this 'ere calender idea.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2005, 11:01   #1 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
this 'ere calender idea....

right then, this calender idea,
scantily-clad women and land rovers, darn good idea.

questions are...

print-run, selling to the folks on here and anyone else who might want
one, how many do you reckon we could shift? 100? 1000?

sponsorship, to keep costs down I could tap folks like the
beamends-dude for a few for a mention on the calender, good plan? I
don't want it to end up plastered with adverts, just maybe half a
dozen repeated on every page.

size, A3? A4?

women, bikini? topless? nude? I'm inclined to make this one
family-friendly.

I reckon with some organising I could get the use of 12 land rovers
and take some shots of say 2? models with each, they'll likely be
different girls each time as I'll use local models from wherever I'm
going to photograph the land rovers. Anyone who's land rover is used
gets a free calender, or gets one half price. I don't yet have a quote
for printing costs but as long as I can break-even on this project I'm
happy.

Any thoughts boys and girls?

Anyone here work for a printers and can get me a fat discount?


Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-30-2005, 13:02   #2 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: this 'ere calender idea....

On or around Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:02:52 +0100, MVP
<mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> enlightened us thusly:

>right then, this calender idea,
>scantily-clad women and land rovers, darn good idea.
>
>questions are...
>
>print-run, selling to the folks on here and anyone else who might want
>one, how many do you reckon we could shift? 100? 1000?


Gawd knows. Might be able to get LRE or somesuch to hawk 'em, and/or stick
an ad. in for 'em at the appropriate time of year.
>
>sponsorship, to keep costs down I could tap folks like the
>beamends-dude for a few for a mention on the calender, good plan? I
>don't want it to end up plastered with adverts, just maybe half a
>dozen repeated on every page.
>
>size, A3? A4?
>
>women, bikini? topless? nude? I'm inclined to make this one
>family-friendly.


yeah, wants to be non-nude, definitely. Unless, of course, you do a
"garage" version. but even in garages, calendars of nude birds are on the
decline.

models, now, lessee, you have SI, SII, SIII, defender, disco I, disco II,
Rangie classic, P38, "new" rangie, 101, that's 10 different models already.
Lightweight and rapier tractor would make a round dozen. I think to appeal
to all the nutters you have to represent all the landies. Hmmm. I don't
seem to have a freelander... perhaps that could go instead of the rapier
tractor, which is after all not that different from a 110.

>Anyone here work for a printers and can get me a fat discount?


sadly not.

I reckon with the right marketing it'd sell, though.

format. hmmm. A3 folded on long side and hanging vertically makes quite a
good calendar, you get an A4 landscape picture at the top and an A4
landscape month page at the bottom.

The BBC Countryfile calendar is above the desk here, in that format, but the
lower panel has the main calendar in an 8.5" square grid with 5 rows of 7
squares for days (5 weeks, monday to sunday, and the appropriate days for
the month in question are done with more intense headings - the bit form
last month and from next month have fain headings) There's also a 6th row
which is a space for notes. That lot is on the right of the page, on the
left is a small (about 3" wide) extra image (which would fit with your idea
of 2 images of each motor) at the top and little mini-calendars for the
previous and next month.

hmmm. talk about a picture being worth a thousand words... bugger, bloody
camera batteries are flat... like this:

http://www.roman-road.co.uk/temp/calendar.jpg

crap picture, I know. I've lost about an inch off the bottom, and it's not
sharp. ICBA to do it properly... and using flash made a shiny spot in the
middle.

seems a good format, and lets you have 24 pictures instead of 12, which
makes a nice "bonus" feel, even if the calendar costs more.

There's also a small "dead" space on the Countryfile one, just below the
small picture. You could get a small advert in there, if they sponsorship
idea worked - 12 ads from 12 people, or fewer ads more times.


What about doing a charity thing? will it sell enough to be worthwhile?
The countryfile one is in aid of children in need, for example, hence the
little pudsey at the bottom.


--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the game"
Grantland Rice (1880-1954). my opinions are just that
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 13:02   #3 (permalink)
computer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: this 'ere calender idea....

Hello, MVP!

Well....I'd put Piglet forward (http://www.pigletsplace.com) ...and maybe
Owl? I'm sure they'd love the attentions of a couple of models ;-)

Oh...and er .. slight hijack of the post .. for the mud-club members, I am
trying to rasie some Posh Ted charity money :
http://forums.mud-club.com/viewtopic.php?t=7341

Yes - I'm going to strip Piglet!!!!

I'll dress him again later tho!

--
Neil

4.4 V8 Range Rover Vogue - 'Owl'
4.6 V8 Discovery ES - 'Piglet'
2.5 V6 Freelander GS - 'Kanga'

http://www.pigletsplace.com
http://www.mud-club.com
http://www.4x4prejudice.org


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 13:02   #4 (permalink)
Nige
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: this 'ere calender idea....

MVP wrote:
> right then, this calender idea,
> scantily-clad women and land rovers, darn good idea.
>
> questions are...
>
> print-run, selling to the folks on here and anyone else who might want
> one, how many do you reckon we could shift? 100? 1000?
>
> sponsorship, to keep costs down I could tap folks like the
> beamends-dude for a few for a mention on the calender, good plan? I
> don't want it to end up plastered with adverts, just maybe half a
> dozen repeated on every page.
>
> size, A3? A4?
>
> women, bikini? topless? nude? I'm inclined to make this one
> family-friendly.
>
> I reckon with some organising I could get the use of 12 land rovers
> and take some shots of say 2? models with each, they'll likely be
> different girls each time as I'll use local models from wherever I'm
> going to photograph the land rovers. Anyone who's land rover is used
> gets a free calender, or gets one half price. I don't yet have a quote
> for printing costs but as long as I can break-even on this project I'm
> happy.
>
> Any thoughts boys and girls?
>
> Anyone here work for a printers and can get me a fat discount?
>
>
> Regards.
> Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)


Mark, I run my own Fire Alarm company, if it was sponsered by us as well as the LR stuff we could arrange
something?

Mail me direct & I'll give you my mobile number!

BTW, Bikini is best, nude is frowned upon in the work place (thats where I would be sending my copies!!)

Could be a winner matey!

Nige


--
Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"Christ's fat cock"


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 13:02   #5 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: this 'ere calender idea....

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:32:50 +0100, Austin Shackles
<austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote:

>On or around Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:02:52 +0100, MVP
><mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> enlightened us thusly:
>
>>right then, this calender idea,
>>scantily-clad women and land rovers, darn good idea.
>>
>>questions are...
>>
>>print-run, selling to the folks on here and anyone else who might want
>>one, how many do you reckon we could shift? 100? 1000?

>
>Gawd knows. Might be able to get LRE or somesuch to hawk 'em, and/or stick
>an ad. in for 'em at the appropriate time of year.
>>
>>sponsorship, to keep costs down I could tap folks like the
>>beamends-dude for a few for a mention on the calender, good plan? I
>>don't want it to end up plastered with adverts, just maybe half a
>>dozen repeated on every page.
>>
>>size, A3? A4?
>>
>>women, bikini? topless? nude? I'm inclined to make this one
>>family-friendly.

>
>yeah, wants to be non-nude, definitely. Unless, of course, you do a
>"garage" version. but even in garages, calendars of nude birds are on the
>decline.


As I thought, bikini's it is.

>models, now, lessee, you have SI, SII, SIII, defender, disco I, disco II,
>Rangie classic, P38, "new" rangie, 101, that's 10 different models already.
>Lightweight and rapier tractor would make a round dozen. I think to appeal
>to all the nutters you have to represent all the landies. Hmmm. I don't
>seem to have a freelander... perhaps that could go instead of the rapier
>tractor, which is after all not that different from a 110.


Already had an offer of a pink panther, I have ideas of a couple of
girls in camoflage pattern bikinis maybe.

>>Anyone here work for a printers and can get me a fat discount?

>
>sadly not.
>
>I reckon with the right marketing it'd sell, though.
>snipped<
>
>seems a good format, and lets you have 24 pictures instead of 12, which
>makes a nice "bonus" feel, even if the calendar costs more.


That leaves a nice panel for some sponsor ads mebbe.

>There's also a small "dead" space on the Countryfile one, just below the
>small picture. You could get a small advert in there, if they sponsorship
>idea worked - 12 ads from 12 people, or fewer ads more times.
>
>
>What about doing a charity thing? will it sell enough to be worthwhile?
>The countryfile one is in aid of children in need, for example, hence the
>little pudsey at the bottom.


Have to have a think about that when I get a printing quote but I'll
happily up the price a bit and bung posh-ted a few quid or I'm open to
ideas for other charities, I've done some stuff for breast cancer
research recently.

Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 13:02   #6 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: this 'ere calender idea....

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:47:22 +0000 (UTC), "computer"
<no-one@nospamhere.com> wrote:

>Hello, MVP!
>
>Well....I'd put Piglet forward (http://www.pigletsplace.com) ...and maybe
>Owl? I'm sure they'd love the attentions of a couple of models ;-)
>
>Oh...and er .. slight hijack of the post .. for the mud-club members, I am
>trying to rasie some Posh Ted charity money :
>http://forums.mud-club.com/viewtopic.php?t=7341
>
>Yes - I'm going to strip Piglet!!!!
>
>I'll dress him again later tho!


I was going to say that I should have a V8 disco in the summer but
Piglet is a serious looking dude! definatly be interested in using
him.


Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 13:02   #7 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: this 'ere calender idea....

