Exhaust gaskets - V8 - Which way?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 01:01   #1 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exhaust gaskets - V8 - Which way??

I have a vague recolletion of someone mentioning that the V8 exhaust gaskets
should go in a particular way around. Any one know which way?

I.e. which side faces the head and which side faces the manifold.

Lee D

--
www.lrproject.com



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2005, 13:01   #2 (permalink)
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Exhaust gaskets - V8 - Which way??

No I don't think so, there is a certain way round, but only to get them to
fit the bolt pattern, they do look different from one side to the other, but
this is just the way they are stamped out as far as I know.

Rich

--
To reply remove " spam "
"Lee_D" <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote in message
news:3ug330F10hvatU1@individual.net...
> I have a vague recolletion of someone mentioning that the V8 exhaust

gaskets
> should go in a particular way around. Any one know which way?
>
> I.e. which side faces the head and which side faces the manifold.
>
> Lee D
>
> --
> www.lrproject.com
>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:01   #3 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Exhaust gaskets - V8 - Which way??

"Rich" <r3engineering@ntlworldspam.com> wrote in message
news:Uh3if.4857$y36.3444@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...
> No I don't think so, there is a certain way round, but only to get them to
> fit the bolt pattern, they do look different from one side to the other,
> but
> this is just the way they are stamped out as far as I know.
>
> Rich


Cheers Rich, I did reply to myself but dunno where it went. Basically I
found a bit of info on the Rpi site which pointed out that if you fit them
wrongly you actually loose 40% of power due to blocking up half the exhaust
ports. Once I took a good look both sides were the same but there is a notch
on the gasket which matches a notched but on the casting for at least 4 for
the 8 ports.

Just thought it may be helpful for any one else in the same position.

Lee D

--
www.lrproject.com



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:01   #4 (permalink)
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Exhaust gaskets - V8 - Which way??

No problem, if you lay the gaskets over the exhaust manifold in a horizontal
position and play around with them you will soon se there is only a obvious
way however make sure you remember the correct position when the manifold is
nearly bolted up and you are putting in the gaskets and also make sure you
get both bolts through the gasket and not to one side of them, good luck

Rich

--
To reply remove " spam "
"Lee_D" <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote in message
news:3v0df9F13a6bnU1@individual.net...
> "Rich" <r3engineering@ntlworldspam.com> wrote in message
> news:Uh3if.4857$y36.3444@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...
> > No I don't think so, there is a certain way round, but only to get them

to
> > fit the bolt pattern, they do look different from one side to the other,
> > but
> > this is just the way they are stamped out as far as I know.
> >
> > Rich

>
> Cheers Rich, I did reply to myself but dunno where it went. Basically I
> found a bit of info on the Rpi site which pointed out that if you fit them
> wrongly you actually loose 40% of power due to blocking up half the

exhaust
> ports. Once I took a good look both sides were the same but there is a

notch
> on the gasket which matches a notched but on the casting for at least 4

for
> the 8 ports.
>
> Just thought it may be helpful for any one else in the same position.
>
> Lee D
>
> --
> www.lrproject.com
>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover


« Cold TD5 | gauges »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:18.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.