Hello everyone and thanks for your help,
I got the manual this way:
- I filled up a help request through the global website
- The message has been forwarded to Finland Customer
- The Finnish Customer Relationship Manager emailed me right
away to redirect me to a new internet shop:
- I registered, ordered the manual (in Italian, my mother
tongue) and paid with Visa in a few easy steps.
- In short, everything great but the shipping costs:
the cheapest option was 228.69 Swedish Krones, about 25
Euro!!! The manual itself is 159.00 Krones. Crazy. Normal
Post service is not more than 2 or 3 Euro.
ps - Needless to say, I wrote to the Italian Customer
Relationship too but never got a reply.
Peter K L Milnes wrote:
> Matteo, try a visit to the VOC website on http://www.volvoclub.org.uk
> Find the address of the club shop manager (Ron Kirby) and ask him if they
> have an owner's manual for a 1997 V40. Ron will tell you what price to pay
> and arrange shipping.
> All the best, Peter.
> 700/900/90 Register Keeper,
> Volvo Owners Club (UK).
> "Tommileo" <email@example.com> wrote in message
>>I just bought a 2nd hand V40 1.8 (1997) and its user's manual is in
>>Finnish (I live in Finland but don't speak any Finnish).
>>Can anyone tell me how to find the manual in English?
>>I tried to order it from a Volvo shop but they told me it's not for sale.