glow plugs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #1 (permalink)
gatsy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
glow plugs

Hi
I have just bought a LR90T 1988, it requires a lot of turning to get
started and i suspect the glow plugs are worn out i have checked out a
few places and prices vary wildly from about 4 quid each to 22 quid
from a main dealer has anyone got any suggestions or brands to choose?
is the main dealer taking the michael!!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #2 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: glow plugs

On 9 Mar 2005 11:06:27 -0800, m.gatenby2@virgin.net (gatsy) wrote:

>Hi
>I have just bought a LR90T 1988, it requires a lot of turning to get
>started and i suspect the glow plugs are worn out i have checked out a
>few places and prices vary wildly from about 4 quid each to 22 quid
>from a main dealer has anyone got any suggestions or brands to choose?
>is the main dealer taking the michael!!


I got some from ebay recently, pattern ones but seemed well made,
don't remember the price but my bid was below the paddocks pattern
price.



Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #3 (permalink)
Hirsty's
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: glow plugs

Yer pays yer money .......... blah blah blah. Found the same thing, Champion
plugs megabucks and the others cheap. Someone told me that my 300 Tdi
does'nt really need them unless it is very cold as it is Direct Injection
???




"gatsy" <m.gatenby2@virgin.net> wrote in message
news:f9af1ae3.0503091106.777e606c@posting.google.com...
> Hi
> I have just bought a LR90T 1988, it requires a lot of turning to get
> started and i suspect the glow plugs are worn out i have checked out a
> few places and prices vary wildly from about 4 quid each to 22 quid
> from a main dealer has anyone got any suggestions or brands to choose?
> is the main dealer taking the michael!!



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #4 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: glow plugs


"Hirsty's" <magnum.458@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:TNIXd.3378$gM2.2551@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> Yer pays yer money .......... blah blah blah. Found the
> same thing, Champion
> plugs megabucks and the others cheap. Someone told me that
> my 300 Tdi
> does'nt really need them unless it is very cold as it is
> Direct Injection
> ???
>
>
>
>
> "gatsy" <m.gatenby2@virgin.net> wrote in message
> news:f9af1ae3.0503091106.777e606c@posting.google.com...
>> Hi
>> I have just bought a LR90T 1988, it requires a lot of
>> turning to get
>> started and i suspect the glow plugs are worn out i have
>> checked out a
>> few places and prices vary wildly from about 4 quid each
>> to 22 quid
>> from a main dealer has anyone got any suggestions or
>> brands to choose?
>> is the main dealer taking the michael!!

>
>


Recently fitted Bosch to my 90. 8.50 each. Starting was
transformed. Until my recent starter motor problems anyway
:-(

Regards

Richard


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #5 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: glow plugs

On or around 9 Mar 2005 11:06:27 -0800, m.gatenby2@virgin.net (gatsy)
enlightened us thusly:

>Hi
>I have just bought a LR90T 1988, it requires a lot of turning to get
>started and i suspect the glow plugs are worn out i have checked out a
>few places and prices vary wildly from about 4 quid each to 22 quid
>from a main dealer has anyone got any suggestions or brands to choose?
>is the main dealer taking the michael!!


"Beamends" Richard will be along in a moment, he seems competitive.


--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"There are three sorts of people in the world - those who can count,
and those who can't" (Anon)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #6 (permalink)
fanie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: glow plugs

I would suggest getting good name brand plugs. I am told that the tips of
the cheapies tend to break off and then rattle around in your combustion
chamber. Not worth a few pounds saving IMHO.

Cheers
Stephen


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #7 (permalink)
beamendsltd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: glow plugs

In message <l6ou21lqt26drd3et7mssee02qlfi6ivvq@4ax.com>
Austin Shackles <austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote:

> On or around 9 Mar 2005 11:06:27 -0800, m.gatenby2@virgin.net (gatsy)
> enlightened us thusly:
>
> >Hi
> >I have just bought a LR90T 1988, it requires a lot of turning to get
> >started and i suspect the glow plugs are worn out i have checked out a
> >few places and prices vary wildly from about 4 quid each to 22 quid
> >from a main dealer has anyone got any suggestions or brands to choose?
> >is the main dealer taking the michael!!

>
> "Beamends" Richard will be along in a moment, he seems competitive.
>
>


Here I am! 3.52 inc VAT each. Never had any problems with
this make.

Cheers
Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
Helping keep Land Rovers on and off the road to annoy the Lib Dems
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #8 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: glow plugs

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:10:18 +0200, "fanie" <fanie@checkitsystems.com>
wrote:

>I would suggest getting good name brand plugs. I am told that the tips of
>the cheapies tend to break off and then rattle around in your combustion
>chamber. Not worth a few pounds saving IMHO.
>
>Cheers
>Stephen
>


you just succeded in scaring the crap outa me...


Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #9 (permalink)
gatsy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: glow plugs

"fanie" <fanie@checkitsystems.com> wrote in message news:<FbmdnTX9TN5_ebLfRVn-3w@is.co.za>...
> I would suggest getting good name brand plugs. I am told that the tips of
> the cheapies tend to break off and then rattle around in your combustion
> chamber. Not worth a few pounds saving IMHO.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen


Thanks very much will buy based in this info.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.