air vents seals replacement on defender td5 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 07:01 AM
Landy Fred
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
air vents seals replacement on defender td5

I have a leaking air vent on my Defender TD5 2002
How can I change the seal of the air vent?
thanks
Fred




 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 08:01 AM
beamendsltd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: air vents seals replacement on defender td5

In message <436cbe28$0$25077$dbd45001@news.wanadoo.nl>
"Landy Fred" <fred.huge_nospam@wanadoo.nl> wrote:

> I have a leaking air vent on my Defender TD5 2002
> How can I change the seal of the air vent?
> thanks
> Fred
>
>


They are stick-on (self-adhesive)

JAE000030 Vent Seal - Defender 6.46 inc VAT


Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay
 
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-05, 11:02 AM
Fred Huge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: air vents seals replacement on defender td5

Thanks Richard,
One question left: how can I remove the old seal. Must I remove the dash
from the inside or is there an easier way around?
Fred


"beamendsltd" <beamendsltd@btconnect.com> schreef in bericht
news:848218c54d%beamendsltd@btconnect.com...
> In message <436cbe28$0$25077$dbd45001@news.wanadoo.nl>
> "Landy Fred" <fred.huge_nospam@wanadoo.nl> wrote:
>
> > I have a leaking air vent on my Defender TD5 2002
> > How can I change the seal of the air vent?
> > thanks
> > Fred
> >
> >

>
> They are stick-on (self-adhesive)
>
> JAE000030 Vent Seal - Defender 6.46 inc VAT
>
>
> Richard
> --
> www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
> Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
> Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
> Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay



 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-05, 01:01 AM
beamendsltd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: air vents seals replacement on defender td5

In message <436e4b5e$0$20234$dbd49001@news.wanadoo.nl>
"Fred Huge" <fred.huge@wanadoo.nl> wrote:

> Thanks Richard,
> One question left: how can I remove the old seal. Must I remove the dash
> from the inside or is there an easier way around?
> Fred
>


They quite literally just stick on - lift a corner and you'll see.

Richard

>
> "beamendsltd" <beamendsltd@btconnect.com> schreef in bericht
> news:848218c54d%beamendsltd@btconnect.com...
> > In message <436cbe28$0$25077$dbd45001@news.wanadoo.nl>
> > "Landy Fred" <fred.huge_nospam@wanadoo.nl> wrote:
> >
> > > I have a leaking air vent on my Defender TD5 2002
> > > How can I change the seal of the air vent?
> > > thanks
> > > Fred
> > >
> > >

> >
> > They are stick-on (self-adhesive)
> >
> > JAE000030 Vent Seal - Defender 6.46 inc VAT
> >
> >
> > Richard
> > --
> > www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
> > Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
> > Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
> > Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay

>
>


--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay
 
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-05, 11:01 AM
Peter R.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: air vents seals replacement on defender td5

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 15:14:04 +0100, "Landy Fred"
<fred.huge_nospam@wanadoo.nl> wrote:

>I have a leaking air vent on my Defender TD5 2002
>How can I change the seal of the air vent?
>thanks
>Fred
>


Replaced mine with series III rubber ones. They actually close.

Peter R.
 
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-05, 01:01 PM
mogg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: air vents seals replacement on defender td5

Fred
I took the vent off completely when I did mine, if I remember
just take the hinge pin out and undo the 6mm (I think) nuts very easy if
fiddly
give it a good clean before sticking the new ones on

ps don't kneel on the bonnet when doing this because you dent it

good luck
Eddie



"beamendsltd" <beamendsltd@btconnect.com> wrote in message
news:7e1fac54d%beamendsltd@btconnect.com...
> In message <436e4b5e$0$20234$dbd49001@news.wanadoo.nl>
> "Fred Huge" <fred.huge@wanadoo.nl> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Richard,
>> One question left: how can I remove the old seal. Must I remove the dash
>> from the inside or is there an easier way around?
>> Fred
>>

>
> They quite literally just stick on - lift a corner and you'll see.
>
> Richard
>
>>
>> "beamendsltd" <beamendsltd@btconnect.com> schreef in bericht
>> news:848218c54d%beamendsltd@btconnect.com...
>> > In message <436cbe28$0$25077$dbd45001@news.wanadoo.nl>
>> > "Landy Fred" <fred.huge_nospam@wanadoo.nl> wrote:
>> >
>> > > I have a leaking air vent on my Defender TD5 2002
>> > > How can I change the seal of the air vent?
>> > > thanks
>> > > Fred
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> > They are stick-on (self-adhesive)
>> >
>> > JAE000030 Vent Seal - Defender 6.46 inc VAT
>> >
>> >
>> > Richard
>> > --
>> > www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
>> > Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
>> > Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
>> > Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay

>>
>>

>
> --
> www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
> Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
> Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
> Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome