On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:54:35 +0100, "Lee_D"
>To replace the diff seal I recall comment of a nut and a special tool... can
>some kind soul please enlighten me.
AXLE DIFFERENTIAL ASSEMBLY
Service repair no - 51.15.07.
NOTE: Mark differential components so their original positions
relative to other components is maintained. Bearing caps
must not be interchanged.
1. Remove axle shafts then differential assembly
2. Remove roll pin securing bearing nut locking fingers to bearing
caps. Remove locking fingers.
3. Loosen bearing cap bolts and mark caps for assembly.
4. Using service tool LRT-54-508, remove bearing adjusting nuts.
5. Remove bearing cap bolts and bearing caps.
6. Remove crown wheel differential unit and
Remove pinion FRONT AXLE DIFFERENTIAL ONLY
7. Remove pinion flange nut using service tool LRT-51-003 to restrain
8. Remove washer and pinion drive flange.
9. Remove pinion complete with bearing and outer bearing shims.
10. Remove pinion flange oil seal, spacer and bearing.
>Is it the sort of job you can do on the drive or would you throw in the towl
>and book it in to be done along with the next service. I'm not shy of the
>work , just very busy and need the car back to A1 for our touring later this
Get on with it. the special tool looks like an adjustable peg spanner,
you just need summat to hold the flange still. If you leave the diff
in the axle you should be able to get the seal out with the pinion in
place with the usual hacking and gouging ;-)
>And is there a Disco 300 V8 manual knocking around the web anywhere? It's
>one of the few ones I've not got yet.
Yours for a fiver.
big dot russ8 at ntlworld dot com
spouting bollocks on Usenet since 1997
Usenet FAQ at
UPCE FAQ at http://upce.org.uk/
UKRM FAQ at http://www.ukrm.net/faq/