Cuthbertson Conversion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2005, 10:02   #1 (permalink)
Archie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cuthbertson Conversion

Does anyone have any photos or 3-views of any of the Cuthhbertson
conversions? These are needed for a scratchbuilt model in 1/87 scale.
Many thanks.

Archie.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-24-2005, 11:01   #2 (permalink)
Dougal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cuthbertson Conversion

Archie wrote:

> Does anyone have any photos or 3-views of any of the Cuthhbertson
> conversions? These are needed for a scratchbuilt model in 1/87 scale.
> Many thanks.
>
> Archie.


Have you seen these?

http://www.4wdonline.com/LandRover/S...thbertson.html

http://anzacsteel.hobbyvista.com/oth...rwbphph_13.jpg

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~lloyd...hbertson-s.jpg

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/L...thbertson.html

If you want to see one in the flesh, there used to be one at Lix Toll
Garage, Killin. (http://www.lixtoll.com/index.html)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 14:02   #3 (permalink)
Colonel Tupperware
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cuthbertson Conversion

On 24 Jul 2005 08:59:09 -0700, "Archie" <mando@fsmail.net> wrote:

>Does anyone have any photos or 3-views of any of the Cuthhbertson
>conversions? These are needed for a scratchbuilt model in 1/87 scale.
>Many thanks.
>

There are some on here.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1348484
Taken at some godforsaken porridgewoggian filling station in the
middle of nowhere.
--
ColonelTupperware,
spouting bollocks on Usenet since 1997
Usenet FAQ at
http://www.its.caltech.edu/its/servi...ws/news2.shtml
UPCE FAQ at http://upce.org.uk/ UKRM FAQ at http://www.ukrm.net/faq/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 15:01   #4 (permalink)
Dougal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cuthbertson Conversion

Colonel Tupperware wrote:

> On 24 Jul 2005 08:59:09 -0700, "Archie" <mando@fsmail.net> wrote:
>
>
>>Does anyone have any photos or 3-views of any of the Cuthhbertson
>>conversions? These are needed for a scratchbuilt model in 1/87 scale.
>>Many thanks.
>>

>
> There are some on here.
> http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1348484
> Taken at some godforsaken porridgewoggian filling station in the
> middle of nowhere.


That's Lix Toll.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Robin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cuthbertson Conversion


"Dougal" <DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
news:6Y-dnbbWiovZWH7fRVnyjA@eclipse.net.uk...
> If you want to see one in the flesh, there used to be one at Lix Toll
> Garage, Killin. (http://www.lixtoll.com/index.html)


it is still there.. I saw it 2 weeks ago!.

Robin


  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 16:01   #6 (permalink)
Alex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: Cuthbertson Conversion

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:43:44 +0100, Dougal
<DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Archie wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any photos or 3-views of any of the Cuthhbertson
>> conversions? These are needed for a scratchbuilt model in 1/87 scale.
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Archie.


If you get hold of the DVD "Landrovers Across Britain" there is a clip
of one being driven about.

Alex
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 16:01   #7 (permalink)
PDannyD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cuthbertson Conversion

On Sunday 24 July 2005 22:28, Robin(me@nowhadvertisementtn message
<42e40816$0$2208$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk>

>
> "Dougal" <DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:6Y-dnbbWiovZWH7fRVnyjA@eclipse.net.uk...
>> If you want to see one in the flesh, there used to be one at Lix Toll
>> Garage, Killin. (http://www.lixtoll.com/index.html)

>
> it is still there.. I saw it 2 weeks ago!.


It has been there for years - quite a good advertisement for the garage.
There's also a Forest Rover there too and several heavy recovery vehicles.

--
2001 FZS600 - Silver/Black
1974 SIII Land Rover - Hardtop 2.25 Petrol, Green
1954 Ford 100E Prefect - Black
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:01   #8 (permalink)
Colonel Tupperware
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cuthbertson Conversion

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:21:00 +0100, Dougal
<DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Colonel Tupperware wrote:
>
>> On 24 Jul 2005 08:59:09 -0700, "Archie" <mando@fsmail.net> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Does anyone have any photos or 3-views of any of the Cuthhbertson
>>>conversions? These are needed for a scratchbuilt model in 1/87 scale.
>>>Many thanks.
>>>

>>
>> There are some on here.
>> http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1348484
>> Taken at some godforsaken porridgewoggian filling station in the
>> middle of nowhere.

>
>That's Lix Toll.


I'm Glad you recognised it from the description ;-)
--
ColonelTupperware,
spouting bollocks on Usenet since 1997
Usenet FAQ at
http://www.its.caltech.edu/its/servi...ws/news2.shtml
UPCE FAQ at http://upce.org.uk/ UKRM FAQ at http://www.ukrm.net/faq/
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:15.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.