S40 Manual Transmission - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2005, 01:10   #1 (permalink)
Bob W.

S40 Manual Transmission

Anyone here have a new (04.5 or 05) S40 with the manual transmission (especially with the T5)? I can't find one to test drive here in town and want to know what you think about it (the transmission, not the lack of manuals at dealerships). I have read at least one report that the shifter is a bit uncertain (sloppy?). I have also read that it is easy to stall in 1st gear. All comments welcome.

Bob W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2005, 01:10   #2 (permalink)
Marc Sebens

Re: S40 Manual Transmission

I have one, not a T5 though. Not sloppy, but it can stall in 1st if you are not paying attention. The throw to 3rd seems a little short and I am sometimes concerned it is all the way in.

I've only had it about a month, but put 3000 mi on it. Still getting used to it.

I got mine off the lot in Cincinnati, you might try Volvo of Cincinnati or Frank Z Volvo in Dayton

"Bob W." <bleew@columbus.dropthis.rr.com> wrote in message news:qaNXd.3497$4k2.1244@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
Anyone here have a new (04.5 or 05) S40 with the manual transmission (especially with the T5)? I can't find one to test drive here in town and want to know what you think about it (the transmission, not the lack of manuals at dealerships). I have read at least one report that the shifter is a bit uncertain (sloppy?). I have also read that it is easy to stall in 1st gear. All comments welcome.

Bob W.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:10   #3 (permalink)
Bob W.

Re: S40 Manual Transmission

Thanks for the reply Marc. They just got a T5 with manual at Byers Volvo and I test drove it on Saturday. I stalled it twice but should be able to deal with it with a little practice. Felt very good, nothing like what one of the reviews described. Only problem I see is the lack of space for my big right foot. I rub the brake pedal with the side of my foot while using the gas. The test car didn't have a sunroof but they found one at the warehouse and I put my money down today.

Bob W.
Soon-to-be S40 owner
"Marc Sebens" <marcsebens@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:AD4Zd.17336$4k2.6073@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
I have one, not a T5 though. Not sloppy, but it can stall in 1st if you are not paying attention. The throw to 3rd seems a little short and I am sometimes concerned it is all the way in.

I've only had it about a month, but put 3000 mi on it. Still getting used to it.

I got mine off the lot in Cincinnati, you might try Volvo of Cincinnati or Frank Z Volvo in Dayton

"Bob W." <bleew@columbus.dropthis.rr.com> wrote in message news:qaNXd.3497$4k2.1244@fe2.columbus.rr.com...

Bob W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo