Abandoned Series 2A - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 01:12 AM
Bob Hobden
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Abandoned Series 2A

Just come back from a few days away in N. Cornwall and round the back of the
cottage we stayed in was a late, tax exempt, Series 2a that was obviously
abandoned. Took a quick look and it seemed straight and the chassis didn't
look too bad, had FWH's and Overdrive. Would come up quite OK with a clean.
Made some enquiries and it seems it belongs to the daughter of the lady that
owned the holiday cottage and was abandoned a couple of years ago when the
engine seized, fuel tank also sprung a leak. Previously it was her daily
transport.
Anyone who fancies a project in the N.Cornwall area mail me as I can get
contact details if needed.

--
Regards
Bob
In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London





 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 01:12 AM
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Abandoned Series 2A

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:14:53 -0000, "Bob Hobden" <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

>Just come back from a few days away in N. Cornwall and round the back of the
>cottage we stayed in was a late, tax exempt, Series 2a that was obviously
>abandoned. Took a quick look and it seemed straight and the chassis didn't
>look too bad, had FWH's and Overdrive. Would come up quite OK with a clean.
>Made some enquiries and it seems it belongs to the daughter of the lady that
>owned the holiday cottage and was abandoned a couple of years ago when the
>engine seized, fuel tank also sprung a leak. Previously it was her daily
>transport.
>Anyone who fancies a project in the N.Cornwall area mail me as I can get
>contact details if needed.


What model is it?
wheelbase and body?


Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

 
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 01:12 AM
Bob Hobden
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Abandoned Series 2A


Mark replied ..
to Bob Hobden" who wrote
>>Just come back from a few days away in N. Cornwall and round the back of
>>the
>>cottage we stayed in was a late, tax exempt, Series 2a that was obviously
>>abandoned. Took a quick look and it seemed straight and the chassis didn't
>>look too bad, had FWH's and Overdrive. Would come up quite OK with a
>>clean.
>>Made some enquiries and it seems it belongs to the daughter of the lady
>>that
>>owned the holiday cottage and was abandoned a couple of years ago when the
>>engine seized, fuel tank also sprung a leak. Previously it was her daily
>>transport.
>>Anyone who fancies a project in the N.Cornwall area mail me as I can get
>>contact details if needed.

>
> What model is it?
> wheelbase and body?
>

It's a SWB 88 hard top with windows in the back, not sure about rear seats
though, from comments about the petrol leaking it must still be a 2.25
petrol. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo, silly me!

--
Regards
Bob
In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London



 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 01:12 AM
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Abandoned Series 2A

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:04:23 -0000, "Bob Hobden" <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

>
>Mark replied ..
>to Bob Hobden" who wrote
>>>Just come back from a few days away in N. Cornwall and round the back of
>>>the
>>>cottage we stayed in was a late, tax exempt, Series 2a that was obviously
>>>abandoned. Took a quick look and it seemed straight and the chassis didn't
>>>look too bad, had FWH's and Overdrive. Would come up quite OK with a
>>>clean.
>>>Made some enquiries and it seems it belongs to the daughter of the lady
>>>that
>>>owned the holiday cottage and was abandoned a couple of years ago when the
>>>engine seized, fuel tank also sprung a leak. Previously it was her daily
>>>transport.
>>>Anyone who fancies a project in the N.Cornwall area mail me as I can get
>>>contact details if needed.

>>
>> What model is it?
>> wheelbase and body?
>>

>It's a SWB 88 hard top with windows in the back, not sure about rear seats
>though, from comments about the petrol leaking it must still be a 2.25
>petrol. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo, silly me!


I know of someone who'd be interested in a lwb station wagon, I'll
mention this one to him anyway.


Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

 
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-05, 01:16 AM
John Halliwell
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Abandoned Series 2A

In article <jqcs21pe5m2kt4l1frlpp9huvbcu6oerj8@4ax.com>, MVP
<mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> writes
>I know of someone who'd be interested in a lwb station wagon, I'll
>mention this one to him anyway.


My IIa 109 Ex-Mod hardtop with windows (2.25 Petrol, twin tanks, FWH,
o/d) might be up for grabs. It hasn't run for several years but
everything mechanical was OK. The passenger footwell and door pillars
are in need of TLC.

I'm looking for somewhere to repair it but I might not manage to get
that far!

--
John
Ex MOD 109 -> http://www.photopia.demon.co.uk/landy.htm

Preston, Lancs, UK.

 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome