FA - JJF intercooler - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
FA - JJF intercooler

The right Td5 came up locally at the right price, so I am getting rid of the
Disco (300Tdi) and adopting a Td5 Disco ES next week.

The Jeremy Fearn intercooler off the 300 is now on Ebay if anyone is
interested - item 8028448528.

I'm also swapping over the access ladder from the rear door. Anyone know of
a source of those funny expanding fasteners used to fit the ladder
(rivnuts?)?

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-08-2006, 07:01   #2 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: FA - JJF intercooler

On or around Sat, 7 Jan 2006 20:58:20 -0000, "Richard Brookman"
<newsboy@nowhere.com> enlightened us thusly:

>The right Td5 came up locally at the right price, so I am getting rid of the
>Disco (300Tdi) and adopting a Td5 Disco ES next week.
>
>The Jeremy Fearn intercooler off the 300 is now on Ebay if anyone is
>interested - item 8028448528.
>


did you find any trouble with cooling as a result of upsetting the airflow
to the rad?

when he says in his site that it gives "x% more power" what else does he do?
I don't see just the bigger intercooler doing that, by itself, without other
tweaks. Is yours EDC, and was it chipped?

might well be interested, depending on how high it goes, I'll keep an eye on
it.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young / In a world
of magnets and miracles / Our thoughts strayed constantly and without
boundary / The ringing of the Division bell had begun. Pink Floyd (1994)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:01   #3 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: FA - JJF intercooler

....and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

> On or around Sat, 7 Jan 2006 20:58:20 -0000, "Richard Brookman"
> <newsboy@nowhere.com> enlightened us thusly:
>
>> The right Td5 came up locally at the right price, so I am getting
>> rid of the Disco (300Tdi) and adopting a Td5 Disco ES next week.
>>
>> The Jeremy Fearn intercooler off the 300 is now on Ebay if anyone is
>> interested - item 8028448528.
>>

>
> did you find any trouble with cooling as a result of upsetting the
> airflow to the rad?


None at all. Removing the old i/c creates a space to the left of the rad
which, without any other alterations, would allow an easier path for the fan
to suck air through there rather than through the rad. Jeremy makes an
alloy baffle plate which closes off the redundant space and makes the fan
pull all the air through the rad. Temp gauge stayed below halfway, no
matter what. Having the i/c across the whole front of the rad made no
difference.

>
> when he says in his site that it gives "x% more power" what else does
> he do? I don't see just the bigger intercooler doing that, by itself,
> without other tweaks. Is yours EDC, and was it chipped?


I don't think he says 35% (that would be Allisport's claim, I think) - he
says +35bhp, which would take it from 111 to 146bhp. Mine was an EDC, so he
fitted an uprated chip. Without EDC, it would just be a matter of upping
the fuelling until you were happy, OSIU. He promises a rolling road check
on the site, but when I had it done the rolling road was "unavailable" and I
had to suffer the "test drive from hell". I can't guess 35bhp, even with my
eyeballs in their sockets, but it was certainly a very noticeable
improvement, especially when towing.

> might well be interested, depending on how high it goes, I'll keep an
> eye on it.


Possibly a discount for 101/afl berbecue gurus, who knows?

:-)
--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:01   #4 (permalink)
Steve
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: FA - JJF intercooler

Richard Brookman wrote:

> Possibly a discount for 101/afl berbecue gurus, who knows?


I dont' see any reason why it won't work on the 200Tdi project either,
but I don't see any point getting into a bidding war with all my mates
either !!

I reckon I'll buy a scrap intercooler off a commercial and cut it down
to fit the 101.


Steve
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: FA - JJF intercooler

....and Steve spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...


> Richard Brookman wrote:
>
>> Possibly a discount for 101/afl berbecue gurus, who knows?

>
> I dont' see any reason why it won't work on the 200Tdi project either,
> but I don't see any point getting into a bidding war with all my mates
> either !!


Go on, you know you want to!

>
> I reckon I'll buy a scrap intercooler off a commercial and cut it down
> to fit the 101.


It'll never work ;-)

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:01   #6 (permalink)
Paul - xxx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: FA - JJF intercooler

Richard Brookman came up with the following;:
> The right Td5 came up locally at the right price, so I am getting rid of
> the Disco (300Tdi) and adopting a Td5 Disco ES next week.
>
> The Jeremy Fearn intercooler off the 300 is now on Ebay if anyone is
> interested - item 8028448528.


I'm watching it, and might bid in a day or two .. My 300Tdi isn't
chipped, so I guess I'd have to increase the fuelling to 'help'.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!
ebay 5849533390

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:01   #7 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: FA - JJF intercooler

....and Paul - xxx spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...


> Richard Brookman came up with the following;:
>> The right Td5 came up locally at the right price, so I am getting
>> rid of the Disco (300Tdi) and adopting a Td5 Disco ES next week.
>>
>> The Jeremy Fearn intercooler off the 300 is now on Ebay if anyone is
>> interested - item 8028448528.

>
> I'm watching it, and might bid in a day or two .. My 300Tdi isn't
> chipped, so I guess I'd have to increase the fuelling to 'help'.


Nah, bid a grand now, beat the crowds! :-)

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:01   #8 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: FA - JJF intercooler

....and edeowner@yahoo.com spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...


> Richard Brookman wrote:
>> The right Td5 came up locally at the right price, so I am getting
>> rid of the Disco (300Tdi) and adopting a Td5 Disco ES next week.
>>
>> The Jeremy Fearn intercooler off the 300 is now on Ebay if anyone is
>> interested - item 8028448528.
>>
>> I'm also swapping over the access ladder from the rear door. Anyone
>> know of a source of those funny expanding fasteners used to fit the
>> ladder (rivnuts?)?
>>
>> --
>> Rich
>> ==============================
>> Disco 300 Tdi auto
>> S2a 88" SW
>> Tiggrr (V8 trialler)

>
> Oh dear.........
>
> Do u fancy selling me your BFG's before the vehicle gets sold


Done! Now for the team of erotic dancers you promised in return.

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:58.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.