Discovery ll forward facing rear seat - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2005, 01:16   #1 (permalink)
Nikki Cluley
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

One of the forward facing seats in the new Discovery is stuck.
Can't get the back to lift up. Any ideas on problem and how to cure it?
Thanks


--
Nikki

1990 Discovery V8i
1985 Range Rover V8
1975 88" Series III 2.25 petrol
1979 Series III Lightweight 2.25 petrol

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2005, 01:16   #2 (permalink)
Mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

Hi,
I get the same problem.
The rear will not lift until the bottom section is correctly interlocked
into the floor.
I find repeated slamming it down into the floor latch eventually allows the
back up ok.

Mark
2001 DiscoveryII TD5 7 seat


"Nikki Cluley" <nikki.cluley@ntlorld.com> wrote in message
news:BE635E0B.15FF3%nikki.cluley@ntlorld.com...
> One of the forward facing seats in the new Discovery is stuck.
> Can't get the back to lift up. Any ideas on problem and how to cure it?
> Thanks
>
>
> --
> Nikki
>
> 1990 Discovery V8i
> 1985 Range Rover V8
> 1975 88" Series III 2.25 petrol
> 1979 Series III Lightweight 2.25 petrol
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:16   #3 (permalink)
Peter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

In message <423dbb06$0$26721$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, Mark
<g0ojb@hotmail.com> writes
>Hi,
>I get the same problem.
>The rear will not lift until the bottom section is correctly interlocked
>into the floor.
>I find repeated slamming it down into the floor latch eventually allows the
>back up ok.


In addition to the latch into the floor, underneath the front of each
seat there is a sort of leg (I haven't gone outside to check exactly
what it looks like) that rests on the floor. If this cannot sit right
down, typically due to a rubber mat being on top of the carpet, it can
make it difficult to lift up or fold the backrest. Get someone to apply
weight to the front edge of the seat and it should work OK.

If you have a rubber mat and want to use it when these seats are in use,
it might be advisable to cut holes in the mat to accommodate the legs.
--
Peter

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:17   #4 (permalink)
Dave Liquorice
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:03:47 -0000, Mark wrote:

> I get the same problem.


Me too... B-(

> The rear will not lift until the bottom section is correctly
> interlocked into the floor. I find repeated slamming it down into
> the floor latch eventually allows the back up ok.


I find I get a better success at the interlock being defeated if I
ensure that the twist grip thingy is fully loose and that the second
hinge in the mounting is straight before slamming it into the floor.

--
Cheers new5pam@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:17   #5 (permalink)
Nikki Cluley
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

in article nyyfbegfubjuvyypbz.idolrv0.pminews@news.howhill.com, Dave
Liquorice at new5pam@howhill.com wrote on 20/3/05 10:02 pm:

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:03:47 -0000, Mark wrote:
>
>> I get the same problem.

>
> Me too... B-(
>
>> The rear will not lift until the bottom section is correctly
>> interlocked into the floor. I find repeated slamming it down into
>> the floor latch eventually allows the back up ok.

>
> I find I get a better success at the interlock being defeated if I
> ensure that the twist grip thingy is fully loose and that the second
> hinge in the mounting is straight before slamming it into the floor.


Thanks for the replies. Will get Bruce to go and have a look tomorrow. Got
to separate the kids a bit. It was all out war in the back seat when we
went out earlier.
--
Nikki

2000 Discovery V8i
1990 Discovery V8i
1985 Range Rover V8 - FOR SALE
1979 Series III Lightweight 2.25 petrol

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:01   #6 (permalink)
Dave Liquorice
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:09:24 +0000, Nikki Cluley wrote:

> Got to separate the kids a bit. It was all out war in the back seat
> when we went out earlier.


He he. BTW Using the jump seats may stop the war on the back seat(*)
but it just moves it to outside the car. About who gets to ride in the
back. BTDTGTTS...

(*) Only may, because the one in the back can attack the one in the
front with little fear of the one in the front being able to
retaliate. Though if you arrange opposite sides that is harder.

--
Cheers new5pam@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:01   #7 (permalink)
Martin Coombs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

Have you made sure the base is pushed firmly into the floor?
They will not lift until the base is securely latched.
I sometimes have to fold my set to the side and try again.

Martin
"Nikki Cluley" <nikki.cluley@ntlorld.com> wrote in message
news:BE635E0B.15FF3%nikki.cluley@ntlorld.com...
> One of the forward facing seats in the new Discovery is stuck.
> Can't get the back to lift up. Any ideas on problem and how to cure it?
> Thanks
>
>
> --
> Nikki
>
> 1990 Discovery V8i
> 1985 Range Rover V8
> 1975 88" Series III 2.25 petrol
> 1979 Series III Lightweight 2.25 petrol
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 17:01   #8 (permalink)
Nikki Cluley
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

in article nyyfbegfubjuvyypbz.idpk0l2.pminews@news.howhill.com, Dave
Liquorice at new5pam@howhill.com wrote on 21/3/05 10:21 am:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:09:24 +0000, Nikki Cluley wrote:
>
>> Got to separate the kids a bit. It was all out war in the back seat
>> when we went out earlier.

>
> He he. BTW Using the jump seats may stop the war on the back seat(*)
> but it just moves it to outside the car. About who gets to ride in the
> back. BTDTGTTS...
>
> (*) Only may, because the one in the back can attack the one in the
> front with little fear of the one in the front being able to
> retaliate. Though if you arrange opposite sides that is harder.



Thanks for that! Still can't get the back to go up. Had a look at the
working one and think there may be a cable not attached or stretched. Bruce
is going to take it apart tomorrow as we didn't have time today. Took them
to Twin Lakes at Melton Mowbray instead, in an effort to wear them
out...didn't work. Three of them still awake at 11.30pm.


--
Nikki

2000 Discovery V8i
1990 Discovery V8i
1985 Range Rover V8 - FOR SALE
1979 Series III Lightweight 2.25 petrol

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 17:01   #9 (permalink)
Nikki Cluley
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

in article d1mcnm$gj7$1@hercules.btinternet.com, Martin Coombs at
martin.coombs@dcgd.co.uk wrote on 21/3/05 11:55 am:

> Have you made sure the base is pushed firmly into the floor?
> They will not lift until the base is securely latched.
> I sometimes have to fold my set to the side and try again.


Tried it this morning, but on the way out, so didn't really investigate that
much. Bruce is going to have a look at it tomorrow morning.
--
Nikki

2000 Discovery V8i
1990 Discovery V8i
1985 Range Rover V8 - FOR SALE
1979 Series III Lightweight 2.25 petrol

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:01   #10 (permalink)
Marc Draper
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

In message <BE651526.1617A%nikki.cluley@ntlorld.com>, Nikki Cluley
<nikki.cluley@ntlorld.com> writes
>in article d1mcnm$gj7$1@hercules.btinternet.com, Martin Coombs at
>martin.coombs@dcgd.co.uk wrote on 21/3/05 11:55 am:
>
>> Have you made sure the base is pushed firmly into the floor?
>> They will not lift until the base is securely latched.
>> I sometimes have to fold my set to the side and try again.

>
>Tried it this morning, but on the way out, so didn't really investigate that
>much. Bruce is going to have a look at it tomorrow morning.



Sometimes Nikki you really have to slam then very hard in to the floor
catch
--
Marc Draper
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:58.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.