Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2005, 07:01   #1 (permalink)
plancer@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760

Looking to replace a damaged Left Front (Driver) side on a 1991 945
(Turbo Wagon) with a fender from a 1990 760 Turbo Sedan.

Wondering if anyone would know for sure if the fenders are the same (or
close enough that maybe just a hole doesn't match up)?

Thanks for any help!
Rndthought

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-02-2005, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
Peter K L Milnes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760

No way, the fenders are quite different owing to different hood profiles.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper,
Volvo Owners Club (UK).

<plancer@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1122986575.941164.181340@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Looking to replace a damaged Left Front (Driver) side on a 1991 945
> (Turbo Wagon) with a fender from a 1990 760 Turbo Sedan.
>
> Wondering if anyone would know for sure if the fenders are the same (or
> close enough that maybe just a hole doesn't match up)?
>
> Thanks for any help!
> Rndthought
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
rndthought
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760

:(

Thank you.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:01   #4 (permalink)
James Sweet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760


"Peter K L Milnes" <Peter.K.L.Milnes@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:dcp3bm$b4c$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> No way, the fenders are quite different owing to different hood profiles.
>
> All the best, Peter.
>
> 700/900/90 Register Keeper,
> Volvo Owners Club (UK).
>



Are you sure? The late 760's look exactly like 940's from the front to me.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
Mike F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760

James Sweet wrote:
>
> "Peter K L Milnes" <Peter.K.L.Milnes@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:dcp3bm$b4c$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> > No way, the fenders are quite different owing to different hood profiles.
> >
> > All the best, Peter.
> >
> > 700/900/90 Register Keeper,
> > Volvo Owners Club (UK).
> >

>
> Are you sure? The late 760's look exactly like 940's from the front to me.


The difference is where the fender, hood and windshield intersect. The
760/960 type has a detail for the semi hidden wipers, the 740/940 have
the exposed wiper and the painted grill panel at the windshield base.
The fly in the ointment is the '91 940SE which was really a 960 with the
turbo 4, which uses the 760/960 type hood and fenders.

--
Mike F.
Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.

Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly.
(But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 22:01   #6 (permalink)
James Sweet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760


"Mike F" <"mikef2316()"@allsttream.nett> wrote in message
news:42F0CDF3.A8987C77@allsttream.nett...
> James Sweet wrote:
> >
> > "Peter K L Milnes" <Peter.K.L.Milnes@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > news:dcp3bm$b4c$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> > > No way, the fenders are quite different owing to different hood

profiles.
> > >
> > > All the best, Peter.
> > >
> > > 700/900/90 Register Keeper,
> > > Volvo Owners Club (UK).
> > >

> >
> > Are you sure? The late 760's look exactly like 940's from the front to

me.
>
> The difference is where the fender, hood and windshield intersect. The
> 760/960 type has a detail for the semi hidden wipers, the 740/940 have
> the exposed wiper and the painted grill panel at the windshield base.
> The fly in the ointment is the '91 940SE which was really a 960 with the
> turbo 4, which uses the 760/960 type hood and fenders.
>



Ah, for some reason I thought the late 740's went to that same arrangement,
guess not.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 00:01   #7 (permalink)
Alex Zepeda
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 02:53:23 +0000, James Sweet wrote:

> Ah, for some reason I thought the late 740's went to that same
> arrangement, guess not.


No, they never did. Some 940s got the w/fogs headlamps that you see on
the 960 and 760s. The front clip is otherwise different tho.

--
alex
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 13:01   #8 (permalink)
rndthought
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760

I may have a gold painted Front Left (driver) fender for a '90 760 for
sale real soon...just had to know it was too good to be true! Bidding
starts at $0.01 + actual shipping from Orlando Florida!!!!

On another note, does anyone know where I should look for the same,
Front Left Fender for a '91 945? Could use a hood too. The Trifecta
would be both in the Gold paint!

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 16:01   #9 (permalink)
Alex Zepeda
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:50:41 -0700, rndthought wrote:

> On another note, does anyone know where I should look for the same,
> Front Left Fender for a '91 945? Could use a hood too. The Trifecta
> would be both in the Gold paint!


Any fender from a 90+ 740 or 940 will fit.

I'd check Sweden Auto Warehouse in Sacramento, Erie Vovo in New York,
Voluparts in Atlanta, etc. I'd expect to pay about $120-$150.

Check car-part.com for less specialized yards that are perhaps closer to
where you live.

--
alex
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 19:01   #10 (permalink)
User
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Volvo Fenders - `91 945 / `90 760

In article <1123177841.539741.153500@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
plancer@gmail.com says...
> I may have a gold painted Front Left (driver) fender for a '90 760 for
> sale real soon...just had to know it was too good to be true! Bidding
> starts at $0.01 + actual shipping from Orlando Florida!!!!
>
> On another note, does anyone know where I should look for the same,
> Front Left Fender for a '91 945? Could use a hood too. The Trifecta
> would be both in the Gold paint!
>
>

If tou can get your insurance company to let you speak with an adjuster,
they have all the numbers for all the junkyards in you area that provide
their approved body shops with LKQ (Like Kind Quality) parts.

Bob
--
The goal when driving is to miss the maximum number of objects.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Volvo



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:46.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.