good
service tech makes in excess of $100,000 a year (not saying they arent
worth it, but this is just how the pay is structured). Given
yesterdays treatment, the hubby has decided that he will now do his own
maintenance on this car. (he's more than qualified, just had stopped
due to time constraints....)

betsey

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 16:01   #9 (permalink)
~^ beancounter ~^
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

if only one tech worked on the car, you were overcharged
by the dealer...ask for a refund or adj, then (if need be) complain
to volvo corp and cc the state auto repair oversight office.....you
may be a victim of fraud.....these practices are illegal (and stupid)
for any auto repair facility...keep us posted !!

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 20:01   #10 (permalink)
Rob Guenther
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: repair manual for a 2004 xc70?

Sounds like it's time for another dealer, or a Volvo/European car garage
too... for when your husband doesn't have time to work on it.

I've found a good Volvo dealer for our 960, and 2 good VW dealers and one
good VW garage for our Golfs.... Apparantly the VW dealers being good is a
REALLY rare thing - I've heard of some bad Volvo dealers as well - just
gotta ask around, you don't even have to get your warranty work done where
you bought the car either.


"betsey" <twoxover@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1133044493.958334.160470@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Cam-
> thank you for the insigt and link...it will help!
>
> the 2005 has 45000 miles on it,a nd that is the crux of the matter, my
> husband, upon viewing the "spent" pads (he requested them), said that
> they were good for many many more miles. In other words, the tech
> looked to make some extra money by recommending replacement.
>
> i work as a loss control con******t for an insurance company, and one
> of the programs i am involved in is auto dealerships. service techs
> are not paid just an hourly or salary wage, they are also paid a
> commission off of the services they "sell". which is why, a good
> service tech makes in excess of $100,000 a year (not saying they arent
> worth it, but this is just how the pay is structured). Given
> yesterdays treatment, the hubby has decided that he will now do his own
> maintenance on this car. (he's more than qualified, just had stopped
> due to time constraints....)
>
> betsey
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:00.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.