Volvo 240 warning light - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 08:01   #1 (permalink)
Beck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Volvo 240 warning light

My Dad recently brought a second hand 1992 Volvo 240se.

It has a red warning light on it with a black triangle. This lamp is solid
and not flashing. We bought a Haynes manual but it doesn't seem to have
this warning lamp described in it. Can anyone please advise what this lamp
is for? It is due to go in for an MOT on Friday.


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2005, 08:01   #2 (permalink)
Brian V
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo 240 warning light


"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
news:3n3djvF19ldj9U1@individual.net...
> My Dad recently brought a second hand 1992 Volvo 240se.
>
> It has a red warning light on it with a black triangle. This lamp is
> solid and not flashing. We bought a Haynes manual but it doesn't seem to
> have this warning lamp described in it. Can anyone please advise what
> this lamp is for? It is due to go in for an MOT on Friday.
>


It's your flashers button!


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:01   #3 (permalink)
Beck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo 240 warning light


"Brian V" <diespammer@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:Gc2dnZKF0ubHHJHeRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>
> "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
> news:3n3djvF19ldj9U1@individual.net...
>> My Dad recently brought a second hand 1992 Volvo 240se.
>>
>> It has a red warning light on it with a black triangle. This lamp is
>> solid and not flashing. We bought a Haynes manual but it doesn't seem to
>> have this warning lamp described in it. Can anyone please advise what
>> this lamp is for? It is due to go in for an MOT on Friday.
>>

>
> It's your flashers button!


Sorry to seem dense but what does that mean?


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:01   #4 (permalink)
Beck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo 240 warning light


"Brian V" <diespammer@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:Gc2dnZKF0ubHHJHeRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>
> "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
> news:3n3djvF19ldj9U1@individual.net...
>> My Dad recently brought a second hand 1992 Volvo 240se.
>>
>> It has a red warning light on it with a black triangle. This lamp is
>> solid and not flashing. We bought a Haynes manual but it doesn't seem to
>> have this warning lamp described in it. Can anyone please advise what
>> this lamp is for? It is due to go in for an MOT on Friday.
>>

>
> It's your flashers button!


Assuming you mean hazard flashers, why would this be solid all of the time?
Faulty wiring? I have been told it has "engine" written by it. Sorry for
the lack of info, we are not able to get at the car at the moment, so I am
relying on 3rd hand information.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
Brian V
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo 240 warning light


"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
news:3n3getF1970rdU1@individual.net...
>
> "Brian V" <diespammer@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:Gc2dnZKF0ubHHJHeRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>>
>> "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:3n3djvF19ldj9U1@individual.net...
>>> My Dad recently brought a second hand 1992 Volvo 240se.
>>>
>>> It has a red warning light on it with a black triangle. This lamp is
>>> solid and not flashing. We bought a Haynes manual but it doesn't seem
>>> to have this warning lamp described in it. Can anyone please advise
>>> what this lamp is for? It is due to go in for an MOT on Friday.
>>>

>>
>> It's your flashers button!

>
> Assuming you mean hazard flashers, why would this be solid all of the
> time? Faulty wiring? I have been told it has "engine" written by it.
> Sorry for the lack of info, we are not able to get at the car at the
> moment, so I am relying on 3rd hand information.
>


If it has engine written next to it it's not the hazzards button, is this in
your gauge cluster or on the dash? The hazzards button is a backlit button
which is lighted all of the time (atleast on my S80 it is). You press it and
it turns on your hazzards/flashers, press it again and it turns them off.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:01   #6 (permalink)
Beck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo 240 warning light


"Brian V" <diespammer@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:UtWdnZ2dnZ2Jn-3xnZ2dnVgFkd6dnZ2dRVn-yp2dnZ0@comcast.com...
> If it has engine written next to it it's not the hazzards button, is this
> in your gauge cluster or on the dash? The hazzards button is a backlit
> button which is lighted all of the time (atleast on my S80 it is). You
> press it and it turns on your hazzards/flashers, press it again and it
> turns them off.


Hi Brian, upon further research I think its the engine fault code come up.
Think we need to go intot he diagnostic console to seek out the code.


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:59.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.