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:50:03 +0100, "Nige"
<nigel.inceFANNYFART@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Mark, I run my own Fire Alarm company, if it was sponsered by us as well as the LR stuff we could arrange
>something?
>
>Mail me direct & I'll give you my mobile number!
>
>BTW, Bikini is best, nude is frowned upon in the work place (thats where I would be sending my copies!!)
>
>Could be a winner matey!
>
>Nige


email en-route.


Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 14:02   #8 (permalink)
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: this 'ere calender idea....

Don't forget the odd Land Rovers i.e. Centaur and the Cuthbutson and may be
even the Forest Rover :-))))

Rich

--
To reply remove " spam "
"Austin Shackles" <austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote in message
news:8ivl41pkpn4qu4pdsniq073pgn19ggiv7h@4ax.com...
> On or around Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:02:52 +0100, MVP
> <mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> enlightened us thusly:
>
> >right then, this calender idea,
> >scantily-clad women and land rovers, darn good idea.
> >
> >questions are...
> >
> >print-run, selling to the folks on here and anyone else who might want
> >one, how many do you reckon we could shift? 100? 1000?

>
> Gawd knows. Might be able to get LRE or somesuch to hawk 'em, and/or

stick
> an ad. in for 'em at the appropriate time of year.
> >
> >sponsorship, to keep costs down I could tap folks like the
> >beamends-dude for a few for a mention on the calender, good plan? I
> >don't want it to end up plastered with adverts, just maybe half a
> >dozen repeated on every page.
> >
> >size, A3? A4?
> >
> >women, bikini? topless? nude? I'm inclined to make this one
> >family-friendly.

>
> yeah, wants to be non-nude, definitely. Unless, of course, you do a
> "garage" version. but even in garages, calendars of nude birds are on the
> decline.
>
> models, now, lessee, you have SI, SII, SIII, defender, disco I, disco II,
> Rangie classic, P38, "new" rangie, 101, that's 10 different models

already.
> Lightweight and rapier tractor would make a round dozen. I think to

appeal
> to all the nutters you have to represent all the landies. Hmmm. I don't
> seem to have a freelander... perhaps that could go instead of the rapier
> tractor, which is after all not that different from a 110.
>
> >Anyone here work for a printers and can get me a fat discount?

>
> sadly not.
>
> I reckon with the right marketing it'd sell, though.
>
> format. hmmm. A3 folded on long side and hanging vertically makes quite

a
> good calendar, you get an A4 landscape picture at the top and an A4
> landscape month page at the bottom.
>
> The BBC Countryfile calendar is above the desk here, in that format, but

the
> lower panel has the main calendar in an 8.5" square grid with 5 rows of 7
> squares for days (5 weeks, monday to sunday, and the appropriate days for
> the month in question are done with more intense headings - the bit form
> last month and from next month have fain headings) There's also a 6th row
> which is a space for notes. That lot is on the right of the page, on the
> left is a small (about 3" wide) extra image (which would fit with your

idea
> of 2 images of each motor) at the top and little mini-calendars for the
> previous and next month.
>
> hmmm. talk about a picture being worth a thousand words... bugger,

bloody
> camera batteries are flat... like this:
>
> http://www.roman-road.co.uk/temp/calendar.jpg
>
> crap picture, I know. I've lost about an inch off the bottom, and it's

not
> sharp. ICBA to do it properly... and using flash made a shiny spot in the
> middle.
>
> seems a good format, and lets you have 24 pictures instead of 12, which
> makes a nice "bonus" feel, even if the calendar costs more.
>
> There's also a small "dead" space on the Countryfile one, just below the
> small picture. You could get a small advert in there, if they sponsorship
> idea worked - 12 ads from 12 people, or fewer ads more times.
>
>
> What about doing a charity thing? will it sell enough to be worthwhile?
> The countryfile one is in aid of children in need, for example, hence the
> little pudsey at the bottom.
>
>
> --
> Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
> "For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
> He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the game"
> Grantland Rice (1880-1954). my opinions are just that



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 14:02   #9 (permalink)
computer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: this 'ere calender idea....

M> I was going to say that I should have a V8 disco in the summer but
M> Piglet is a serious looking dude! definatly be interested in using
M> him.

No worries ;-)

And...as I said, if you need a new shape Range Rover 3 .... Owl is
available - on or offroad ;-)

--
Neil

4.4 V8 Range Rover Vogue - 'Owl'
4.6 V8 Discovery ES - 'Piglet'
2.5 V6 Freelander GS - 'Kanga'

http://www.pigletsplace.com
http://www.mud-club.com
http://www.4x4prejudice.org


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 14:02   #10 (permalink)
computer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: this 'ere calender idea....

Oh..er....I've got my own company too......but it's computer based. Will run
it past the partner... ;-)

--
Neil

4.4 V8 Range Rover Vogue - 'Owl'
4.6 V8 Discovery ES - 'Piglet'
2.5 V6 Freelander GS - 'Kanga'

http://www.pigletsplace.com
http://www.mud-club.com
http://www.4x4prejudice.org


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.