Defender 110 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2006, 12:01   #1 (permalink)
Brad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Defender 110

Hi

I'm having problems with a defender 110 1999. When the alarm system is armed
the indicators should flash 3 times, instead I have the horn firing off
twice!! I've checked whether any doors or windows are open but this doesn't
seem to be the problem. Could anyone offer some advice.

Thanks


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2006, 12:01   #2 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Defender 110

On or around Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:02:48 -0000, "Brad" <nospam@hotmail.com>
enlightened us thusly:

>Hi
>
>I'm having problems with a defender 110 1999. When the alarm system is armed
>the indicators should flash 3 times, instead I have the horn firing off
>twice!! I've checked whether any doors or windows are open but this doesn't
>seem to be the problem. Could anyone offer some advice.


flat battery in the remote?


--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"Something there is that doesn't love a wall."
Robert Frost (1874-1963)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
Uli
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Defender 110

Austin,

You have a mis-lock. One of the little levers in the doors is not getting
depressed properly. It is usually the one under the bonnet.
You can find the culprit by manually pressing each one in turn, while all
other doors are closed, until you get your 3 flashes.

Uli


"Austin Shackles" <austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote in message
news:b7nas1968in09v3hmne3t6r3352i53j6c5@4ax.com...
> On or around Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:02:48 -0000, "Brad" <nospam@hotmail.com>
> enlightened us thusly:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I'm having problems with a defender 110 1999. When the alarm system is
>>armed
>>the indicators should flash 3 times, instead I have the horn firing off
>>twice!! I've checked whether any doors or windows are open but this
>>doesn't
>>seem to be the problem. Could anyone offer some advice.

>
> flat battery in the remote?
>
>
> --
> Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
> "Something there is that doesn't love a wall."
> Robert Frost (1874-1963)



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:01   #4 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Defender 110

On or around Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:16:16 +0200, "Uli" <uli@iafrica.com>
enlightened us thusly:

>Austin,
>
>You have a mis-lock. One of the little levers in the doors is not getting
>depressed properly. It is usually the one under the bonnet.
>You can find the culprit by manually pressing each one in turn, while all
>other doors are closed, until you get your 3 flashes.


not me, in this case...

if it does, it's better than the 1995 disco locking/alarm system, which on
ours, when the driver's door fails to lock electrically, just happily arms
the system and leaves the driver's door unlocked, so that if you don't
notice you walk off leaving the vehicle unlocked. Admittedly, if you open
the door, the alarm goes off. But that wouldn't stop opportunist tea-leaves
grabbing anything loose inside and legging it.

I think the door lock/linkage is stiff - it locks OK with the key in the
door.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"There is plenty of time to win this game, and to thrash the Spaniards
too" Sir Francis Drake (1540? - 1596) Attr. saying when the Armarda was
sighted, 20th July 1588
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:01   #5 (permalink)
NW
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Defender 110


"Austin Shackles" <austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote in message
news:vabcs1dbkben00ts0eu07prbj0v052fg9j@4ax.com...
> On or around Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:16:16 +0200, "Uli" <uli@iafrica.com>
> enlightened us thusly:
>
>>Austin,
>>
>>You have a mis-lock. One of the little levers in the doors is not getting
>>depressed properly. It is usually the one under the bonnet.
>>You can find the culprit by manually pressing each one in turn, while all
>>other doors are closed, until you get your 3 flashes.

>
> not me, in this case...


>snip


I would go for the mis-lock theory too. This has happened to me several
times when I've been getting out and inadvertantly pressed the "arm" button
on the key fob. Because the driver's door is open (i.e. vehicle not secure)
the horn sounds twice. The first time I did not realise what had happened
and thought I must have pressed the horn button by mistake while fumbling
around, so I carried on, locked the driver's door and went away. When I let
myself back in, the alarm went off. Nice and loud it is too. I have the
model without central locking as well and it seems that it is clever enough
to warn you, assuming all switches working correctly, that something is not
closed properly.

Nick
110 CSW TD5
109 Series 3
88 Series1
If the Land Rover is so versatile, why do I crave so many?


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 13:02   #6 (permalink)
mogg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Defender 110

hi
this happened with my Def 90 as well as a few other problems which looked
like immobiliser problems. All fixed by a new battery.

Def 90 with bits on


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:34.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.