Cheapest mail order BFG's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2005, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
StaffBull
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cheapest mail order BFG's


Anyone know of a cheap mail order place for BFG AT's?, looking for something
a bit bigger than the standard 235/70/16 ( I think) that's on there at the
moment to fill the 2" lift I put on.
Are there 245/75/16's ?

Everyone around here (Anglesey) are quoting daft money all 400 +

cheers


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2005, 15:01   #2 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cheapest mail order BFG's

"StaffBull" <StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote in message
news:d3bus7$g3e$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> Anyone know of a cheap mail order place for BFG AT's?, looking for
> something a bit bigger than the standard 235/70/16 ( I think) that's on
> there at the moment to fill the 2" lift I put on.
> Are there 245/75/16's ?
>
> Everyone around here (Anglesey) are quoting daft money all 400 +
>
> cheers
>


Try Bronco... quick google should throw them up.

Lee D


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 15:01   #3 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cheapest mail order BFG's

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:30:25 +0100, "StaffBull"
<StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote:

>
>Anyone know of a cheap mail order place for BFG AT's?, looking for something
>a bit bigger than the standard 235/70/16 ( I think) that's on there at the
>moment to fill the 2" lift I put on.
> Are there 245/75/16's ?
>
>Everyone around here (Anglesey) are quoting daft money all 400 +
>
>cheers
>


I got my last tyres (colway remoulds) from www.tyresdirect.uk.com they
were the cheapest after alot of looking around and delivered next day
from durham to cornwall.

You could go from 235/70 to 235/85, same width but taller .
or 265/75 which are 3cm wider and 34mm taller.
I don't know about the american sizing system though.


Regards.
Mark.
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
charity calendar project -
http://www.4x4info.info/calendar/
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 15:01   #4 (permalink)
StaffBull
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cheapest mail order BFG's

Cheers, will try em out! - the V8 needs "new shoes" and after today i only
have one Disco to cater for, the 300Tdi has been sold :-( , but sense and
space on the drive says it had to - thoroughly reliable, never put a beat
wrong, and I'm keeping the V8 - I must be mad!! but the ES spec and the V8
make it addictive!!
plenty of room now for the MR2 Turbo I bought off Ebay at the w/e . Mind
you I suppose I could have parked it UNDER the V8 :-)



"Lee_D" <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote in message
news:3bteb0F6lavs6U1@individual.net...
> "StaffBull" <StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote in message
> news:d3bus7$g3e$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>
>> Anyone know of a cheap mail order place for BFG AT's?, looking for
>> something a bit bigger than the standard 235/70/16 ( I think) that's on
>> there at the moment to fill the 2" lift I put on.
>> Are there 245/75/16's ?
>>
>> Everyone around here (Anglesey) are quoting daft money all 400 +
>>
>> cheers
>>

>
> Try Bronco... quick google should throw them up.
>
> Lee D
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Tim Hobbs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cheapest mail order BFG's

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:30:25 +0100, "StaffBull"
<StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote:

>
>Anyone know of a cheap mail order place for BFG AT's?, looking for something
>a bit bigger than the standard 235/70/16 ( I think) that's on there at the
>moment to fill the 2" lift I put on.
> Are there 245/75/16's ?
>
>Everyone around here (Anglesey) are quoting daft money all 400 +
>
>cheers
>


Don't know if they are cheapest, but give Nene Valley Offroad a call.
They have always done me very good deals and really know their stuff.

I had an interesting problem with getting alloys on a Series axle and
they went more than the extra mile to help, and voluntarily slapped a
juicy discount on when I would clearly have been happy to pay vastly
over the odds due to the situation I was in.
--

Tim Hobbs

'58 Series 2 88" aka "Stig"
'77 101FC Ambulance aka "Burrt"
'03 Volvo V70

My Landies? http://www.seriesii.co.uk
Barcoding? http://www.bartec-systems.com
Tony Luckwill web archive at http://www.luckwill.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 15:01   #6 (permalink)
StaffBull
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cheapest mail order BFG's

Cheers, will try them as well - they are about 5 miles from where I bought
the V8 Disco from!!


