cam belt - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-05, 03:01 AM
mogg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
cam belt

Hi
new to this, can anybody tell me the price I should expect to pay for a
cam belt change on a 300 tdi defender from a non-franchise LR specialist?

Defender 90 CSW 300tdi
2 inch lift
snorkel
scorpion bumper
33x12.50x15





 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-05, 04:01 AM
Pieter Vroom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: cam belt

Hi,

I paid 120 2 years ago (this was on a 200Tdi).

Pieter


"mogg" <eddie.morgan@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:d9dqm2$b9k$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Hi
> new to this, can anybody tell me the price I should expect to pay for a
> cam belt change on a 300 tdi defender from a non-franchise LR specialist?
>
> Defender 90 CSW 300tdi
> 2 inch lift
> snorkel
> scorpion bumper
> 33x12.50x15
>
>
>



 
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-05, 08:02 AM
davepseudonym@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: cam belt



mogg wrote:
> Hi
> new to this, can anybody tell me the price I should expect to pay fora
> cam belt change on a 300 tdi defender from a non-franchise LR specialist?
>
> Defender 90 CSW 300tdi
> 2 inch lift
> snorkel
> scorpion bumper
> 33x12.50x15


Famour Four are quoting 143.94 all in.

http://www.famousfour.co.uk/wshop/wshop_defender.html

HTH

DaveP

 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-05, 09:01 AM
Hirsty's
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: cam belt

Depends where you are. Roberts Country Vehicles East Paeckham last year
196 110 300 Tdi 1997/8
<davepseudonym@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1119533236.597294.66380@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...


mogg wrote:
> Hi
> new to this, can anybody tell me the price I should expect to pay for

a
> cam belt change on a 300 tdi defender from a non-franchise LR specialist?
>
> Defender 90 CSW 300tdi
> 2 inch lift
> snorkel
> scorpion bumper
> 33x12.50x15


Famour Four are quoting 143.94 all in.

http://www.famousfour.co.uk/wshop/wshop_defender.html

HTH

DaveP


 
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-05, 11:02 AM
Steve Taylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: cam belt

Hirsty's wrote:
> Depends where you are. Roberts Country Vehicles East Paeckham last year
> 196 110 300 Tdi 1997/8


Whats the trick anyway ? Just a big enough spanner to get the crank
pulley off ?

Steve
 
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-05, 12:01 PM
Hirsty's
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: cam belt

Don't get the belt out of alignment and take care torquing up the bolts for
the cover, apparently wrong torque factors cause many of the stripped belts.


"Steve Taylor" <steve@thetaylorfamily.org.uk> wrote in message
news:42bad65b$0$14088$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
> Hirsty's wrote:
> > Depends where you are. Roberts Country Vehicles East Paeckham last

year
> > 196 110 300 Tdi 1997/8

>
> Whats the trick anyway ? Just a big enough spanner to get the crank
> pulley off ?
>
> Steve



 
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-05, 07:01 AM
Brian Tonks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: cam belt

We charge 150 inc parts and VAT
If you need the pully upgrade it cost's another 50ish for parts.

Regards

Brian Tonks
Tonks4x4
27-29 Main Street
Huthwaite
Sutton-In-Ashfield
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2LD
01623 452885

http://www.tonks4x4.com



"Hirsty's" <magnum.458@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:G%Bue.2057$%O1.28@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> Don't get the belt out of alignment and take care torquing up the bolts

for
> the cover, apparently wrong torque factors cause many of the stripped

belts.
>
>
> "Steve Taylor" <steve@thetaylorfamily.org.uk> wrote in message
> news:42bad65b$0$14088$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
> > Hirsty's wrote:
> > > Depends where you are. Roberts Country Vehicles East Paeckham last

> year
> > > 196 110 300 Tdi 1997/8

> >
> > Whats the trick anyway ? Just a big enough spanner to get the crank
> > pulley off ?
> >
> > Steve

>
>



 
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-05, 07:01 AM
dewils80
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: cam belt


I was told (by a garage) that you are supposed to replace all the
pulleys...etc. They said the kit for this was about 300 to purchase
and there would be labour on top of that.

Now, I know these people well, so I doubt they were trying to scare
me into parting with the cash.

Is there any truth in this?


--
dewils80
------------------------------------------------------------------------
dewils80's Profile: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/member.php?userid=1109
View this thread: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/showthread.php?t=23567

 
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-05, 08:01 AM
Steve Taylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: cam belt

dewils80 wrote:
> I was told (by a garage) that you are supposed to replace all the
> pulleys...etc. They said the kit for this was about 300 to purchase
> and there would be labour on top of that.
>
> Now, I know these people well, so I doubt they were trying to scare
> me into parting with the cash.


Its a possibility it MIGHT need new tensioner pulleys, but that should
be down to the mechanic to decide - certainly in the 200Tdi rebuild I am
doing, the 120,000 mile engine I have is getting its old tensioners
back - there is no sign of wear.

If someone else were paying, hell I'd change the lot....

Steve
 
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-05, 11:01 AM
Brian Tonks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: cam belt

On the original recall sheet I belive they also suggested that you change
the front cover housing ect. But in practise we have never had to and there
has not been a problem in doing it this way.


Regards

Brian Tonks
Tonks4x4
27-29 Main Street
Huthwaite
Sutton-In-Ashfield
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2LD
01623 452885

http://www.tonks4x4.com


"dewils80" <dewils80.1r4sgz@raggamuffinlandyzone.co.uk> wrote in message
news:dewils80.1r4sgz@raggamuffinlandyzone.co.uk...
>
> I was told (by a garage) that you are supposed to replace all the
> pulleys...etc. They said the kit for this was about 300 to purchase
> and there would be labour on top of that.
>
> Now, I know these people well, so I doubt they were trying to scare
> me into parting with the cash.
>
> Is there any truth in this?
>
>
> --
> dewils80
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> dewils80's Profile: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/member.php?userid=1109
> View this thread: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/showthread.php?t=23567
>



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome