Hobbs and Bailey - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2005, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hobbs and Bailey

I've become a Pimms-aholic!

Stood in Tescos tuther day wondering what to try different.

Bunged a Pimms and Lemonade in the Trolley.

Wonder how many other peeps have been hic! influenced by this group.

I mentioned to Mrs D, "Martyn and Tim rave on about it so it can't be bad"
"Thats what people drink on expeditions isn't it?"
"Have you been reading the group?"


Lee D


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2005, 16:01   #2 (permalink)
Tim Hobbs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hobbs and Bailey

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:38:14 -0000, "Lee_D"
<newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:

>I've become a Pimms-aholic!
>
>Stood in Tescos tuther day wondering what to try different.
>
>Bunged a Pimms and Lemonade in the Trolley.
>
>Wonder how many other peeps have been hic! influenced by this group.
>
>I mentioned to Mrs D, "Martyn and Tim rave on about it so it can't be bad"
>"Thats what people drink on expeditions isn't it?"
>"Have you been reading the group?"
>
>
>Lee D
>


Put fruit in it. It's then officially health food - it counts towards
your 5 portions of fruit.

Alternatively, 40/60 with lemonade gets the job done a bit quicker...

I have never raved...

--
Tim Hobbs
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 16:01   #3 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hobbs and Bailey

....and Mother" <"@ {mother} @ spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...


> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:38:14 -0000, "Lee_D"
> <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:
>
>> I've become a Pimms-aholic!

>
> Whistle... Hobbs turned us on to it - then mi best mate got wed and
> they had it at the Reception, but basically, blame Hobbs...
>
> Try it wiv stuph like Strawberry, (I think) Cucumber and - erm, dunno,
> but it's too sloshable (hic) and blame Hobbs (hic)...
>
> BTW, mine's a pint... (hic)


Richard's Recommendation for Christmas Morning:

Champagne flute (or a tumbler if you're a pleb) -
One measure Archer's Peach Schnapps
Fill glass with 50/50 Cranberry juice and champers/Cava/bubbly
Drink several.

It tastes like fruit juice (and hence is very healthy) but it gets you
cheerful quicker than anything I've known. Four or five (and that's easily
accomplished) and you keep wondering why the furniture (or mother-in-law)
keeps moving in front of you to trip you up.


--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:01   #4 (permalink)
Diane Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hobbs and Bailey

Richard Brookman wrote in anticipation of an inebriated Christmas:
> Richard's Recommendation for Christmas Morning:
>
> Champagne flute (or a tumbler if you're a pleb) -
> One measure Archer's Peach Schnapps
> Fill glass with 50/50 Cranberry juice and champers/Cava/bubbly
> Drink several.


FWIW this is the only thing that makes Christmas bearable for 'himself' plus
taking the dog for an early morning walk on the beach!

--

Di

"The hurrier I am the behinder I get"


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:01   #5 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hobbs and Bailey

Diane Brookman <dreamernospam@nowhere.com> uttered summat worrerz funny
about:
> Richard Brookman wrote in anticipation of an inebriated Christmas:
>> Richard's Recommendation for Christmas Morning:
>>
>> Champagne flute (or a tumbler if you're a pleb) -
>> One measure Archer's Peach Schnapps
>> Fill glass with 50/50 Cranberry juice and champers/Cava/bubbly
>> Drink several.

>
> FWIW this is the only thing that makes Christmas bearable for
> 'himself' plus taking the dog for an early morning walk on the beach!


Sounds like a cool Christmas , walk along the Beach would be nice failing
any snow.

Will explore this concoction and report back.

<!note to self - buy "resolve">

Lee D


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:02   #6 (permalink)
Graham G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hobbs and Bailey

Mother" <"@ {mother} @ muttered summat about:

> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:38:14 -0000, "Lee_D"
> <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:
>
>> I've become a Pimms-aholic!

>
> Whistle... Hobbs turned us on to it - then mi best mate got wed and
> they had it at the Reception, but basically, blame Hobbs...
>
> Try it wiv stuph like Strawberry, (I think) Cucumber and - erm, dunno,
> but it's too sloshable (hic) and blame Hobbs (hic)...
>
> BTW, mine's a pint... (hic)


Very nice with cucumber...

--
Graham

101 GS
101 Rad Bod


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:01   #7 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hobbs and Bailey

....and Lee_D spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

> Diane Brookman <dreamernospam@nowhere.com> uttered summat worrerz
> funny about:
>> Richard Brookman wrote in anticipation of an inebriated Christmas:
>>> Richard's Recommendation for Christmas Morning:
>>>
>>> Champagne flute (or a tumbler if you're a pleb) -
>>> One measure Archer's Peach Schnapps
>>> Fill glass with 50/50 Cranberry juice and champers/Cava/bubbly
>>> Drink several.

>>
>> FWIW this is the only thing that makes Christmas bearable for
>> 'himself' plus taking the dog for an early morning walk on the beach!

>
> Sounds like a cool Christmas , walk along the Beach would be nice
> failing any snow.


It's become a tradition with us - turkey in the oven by about 7am, open
pressies, down to Newgale for a good blow along the beach with Zulu and any
other dogs/kids that happen to be around. When the SAR used to be at
Brawdy, there was always a fly-by from the SAR guys, with Santa in the
winchman's position waving to the crowds (well, 20-30 people on a 2-mile
stretch of sand). Littl'uns thought it was fab. Snow in Pembs is like
rocking horse poo, so Newgale is usually the destination. If it does happen
to snow, all bets are off. If I can get the S2's swivels and brake pipes
sorted by then, I'll be in heaven.

> Will explore this concoction and report back.


It's well and worthily recommended, Lee - guaranteed to put a smile on your
face and make the worst bits of Xmas (children, relatives, food, TV, carols,
decorations etc) bearable.

> <!note to self - buy "resolve">


I'd let you have some of mine, but I've lost it all.

:-)

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:01   #8 (permalink)
Tom Woods
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hobbs and Bailey

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:38:14 -0000, "Lee_D"
<newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:

>Wonder how many other peeps have been hic! influenced by this group.
>
>I mentioned to Mrs D, "Martyn and Tim rave on about it so it can't be bad"
>"Thats what people drink on expeditions isn't it?"
>"Have you been reading the group?"


Oh dear. This has just reminded me..

I'd often seem Tim rave about Pimm's on here, and used this
recommendation to go and find some at my mates' wedding a month or two
back when i heard it was about.

Unfortunately i seem to have lost the memory of what it actually
tasted like!

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:01   #9 (permalink)
beamendsltd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hobbs and Bailey

In message <400sllF170c0iU1@individual.net>
"Lee_D" <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:

> I've become a Pimms-aholic!
>
> Stood in Tescos tuther day wondering what to try different.
>
> Bunged a Pimms and Lemonade in the Trolley.
>
> Wonder how many other peeps have been hic! influenced by this group.
>
> I mentioned to Mrs D, "Martyn and Tim rave on about it so it can't be bad"
> "Thats what people drink on expeditions isn't it?"
> "Have you been reading the group?"
>
>
> Lee D
>
>


Tread very carefully - it was Pimms (real Pimms in them thar days, before
they halved the alcohol content and kept the price) that got me married
to the ex - 15 years to sober-up!

Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:01   #10 (permalink)
EMB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hobbs and Bailey

beamendsltd wrote:

> Tread very carefully - it was Pimms (real Pimms in them thar days, before
> they halved the alcohol content and kept the price) that got me married
> to the ex


Snap!

--
EMB
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:28.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.