"Tim Hobbs" <tim@101ambulance-urine.net> wrote in message
news:i92j51lvjhq99rs212fn5md2lhqcs4216e@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:30:25 +0100, "StaffBull"
> <StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote:
>
>>
>>Anyone know of a cheap mail order place for BFG AT's?, looking for
>>something
>>a bit bigger than the standard 235/70/16 ( I think) that's on there at the
>>moment to fill the 2" lift I put on.
>> Are there 245/75/16's ?
>>
>>Everyone around here (Anglesey) are quoting daft money all 400 +
>>
>>cheers
>>

>
> Don't know if they are cheapest, but give Nene Valley Offroad a call.
> They have always done me very good deals and really know their stuff.
>
> I had an interesting problem with getting alloys on a Series axle and
> they went more than the extra mile to help, and voluntarily slapped a
> juicy discount on when I would clearly have been happy to pay vastly
> over the odds due to the situation I was in.
> --
>
> Tim Hobbs
>
> '58 Series 2 88" aka "Stig"
> '77 101FC Ambulance aka "Burrt"
> '03 Volvo V70
>
> My Landies? http://www.seriesii.co.uk
> Barcoding? http://www.bartec-systems.com
> Tony Luckwill web archive at http://www.luckwill.com



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 13:01   #7 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cheapest mail order BFG's

So Tim Hobbs was, like

> >

> Don't know if they are cheapest, but give Nene Valley Offroad a call.
> They have always done me very good deals and really know their stuff.


Seconded. I've had two sets of wheels & tyres off them now, and the service
is A1.

245/70s on the RR - nearest size to standard 255/65 that BFG do. From ATS,
when BFG were doing a "buy one, get one half-price" deal - 4 for the price
of 3. Still worked out at about 380 squid, though.



--

Rich

Pas d'elle yeux Rhone que nous


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 15:02   #8 (permalink)
StaffBull
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cheapest mail order BFG's

Don't suppose the deals still going? 380 fitted I can live with


"Richard Brookman" <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:3bvub0F6mdjucU1@individual.net...
> So Tim Hobbs was, like
>
>> >

>> Don't know if they are cheapest, but give Nene Valley Offroad a call.
>> They have always done me very good deals and really know their stuff.

>
> Seconded. I've had two sets of wheels & tyres off them now, and the
> service is A1.
>
> 245/70s on the RR - nearest size to standard 255/65 that BFG do. From
> ATS, when BFG were doing a "buy one, get one half-price" deal - 4 for the
> price of 3. Still worked out at about 380 squid, though.
>
>
>
> --
>
> Rich
>
> Pas d'elle yeux Rhone que nous
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 14:02   #9 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cheapest mail order BFG's

So StaffBull was, like

> Don't suppose the deals still going? 380 fitted I can live with
>
>
> "Richard Brookman" <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:3bvub0F6mdjucU1@individual.net...
>> So Tim Hobbs was, like
>>
>>>>
>>> Don't know if they are cheapest, but give Nene Valley Offroad a
>>> call. They have always done me very good deals and really know
>>> their stuff.

>>
>> Seconded. I've had two sets of wheels & tyres off them now, and the
>> service is A1.
>>
>> 245/70s on the RR - nearest size to standard 255/65 that BFG do. From
>> ATS, when BFG were doing a "buy one, get one half-price" deal -
>> 4 for the price of 3. Still worked out at about 380 squid, though.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Rich
>>
>> Pas d'elle yeux Rhone que nous


Doubt it - this was two years ago. Ask around, though - there might be
something similar in the pipeline.

--

Rich

Pas d'elle yeux Rhone que nous


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 14:02   #10 (permalink)
StaffBull
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cheapest mail order BFG's

Jobs agood un' - or will be by the weekend!

local discount tyre place had two 245/75/16 BFG AT sitting ,as a guy had
not come back to have them fitted - mine for 90 each inc vat and fitting -
he could not get anymore so I bought two from NeneOverland at 217
delivered. Local place is going to fit em all at the 180, so a tad under
400 - still cheaper than anywhere else local by at least 100!!

Wehee! new shoes for the beast!



"StaffBull" <StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote in message
news:d3bus7$g3e$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> Anyone know of a cheap mail order place for BFG AT's?, looking for
> something a bit bigger than the standard 235/70/16 ( I think) that's on
> there at the moment to fill the 2" lift I put on.
> Are there 245/75/16's ?
>
> Everyone around here (Anglesey) are quoting daft money all 400 +
>
> cheers
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:00.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.