101 the X files - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2005, 18:01   #1 (permalink)
Derek
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
101 the X files

Dunno if you got my earlier email I found the website with the other files
on it and the good news it has quite a few for FCs I said swedish ( randy
aupair obsessed ) actually Estonia but it was originally linked from a
swedish site- enjoy http://www.landrover.ee/est/varia/downloads/cars.htm
its a biatch to find if you enter via the homepage
Derek


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2005, 04:01   #2 (permalink)
Alex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: 101 the X files

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 01:22:23 +0100, Mother <"@ {mother} @"@101fc.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:59:53 GMT, "Derek"
><del.wattsspamnoman@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Dunno if you got my earlier email I found the website with the other files
>>on it and the good news it has quite a few for FCs

>
>I love being pointed toward sites that've just leeched my files
>directory... :-(


I presume it was you who added the big red text on the front cover
then?

Alex
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:04   #3 (permalink)
Derek
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 101 the X files


"Mother" <"@ {mother} @"@101fc.net> wrote in message
news:dcrbj1l1u3o1lfhvr4itjprdaveo4k6ujg@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:59:53 GMT, "Derek"
> <del.wattsspamnoman@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >Dunno if you got my earlier email I found the website with the other

files
> >on it and the good news it has quite a few for FCs

>
> I love being pointed toward sites that've just leeched my files
> directory... :-(
>
>

Well I did remove it from our server after I realised that an email had
become a newsgroup posting looks like it was relayed to other servers rather
quickly ( not like NTL) Its not a very new site either I discovered it I
think in 2001 but lost the url have you seen the archive on the russian
site that should cover the rest of your files directory , maybe not holiday
snaps tho'
Derek


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 14:01   #4 (permalink)
Derek
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 101 the X files


"Mother" posted

>
> Having made stuph available for around 10 years, I occasionally get
> hacked of when someone has just ripped the entire directory, then put
> it on their own site. What really pisses me off is when they
> vandalise the documents, by putting 'downloaded from' or otherwise non
> original text all over them. My archieve is just that, an archive.
> If it gets abused I'll remove it.
>
>
> --


I had never actually delved into your site Martyn aside from the videos and
curiosity whether it was your FC I had seen at a 4x4in previous years plenty
of good info there and the lpg setup piqued my imagination, must make
Grumble more affordable with the 4.6 pushing now .I wonder why a bunch of
Estonians and Russians have an interest in 101s though surely there can't be
many in that neck of the woods unless some got lost on the way home
for decommisioning
Derek


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 101 the X files

"Derek" <del.wattsspamnoman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:MuDZe.3179$df6.1970@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> I had never actually delved into your site Martyn aside from the videos
> and
> curiosity whether it was your FC I had seen at a 4x4in previous years
> plenty
> of good info there and the lpg setup piqued my imagination, must make
> Grumble more affordable with the 4.6 pushing now .I wonder why a bunch of
> Estonians and Russians have an interest in 101s though surely there can't
> be
> many in that neck of the woods unless some got lost on the way home
> for decommisioning
> Derek


There is a local Zil Radio truck which apparently should never go in to
civvy hands in civvy hands IYSWIM.

Perhaphs they did a swap for some Stella or summat. ".. three goats and a
101 for one of them and thats my final offer".

"Hell no Commrad, a Range rover Classic is worth at least 4 goats!"



I'll get me goat ........

Lee D


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:01   #6 (permalink)
ADB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 101 the X files

>
>
> Having made stuph available for around 10 years, I occasionally get
> hacked of when someone has just ripped the entire directory, then put
> it on their own site. What really pisses me off is when they
> vandalise the documents, by putting 'downloaded from' or otherwise non
> original text all over them. My archieve is just that, an archive.
> If it gets abused I'll remove it.
>
>


Don't you think your self righteous attitude is misplaced?
You have after all, infringed the LR copyright by making these documents
available publicly?

Just a thought!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:01   #7 (permalink)
Steve Taylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 101 the X files

ADB wrote:

> Don't you think your self righteous attitude is misplaced?
> You have after all, infringed the LR copyright by making these documents
> available publicly?


The 101 stuff is Crown Copyright, and is now open for distribution, with
attribution.

Steve
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:01   #8 (permalink)
ADB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 101 the X files


>
> I'm unsure why you have used the "?" as you appear to be making a
> statement, not asking a question.
>
>


My mistake !>!..<><>&


> And why might that be then?


Because ">>You have after all, infringed the LR copyright by making
these documents available publicly."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:01   #9 (permalink)
Tim Hobbs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 101 the X files

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:14:25 +0100, ADB <nospam@email.com> wrote:

>
>>
>> I'm unsure why you have used the "?" as you appear to be making a
>> statement, not asking a question.
>>
>>

>
>My mistake !>!..<><>&
>
>
> > And why might that be then?

>
>Because ">>You have after all, infringed the LR copyright by making
>these documents available publicly."


Or if, after all, that is not the case then you have just libelled Mr
Bailey...

You'll be able to provide proof of course. Defamation being one of
those odd areas where you have to prove your innocence rather than the
reverse.

;-)


--

Tim Hobbs

'58 Series 2 88" aka "Stig"
'03 Volvo V70
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:01   #10 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 101 the X files

On or around Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:14:25 +0100, ADB <nospam@email.com>
enlightened us thusly:

>
>>
>> I'm unsure why you have used the "?" as you appear to be making a
>> statement, not asking a question.
>>
>>

>
>My mistake !>!..<><>&
>
>
> > And why might that be then?

>
>Because ">>You have after all, infringed the LR copyright by making
>these documents available publicly."


I rather doubt it. I suspect that Martyn is sufficiently clued-up not to
risk a lawsuit for publishing stuff that's copyrighted without permission.


Mind, I've not heard of that russian site being done for reproducing
manuals. I wish LR and others would do this anyway, for a nominal fee, say
a fiver. I'd be quite happy to pay a fiver to download electronic copies of
the manuals for vehicles I run.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt"
(confound the men who have made our remarks before us.)
Aelius Donatus (4th Cent.) [St. Jerome, Commentary on Ecclesiastes]
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:55.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.