DVLA colours - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2005, 03:01   #1 (permalink)
Adrian Ford
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
DVLA colours

Sent my log book to DVLA to notify a change in the colour of my Landrover
from green to Limestone.
Guess what colour it said on the Logbook when it returned?
Yes! Grey .

Sent it back today and filled in 'cream' as the new colour just wondering
what I'll get back. Maybe Red.......

Adrian Ford


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-22-2005, 06:01   #2 (permalink)
Jeff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DVLA colours


"Adrian Ford" <ford@adrian131.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:dec5id$qtj$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Sent my log book to DVLA to notify a change in the colour of my Landrover
> from green to Limestone.
> Guess what colour it said on the Logbook when it returned?
> Yes! Grey .


Well what other colour is limestone??

I expect the poor girl at the DVLA has been told not to use proprietary
names just proper colours, and grey is the colour of limestone.

Jeff


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:02   #3 (permalink)
Alex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DVLA colours

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:21:13 +0100, "Adrian Ford"
<ford@adrian131.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Sent my log book to DVLA to notify a change in the colour of my Landrover
>from green to Limestone.
>Guess what colour it said on the Logbook when it returned?
>Yes! Grey .
>
>Sent it back today and filled in 'cream' as the new colour just wondering
>what I'll get back. Maybe Red.......
>


Well, you've had more luck than i did on a recent one, it took three
attempts to get them to change the engine size on my logbook. I sent
it back in the end with the change circled in big red marked pen with
the new details in 1" letters.

Alex

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:01   #4 (permalink)
Tom Woods
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DVLA colours

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:46:59 GMT, Alex <nospam.alex@cbmsys.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:21:13 +0100, "Adrian Ford"
><ford@adrian131.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Sent my log book to DVLA to notify a change in the colour of my Landrover
>>from green to Limestone.
>>Guess what colour it said on the Logbook when it returned?
>>Yes! Grey .
>>
>>Sent it back today and filled in 'cream' as the new colour just wondering
>>what I'll get back. Maybe Red.......
>>

>
>Well, you've had more luck than i did on a recent one, it took three
>attempts to get them to change the engine size on my logbook. I sent
>it back in the end with the change circled in big red marked pen with
>the new details in 1" letters.


I recently sent back the V5 for a car which i have scrapped (as in
personally broken).

A couple of weeks later i got back a 'thankyou for letting us know you
have scrapped or transferred this vehicle' letter - but for the wrong
bloody car! (theyve chosen one of my SORNed cars instead)

I still havent got round to writing to them.

The DVLA are really crap!


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:01   #5 (permalink)
Dom J
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DVLA colours



"Adrian Ford" <ford@adrian131.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:dec5id$qtj$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> Sent my log book to DVLA to notify a change in the colour of my Landrover
> from green to Limestone.
> Guess what colour it said on the Logbook when it returned?
> Yes! Grey .
>
> Sent it back today and filled in 'cream' as the new colour just wondering
> what I'll get back. Maybe Red.......
>
> Adrian Ford


Hmmm i had a problem like this with them. When i bought the Disco it
had 'Disabled' in the taxation class. So off i went to my local DVLA office
to change it. Made the mistake of going at lunch time and at the end of a
month, it took 2 hours to get to the counter, told the bloke what i wanted
to do, watched him write 'PLG' in the new taxation class and entered my
details as the new owner. That was that....or so i thought.
New V5C turns up and guess what the taxation class was, yep bloody
'Disabled' still!!!!. Not a happy bunny i started to ring up the DVLA.
finally got through and explained my problem. I was then told that local
office had not told head office that i was changing taxation
class....arghhhhhhhhhh. Matey on phone must have realised that i was upset
as he changed the class over the phone and told me to shred the the V5C when
the 2nd new one turns up!!!.

Dom J



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:01   #6 (permalink)
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DVLA colours

Ive been thinking, technically I am limestone, but I have a couple of green
doors, a fair amount of battleship grey and the odd bits of pink. How would
I seriosly describe that.

I am figuring that I am actually going to make it a bit more artistic. maybe
I should describe its appearance as post modern :)



--
Larry
Series 3 rust and holes



"Adrian Ford" <ford@adrian131.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:dec5id$qtj$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Sent my log book to DVLA to notify a change in the colour of my Landrover
> from green to Limestone.
> Guess what colour it said on the Logbook when it returned?
> Yes! Grey .
>
> Sent it back today and filled in 'cream' as the new colour just wondering
> what I'll get back. Maybe Red.......
>
> Adrian Ford
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:01   #7 (permalink)
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DVLA colours

Hey disabled is a very handy class to be in, it means you don't get to pay
certain tolls and don't have to pay road tax.

I would say though that "knackered" is more appropriate for my landie

--
Larry
Series 3 rust and holes

"Dom J" <dominic@jackson547.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ded50a$obs$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
>
> "Adrian Ford" <ford@adrian131.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:dec5id$qtj$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Hmmm i had a problem like this with them. When i bought the Disco it

> had 'Disabled' in the taxation class. So off i went to my local DVLA

office
> to change it. Made the mistake of going at lunch time and at the end of a
> month, it took 2 hours to get to the counter, told the bloke what i wanted
> to do, watched him write 'PLG' in the new taxation class and entered my
> details as the new owner. That was that....or so i thought.
> New V5C turns up and guess what the taxation class was, yep bloody
> 'Disabled' still!!!!. Not a happy bunny i started to ring up the DVLA.
> finally got through and explained my problem. I was then told that local
> office had not told head office that i was changing taxation
> class....arghhhhhhhhhh. Matey on phone must have realised that i was

upset
> as he changed the class over the phone and told me to shred the the V5C

when
> the 2nd new one turns up!!!.
>
> Dom J
>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 15:01   #8 (permalink)
hugh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DVLA colours

In message <ded5jr$oqp$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>, Larry
<NDA@larry-arnold.cwm> writes
>Ive been thinking, technically I am limestone, but I have a couple of green
>doors, a fair amount of battleship grey and the odd bits of pink. How would
>I seriosly describe that.
>
>I am figuring that I am actually going to make it a bit more artistic. maybe
>I should describe its appearance as post modern :)
>
>
>

Try Harlequin. - Was a VW Polo produced like that a few years ago.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid at the time of posting
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 17:01   #9 (permalink)
Stephen Hull
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DVLA colours

In message <ded5jr$oqp$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>
"Larry" <NDA@larry-arnold.cwm> wrote:

>Ive been thinking, technically I am limestone, but I have a couple of
>green doors, a fair amount of battleship grey and the odd bits of
>pink. How would I seriosly describe that.


Multi-coloured or two-tone

Steve.


--
Vehicle Painting Pointers: http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
Using a British RISC Operating System 100% immune to any Windows virus.
"Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble". Henry Royce
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:01   #10 (permalink)
Alex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: DVLA colours

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:31:45 +0100, "Larry" <NDA@larry-arnold.cwm>
wrote:

>Ive been thinking, technically I am limestone, but I have a couple of green
>doors, a fair amount of battleship grey and the odd bits of pink. How would
>I seriosly describe that.
>
>I am figuring that I am actually going to make it a bit more artistic. maybe
>I should describe its appearance as post modern :)


Tell em it's Heliotrope. or perhas Tartan.

Alex
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:31.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.