Alfie has another encounter... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2005, 16:01   #1 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Alfie has another encounter...

....of the Vauxhall Corsa kind. Front wing, indicator, valance and bonnet.
Opposite side to last time.

:-(

Only positive thing is I've not got around to painting him yet from the last
lot of pannels I put on.

Lee D

--

www.lrproject.com

Workshop photos from Landrover repairs
& other such tinkerings.
Home of Percy the Jag powered Landrover


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-06-2005, 17:01   #2 (permalink)
Nige
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Alfie has another encounter...

Lee_D wrote:
> ...of the Vauxhall Corsa kind. Front wing, indicator, valance and
> bonnet. Opposite side to last time.
>
> :-(
>


Bugger matey, third strike soon?

> Only positive thing is I've not got around to painting him yet from
> the last lot of pannels I put on.
>
>


Gotta take a positive froma negative I suppose!

Bollocks to it mate, go get yourself a MENTAL CD to sooth your nerves.

Kaiser Chiefs - Employment

Nige

--
Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:01   #3 (permalink)
Tom Woods
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Alfie has another encounter...

On Fri, 6 May 2005 22:39:19 +0100, "Lee_D"
<newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:

>...of the Vauxhall Corsa kind. Front wing, indicator, valance and bonnet.
>Opposite side to last time.


He must just attract the other cars or something! Maybe you should fit
some big solid bumpers for next time!


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:01   #4 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Alfie has another encounter...

"Nige" <nigel.inceFANNYFART@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:3e27fhFr7p2U1@individual.net...
> Lee_D wrote:
>> ...of the Vauxhall Corsa kind. Front wing, indicator, valance and
>> bonnet. Opposite side to last time.
>>
>> :-(
>>

>
> Bugger matey, third strike soon?


Well I'm going to Cosford Air show in June, guess which one I'm NOT going
in!

I refused to let it fluster me, lifes too short, fortnight ago I was whisked
from the Dr's to the Medical assesment Unit by Ambulance having a suspected
Heart attack. Kind of reprioritised a few things for me. I'm alright now but
it certainly gave me a new focus (on life - not the car!).

Lee D


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:01   #5 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Alfie has another encounter...

"Tom Woods" <tomarse_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:j12p71hq5hmlti0lm7ps4b1tecru5nvr2p@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 6 May 2005 22:39:19 +0100, "Lee_D"
> <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:
>
>>...of the Vauxhall Corsa kind. Front wing, indicator, valance and bonnet.
>>Opposite side to last time.

>
> He must just attract the other cars or something! Maybe you should fit
> some big solid bumpers for next time!



Yeah, Just glad it was none of the other I'd have been more upset if it was.
Was parked on the street while I was finishing the front of the 101's wheel
carrier in the entrance to the Garage. Lady that did it has reversed out of
the driveway a thousand times without problems..... until Alfie stopped for
a breather on the opposite side of the street. Was very appoligetic and
apart from the 'should pay more attention' it is easily done.

It was an 'Oh no!' moment. I'm begining to recognise the sound of crunching
Range rover.

Lee D


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:01   #6 (permalink)
Nige
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Alfie has another encounter...

Lee_D wrote:
> "Nige" <nigel.inceFANNYFART@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:3e27fhFr7p2U1@individual.net...
>> Lee_D wrote:
>>> ...of the Vauxhall Corsa kind. Front wing, indicator, valance and
>>> bonnet. Opposite side to last time.
>>>
>>> :-(
>>>

>>
>> Bugger matey, third strike soon?

>
> Well I'm going to Cosford Air show in June, guess which one I'm NOT
> going in!
>
> I refused to let it fluster me, lifes too short, fortnight ago I was
> whisked from the Dr's to the Medical assesment Unit by Ambulance
> having a suspected Heart attack. Kind of reprioritised a few things
> for me. I'm alright now but it certainly gave me a new focus (on life
> - not the car!).
> Lee D


You do right, sounds scary in a scary sort of way.

Nige

--
Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:01   #7 (permalink)
SiK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Alfie has another encounter...


"Lee_D" <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote in message
news:3e26g6FrucgU1@individual.net...
> ...of the Vauxhall Corsa kind. Front wing, indicator, valance and bonnet.
> Opposite side to last time.
>
> :-(
>
> Only positive thing is I've not got around to painting him yet from the
> last lot of pannels I put on.
>
> Lee D


you've really got to paint over that sign that says "aim here"

sorry to hear about your other troubles too - you need a project to focus on
and de-stress against ;-)

Si


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 06:01   #8 (permalink)
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Alfie has another encounter...

One of the reasons I drive such an old wreck, in that minor encounters do
make much difference, though the major ones still do unfortunatly.


--
Larry
Series 3 rust and holes


"Lee_D" <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote in message
news:3e26g6FrucgU1@individual.net...
> ...of the Vauxhall Corsa kind. Front wing, indicator, valance and bonnet.
> Opposite side to last time.
>
> :-(
>
> Only positive thing is I've not got around to painting him yet from the

last
> lot of pannels I put on.
>
> Lee D
>
> --
>
> www.lrproject.com
>
> Workshop photos from Landrover repairs
> & other such tinkerings.
> Home of Percy the Jag powered Landrover
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:29.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.