I miss my Disco - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-05, 01:02 PM
Robbiedoo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I miss my Disco

I Traded my '94 Disco 300 TDi a while ago and now regret it. (Big Time!)

I am now considering a 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE Auto with LPG. I'm sure i'll
get some negative advice as well as positive so come on, what do I look out
for? What's good, what's bad? Should I look for another Disco instead?

Rob



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-05, 06:01 PM
Ged
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I miss my Disco


"Robbiedoo" <robDOTdaniels@lineone.net> wrote in message
news:KEW3e.4561$Br.3@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
>I Traded my '94 Disco 300 TDi a while ago and now regret it. (Big Time!)
>
> I am now considering a 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE Auto with LPG. I'm sure
> i'll
> get some negative advice as well as positive so come on, what do I look
> out
> for? What's good, what's bad? Should I look for another Disco instead?
>
> Rob
>
>
>

I'd consider buying one without LPG & getting it converted yourself.
There are some very poor conversions about, as I'm fast finding out to my
cost!!

I've had one two weeks now, Only had the A/C to fix. As well as LPG.. not
yet sorted

Ged


 
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-05, 12:01 AM
fanie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I miss my Disco

So do I. It has been away for three weeks now gettings its second egine
rebuild in six months!

Regards
Stephen


 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-05, 06:01 AM
Mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I miss my Disco

fanie wrote:
> So do I. It has been away for three weeks now gettings its second egine
> rebuild in six months!
>
> Regards
> Stephen
>
>

Er, 2nd in 6 months, who did the first one?

:0)

`Mark
 
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-05, 02:02 PM
StaffBull
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I miss my Disco

Bought my 96 ES V8i off Ebay for 4300 ready converted and it has not missed
a beat!!

I would definitely get a disco over a RR due to the slipped liner problem
being much less prone to happen on a 3.9 than any other due to the ECU fuel
mapping.

I also have a 300Tdi but that's for sale now due to me never driving it -
the sound of the V8 through a custom built stainless exhaust sounds
fantastic - and at 28 - 30 Mpg eqiuiv its cheap


"Robbiedoo" <robDOTdaniels@lineone.net> wrote in message
news:KEW3e.4561$Br.3@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
>I Traded my '94 Disco 300 TDi a while ago and now regret it. (Big Time!)
>
> I am now considering a 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE Auto with LPG. I'm sure
> i'll
> get some negative advice as well as positive so come on, what do I look
> out
> for? What's good, what's bad? Should I look for another Disco instead?
>
> Rob
>
>
>



 
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-05, 02:01 AM
Robbiedoo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I miss my Disco

Thanks Ged

I'm looking at one that's ready converted, sounds like I need to know who by
and then check them out. Hope you get yours sorted soon.

Rob

"Ged" <gerald.bishop@DONTSENDSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:42507484$0$29920$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
>
> "Robbiedoo" <robDOTdaniels@lineone.net> wrote in message
> news:KEW3e.4561$Br.3@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
>>I Traded my '94 Disco 300 TDi a while ago and now regret it. (Big Time!)
>>
>> I am now considering a 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE Auto with LPG. I'm sure
>> i'll
>> get some negative advice as well as positive so come on, what do I look
>> out
>> for? What's good, what's bad? Should I look for another Disco instead?
>>
>> Rob
>>
>>
>>

> I'd consider buying one without LPG & getting it converted yourself.
> There are some very poor conversions about, as I'm fast finding out to my
> cost!!
>
> I've had one two weeks now, Only had the A/C to fix. As well as LPG.. not
> yet sorted
>
> Ged
>



 
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-05, 03:01 AM
Robbiedoo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I miss my Disco

Thanks Staffbull

Actually I prefer the RR so I'll take a look and see but you have worried me
a little with this slipped liner business. I suppose there's no pattern to
it, nor can you tell when it is likely to happen or better still prevent it?

Rob


"StaffBull" <StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote in message
news:d2s3pv$k0r$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Bought my 96 ES V8i off Ebay for 4300 ready converted and it has not
> missed a beat!!
>
> I would definitely get a disco over a RR due to the slipped liner problem
> being much less prone to happen on a 3.9 than any other due to the ECU
> fuel mapping.
>
> I also have a 300Tdi but that's for sale now due to me never driving it -
> the sound of the V8 through a custom built stainless exhaust sounds
> fantastic - and at 28 - 30 Mpg eqiuiv its cheap
>
>
> "Robbiedoo" <robDOTdaniels@lineone.net> wrote in message
> news:KEW3e.4561$Br.3@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
>>I Traded my '94 Disco 300 TDi a while ago and now regret it. (Big Time!)
>>
>> I am now considering a 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE Auto with LPG. I'm sure
>> i'll
>> get some negative advice as well as positive so come on, what do I look
>> out
>> for? What's good, what's bad? Should I look for another Disco instead?
>>
>> Rob
>>
>>
>>

>
>



 
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-05, 03:01 AM
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I miss my Disco

On or around Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:49:37 GMT, "Robbiedoo"
<robDOTdaniels@lineone.net> enlightened us thusly:

>Thanks Staffbull
>
>Actually I prefer the RR so I'll take a look and see but you have worried me
>a little with this slipped liner business. I suppose there's no pattern to
>it, nor can you tell when it is likely to happen or better still prevent it?


bigger engines are more prone, ISTR. 3.9 less likely than 4.6, style of
fing.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink;
Good wine, a friend, or being dry, Or lest we should be by and by;
Or any other reason why. - Henry Aldrich (1647 - 1710)
 
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-05, 05:01 AM
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I miss my Disco

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:43:21 +0100, Austin Shackles
<austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote:

>On or around Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:49:37 GMT, "Robbiedoo"
><robDOTdaniels@lineone.net> enlightened us thusly:
>
>>Thanks Staffbull
>>
>>Actually I prefer the RR so I'll take a look and see but you have worried me
>>a little with this slipped liner business. I suppose there's no pattern to
>>it, nor can you tell when it is likely to happen or better still prevent it?

>
>bigger engines are more prone, ISTR. 3.9 less likely than 4.6, style of
>fing.


If the disco's are less prone than the rr's then can the rr ecu be
changed for or altered to similar to, the disco ecu? thus solving the
problem.


Regards.
Mark.
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
charity calendar project -
http://www.4x4info.info/calendar/
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

 
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-05, 05:01 AM
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I miss my Disco

On or around Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:17:11 +0100, MVP
<mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> enlightened us thusly:

>On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:43:21 +0100, Austin Shackles
><austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote:
>
>>On or around Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:49:37 GMT, "Robbiedoo"
>><robDOTdaniels@lineone.net> enlightened us thusly:
>>
>>>Thanks Staffbull
>>>
>>>Actually I prefer the RR so I'll take a look and see but you have worried me
>>>a little with this slipped liner business. I suppose there's no pattern to
>>>it, nor can you tell when it is likely to happen or better still prevent it?

>>
>>bigger engines are more prone, ISTR. 3.9 less likely than 4.6, style of
>>fing.

>
>If the disco's are less prone than the rr's then can the rr ecu be
>changed for or altered to similar to, the disco ecu? thus solving the
>problem.


that's a good point, and I don't know the answer. The system is nominally
the same, AFAIK. 'course, the problem may be to do with other aspects like
cooling - I know Sister's BF had loads of problems with cooling on his 3.9
RR, which he solved eventually by removing the aircon radiator - presumably,
though, that disables the aircon.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk." Pink Floyd (1994)
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome