On-board dash clock - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2005, 19:01   #1 (permalink)
Ric Norris
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
On-board dash clock

Hello,

The light behind the clock doesn't work. Is this a simple thing to fix or
is it a trip to an auto electrician or worse still, Landrover....??? I
would hate to think the work-around is to replace the entire clock as I
daresay that would be an expensive exercise.

Same problem with the cigarette (or should I say cigar...!!!???)
lighter......it doesn't work at all. I don't use it for lighting-up....only
for the mobile phone.

All fuses are fine.

Many thanks in advance for any available advice.

Ric Norris.
Brisbane. Australia.

Discovery Series II TD5
http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-10-2005, 05:01   #2 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: On-board dash clock

On or around Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:24:04 GMT, "Ric Norris" <spam@nospam.com>
enlightened us thusly:

>Hello,
>
>The light behind the clock doesn't work. Is this a simple thing to fix or
>is it a trip to an auto electrician or worse still, Landrover....??? I
>would hate to think the work-around is to replace the entire clock as I
>daresay that would be an expensive exercise.
>
>Same problem with the cigarette (or should I say cigar...!!!???)
>lighter......it doesn't work at all. I don't use it for lighting-up....only
>for the mobile phone.
>
>All fuses are fine.
>
>Many thanks in advance for any available advice.
>


if it's like the earlier clocks, then the clock pulls out and there's a
little bulbholder in the back.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"Brevis esse laboro, Obscurus fio" (it is when I struggle to be
brief that I become obscure) Horace (65 - 8 BC) Ars Poetica, 25
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 06:02   #3 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: On-board dash clock

I used two small screwdrivers to ease the clock out, there are little tabs
that hold it in. Two credit cards should work as well.
Richard


"Ric Norris" <spam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:UAqUe.28231$FA3.9797@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Hello,
>
> The light behind the clock doesn't work. Is this a simple thing to fix or
> is it a trip to an auto electrician or worse still, Landrover....??? I
> would hate to think the work-around is to replace the entire clock as I
> daresay that would be an expensive exercise.
>
> Same problem with the cigarette (or should I say cigar...!!!???)
> lighter......it doesn't work at all. I don't use it for
> lighting-up....only for the mobile phone.
>
> All fuses are fine.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any available advice.
>
> Ric Norris.
> Brisbane. Australia.
>
> Discovery Series II TD5
> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:01   #4 (permalink)
Wolverine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: On-board dash clock


>"Richard" wrote in message...
>I used two small screwdrivers to ease the clock out, there are little tabs
>that hold it in. Two credit cards should work as well.
>Richard


We always have a couple of Credit Cards handy in the Landy don't we? Good
for nothing else when they're maxed out!
Wolverine


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:01   #5 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: On-board dash clock

you need two credit cards when you have to go to main dealer to get a new
clock and the trim youve broken !!!
Richard



"Wolverine" <ian@symonds1809.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:dg0o4i$o3b$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
>>"Richard" wrote in message...
>>I used two small screwdrivers to ease the clock out, there are little tabs
>>that hold it in. Two credit cards should work as well.
> >Richard

>
> We always have a couple of Credit Cards handy in the Landy don't we? Good
> for nothing else when they're maxed out!
> Wolverine
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:01   #6 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: On-board dash clock

so Richard was, like...
>> We always have a couple of Credit Cards handy in the Landy don't we?
>> Good for nothing else when they're maxed out!
>> Wolverine


Memo to self: repair dash clock before going to LRO show, then no excuse to
carry credit cards.

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:01   #7 (permalink)
Alex Threlfall
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: On-board dash clock

In article <UAqUe.28231$FA3.9797@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
spam@nospam.com says...
> Hello,
>
> The light behind the clock doesn't work. Is this a simple thing to fix or
> is it a trip to an auto electrician or worse still, Landrover....??? I
> would hate to think the work-around is to replace the entire clock as I
> daresay that would be an expensive exercise.
>
> Same problem with the cigarette (or should I say cigar...!!!???)
> lighter......it doesn't work at all. I don't use it for lighting-up....only
> for the mobile phone.
>
> All fuses are fine.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any available advice.
>
> Ric Norris.
> Brisbane. Australia.
>
> Discovery Series II TD5
> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings
>
>
>

Yes, a little bulb behind it, you can prise the clock out and take the
bulb down to your local halfords and it'll cost you about 1.99. Can't
remember the bulb model sadly, but they do sell them.
--
Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media
www.cyberprog.net
tel - 0870 446 0789
fax - 0870 446 1789
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 15:01   #8 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: On-board dash clock

They have Halfords in Oz?



"Alex Threlfall" <alex@nospam.cyberprog.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d8e753be9c81ae8989705@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk...
> In article <UAqUe.28231$FA3.9797@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> spam@nospam.com says...
>> Hello,
>>
>> The light behind the clock doesn't work. Is this a simple thing to fix
>> or
>> is it a trip to an auto electrician or worse still, Landrover....??? I
>> would hate to think the work-around is to replace the entire clock as I
>> daresay that would be an expensive exercise.
>>
>> Same problem with the cigarette (or should I say cigar...!!!???)
>> lighter......it doesn't work at all. I don't use it for
>> lighting-up....only
>> for the mobile phone.
>>
>> All fuses are fine.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance for any available advice.
>>
>> Ric Norris.
>> Brisbane. Australia.
>>
>> Discovery Series II TD5
>> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings
>>
>>
>>

> Yes, a little bulb behind it, you can prise the clock out and take the
> bulb down to your local halfords and it'll cost you about 1.99. Can't
> remember the bulb model sadly, but they do sell them.
> --
> Alex Threlfall
> Cyberprog New Media
> www.cyberprog.net
> tel - 0870 446 0789
> fax - 0870 446 1789



  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 16:02   #9 (permalink)
Alex Threlfall
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: On-board dash clock

In article <Zb1Ve.50929$2n6.28490@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
NO.SPAM@AT.NOSPAM.co.uk says...
> They have Halfords in Oz?
>
>
>
> "Alex Threlfall" <alex@nospam.cyberprog.net> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1d8e753be9c81ae8989705@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > In article <UAqUe.28231$FA3.9797@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> > spam@nospam.com says...
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> The light behind the clock doesn't work. Is this a simple thing to fix
> >> or
> >> is it a trip to an auto electrician or worse still, Landrover....??? I
> >> would hate to think the work-around is to replace the entire clock as I
> >> daresay that would be an expensive exercise.
> >>
> >> Same problem with the cigarette (or should I say cigar...!!!???)
> >> lighter......it doesn't work at all. I don't use it for
> >> lighting-up....only
> >> for the mobile phone.
> >>
> >> All fuses are fine.
> >>
> >> Many thanks in advance for any available advice.
> >>
> >> Ric Norris.
> >> Brisbane. Australia.
> >>
> >> Discovery Series II TD5
> >> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings
> >>
> >>
> >>

> > Yes, a little bulb behind it, you can prise the clock out and take the
> > bulb down to your local halfords and it'll cost you about 1.99. Can't
> > remember the bulb model sadly, but they do sell them.
> > --
> > Alex Threlfall
> > Cyberprog New Media
> > www.cyberprog.net
> > tel - 0870 446 0789
> > fax - 0870 446 1789

>
>
>

Whoops :) Hrm, dunno then!
--
Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media
www.cyberprog.net
tel - 0870 446 0789
fax - 0870 446 1789
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 16:02   #10 (permalink)
Ric Norris
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: On-board dash clock

Nope....sounds like a good name for a beer though....!!!! A "pint of
Halfords please" has a certain flavour to it....!!!

I will attack the clock today, although a couple of posts don't instill a
great deal of confidence....!!! Nothing like a challenge particularly when
credit cards are involved.

Cheers.

Ric Norris.
Brisbane. Australia.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings


"Richard" <NO.SPAM@AT.NOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
news:Zb1Ve.50929$2n6.28490@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> They have Halfords in Oz?
>
>
>
> "Alex Threlfall" <alex@nospam.cyberprog.net> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1d8e753be9c81ae8989705@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> In article <UAqUe.28231$FA3.9797@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
>> spam@nospam.com says...
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The light behind the clock doesn't work. Is this a simple thing to fix
>>> or
>>> is it a trip to an auto electrician or worse still, Landrover....??? I
>>> would hate to think the work-around is to replace the entire clock as I
>>> daresay that would be an expensive exercise.
>>>
>>> Same problem with the cigarette (or should I say cigar...!!!???)
>>> lighter......it doesn't work at all. I don't use it for
>>> lighting-up....only
>>> for the mobile phone.
>>>
>>> All fuses are fine.
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance for any available advice.
>>>
>>> Ric Norris.
>>> Brisbane. Australia.
>>>
>>> Discovery Series II TD5
>>> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings
>>>
>>>
>>>

>> Yes, a little bulb behind it, you can prise the clock out and take the
>> bulb down to your local halfords and it'll cost you about 1.99. Can't
>> remember the bulb model sadly, but they do sell them.
>> --
>> Alex Threlfall
>> Cyberprog New Media
>> www.cyberprog.net
>> tel - 0870 446 0789
>> fax - 0870 446 1789

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.