S80 Drivers door lock - buzzing? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:27 AM
Scott C
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
S80 Drivers door lock - buzzing?

Just recently my drivers door lock started buzzing, like a gear may be
stripped when I try to close / open it, but it works - at least so far. I'm
sure there is a gear that drives the lock up and down? but it does seem to
work. When you even open the door, you hear this noise, like a buzzing..

Any ideas?




 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:27 AM
Glenn Klein
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: S80 Drivers door lock - buzzing?

Scott C wrote:
> Just recently my drivers door lock started buzzing, like a gear may be
> stripped when I try to close / open it, but it works - at least so far. I'm
> sure there is a gear that drives the lock up and down? but it does seem to
> work. When you even open the door, you hear this noise, like a buzzing..
>
> Any ideas?
>
>

The Door Lock Motor is no good & needs to be replaced the part is not
that hard to change if still under warrentry return to the dealer for
the repair if out then choice is yours to repair
Glenn

--
"*-344-*Never Forgotten"
Is for the New York City Firemen who lost their lives on September 11,2001.
The official count is 343, but there was also a volunteer who lost his life
aiding in the initial rescue efforts. And I will never forget them as
long as I live,
nor should any American.
 
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:27 AM
Scott C
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: S80 Drivers door lock - buzzing?

Thanks, not under warranty for sure.. any ideas how to get the door panel
off? I usually end up breaking something - like plastic door holders that
attach the panel to the metal part of the door.

sc


"Glenn Klein" <Glenn@hotmail.net> wrote in message
news:42A3A21E.6090401@hotmail.net...
> Scott C wrote:
> > Just recently my drivers door lock started buzzing, like a gear may be
> > stripped when I try to close / open it, but it works - at least so far.

I'm
> > sure there is a gear that drives the lock up and down? but it does seem

to
> > work. When you even open the door, you hear this noise, like a buzzing..
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> >

> The Door Lock Motor is no good & needs to be replaced the part is not
> that hard to change if still under warrentry return to the dealer for
> the repair if out then choice is yours to repair
> Glenn
>
> --
> "*-344-*Never Forgotten"
> Is for the New York City Firemen who lost their lives on September

11,2001.
> The official count is 343, but there was also a volunteer who lost his

life
> aiding in the initial rescue efforts. And I will never forget them as
> long as I live,
> nor should any American.



 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:28 AM
Mike F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: S80 Drivers door lock - buzzing?

Scott C wrote:
>
> Thanks, not under warranty for sure.. any ideas how to get the door panel
> off? I usually end up breaking something - like plastic door holders that
> attach the panel to the metal part of the door.
>
> sc
>


http://www.volvospeed.com/Repair/doorremove.php

--
Mike F.
Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.

Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly.
(But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)
 
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:28 AM
Scott C
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: S80 Drivers door lock - buzzing?

Perfect, thanks

sc
"Mike F" <"mikef2316()"@allsttream.nett> wrote in message
news:42A5943A.1DD7CA70@allsttream.nett...
> Scott C wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, not under warranty for sure.. any ideas how to get the door

panel
> > off? I usually end up breaking something - like plastic door holders

that
> > attach the panel to the metal part of the door.
> >
> > sc
> >

>
> http://www.volvospeed.com/Repair/doorremove.php
>
> --
> Mike F.
> Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.
>
> Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly.
> (But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome