Isuzu diesel conversion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:31 AM
mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Isuzu diesel conversion


I may well be getting my hands on an old (2a or 3 its a bit mysterious)
station wagon for spares. It has a non turbo isuzu diesel conversion
which I am not interested in. Any ideas on what the engine and adapter
plate etc. is worth? It is running.
--
Mark Roberts


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:31 AM
Samuel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Isuzu diesel conversion


"mark" <mark@martem.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:qJiACSA2dgoCFwWt@martem.demon.co.uk...
>
> I may well be getting my hands on an old (2a or 3 its a bit mysterious)
> station wagon for spares. It has a non turbo isuzu diesel conversion
> which I am not interested in. Any ideas on what the engine and adapter
> plate etc. is worth? It is running.
> --
> Mark Roberts


Hello.

I assume that you are in Australia?? don't think that conversion has been
done anywhere else. in terms of value, as always, only worth what someone is
willing to pay for it. probably not all that much demand for it, but i
suspect the supply is equally small. probably best thing would be listing on
Ebay. i would be very interested in it myself. Whereabouts are you (assuming
you are in fact in Aus).

Sam.


 
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:31 AM
JD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

Samuel wrote:

>
> "mark" <mark@martem.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:qJiACSA2dgoCFwWt@martem.demon.co.uk...
>>
>> I may well be getting my hands on an old (2a or 3 its a bit mysterious)
>> station wagon for spares. It has a non turbo isuzu diesel conversion
>> which I am not interested in. Any ideas on what the engine and adapter
>> plate etc. is worth? It is running.
>> --
>> Mark Roberts

>
> Hello.
>
> I assume that you are in Australia?? don't think that conversion has been
> done anywhere else. in terms of value, as always, only worth what someone
> is willing to pay for it. probably not all that much demand for it, but i
> suspect the supply is equally small. probably best thing would be listing
> on Ebay. i would be very interested in it myself. Whereabouts are you
> (assuming you are in fact in Aus).
>
> Sam.


If in fact it is the Australian produced Isuzu engined S3, it will be a
Stage 1 with a 4BD1 engine and a purpose made bell housing to match the
engine. But the email address is a UK one...
JD
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:31 AM
Samuel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

>
> If in fact it is the Australian produced Isuzu engined S3, it will be a
> Stage 1 with a 4BD1 engine and a purpose made bell housing to match the
> engine. But the email address is a UK one...
> JD


Tis true, but i have seen and heard of a couple (very few, i think i saw one
on ebay a couple of months back) of proper series 3's converted to the isuzu
motor. was possible that this was one of those. but if he is in the UK, must
have been a private import or converted over there.

Sam


 
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:31 AM
p38arover
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

If, in fact, it was an Isuzu 4BD1 conversion, it would be worth a couple of
thousand dollars in Australia.

Ron


"mark" <mark@martem.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:qJiACSA2dgoCFwWt@martem.demon.co.uk...
>
> I may well be getting my hands on an old (2a or 3 its a bit mysterious)
> station wagon for spares. It has a non turbo isuzu diesel conversion which
> I am not interested in. Any ideas on what the engine and adapter plate
> etc. is worth? It is running.
> --
> Mark Roberts



 
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:31 AM
JD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

p38arover wrote:

> If, in fact, it was an Isuzu 4BD1 conversion, it would be worth a couple
> of thousand dollars in Australia.
>
> Ron
>
>
> "mark" <mark@martem.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:qJiACSA2dgoCFwWt@martem.demon.co.uk...
>>
>> I may well be getting my hands on an old (2a or 3 its a bit mysterious)
>> station wagon for spares. It has a non turbo isuzu diesel conversion
>> which I am not interested in. Any ideas on what the engine and adapter
>> plate etc. is worth? It is running.
>> --
>> Mark Roberts


Interestingly I was at a clearing sale yesterday and a bloke there, spotting
my Isuzu engined 110, picked my brains about the Stage 1 with Isuzu engine
- he has the opportunity to get one (table top ute), said to have a genuine
50,000km for $1500.

Note: The 4BD1 engine was not a conversion, but was a factory option on
Stage 1 Series 3s and 110s assembled in Australia from about 1980 to 1989,
and was the only engine offered on 4x4 110s except the V8 until the
Defender. 6x6 110s were fitted with the turbocharged version the 4BD1T, and
I am not sure the V8 was even offered on them - I've never seen one.
JD
 
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:31 AM
mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

In message <42a28f93$0$12456$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Samuel
<samuelmcgregor@optusnet.com.au> writes
>
>"mark" <mark@martem.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:qJiACSA2dgoCFwWt@martem.demon.co.uk...
>>
>> I may well be getting my hands on an old (2a or 3 its a bit mysterious)
>> station wagon for spares. It has a non turbo isuzu diesel conversion
>> which I am not interested in. Any ideas on what the engine and adapter
>> plate etc. is worth? It is running.
>> --
>> Mark Roberts

>
>Hello.
>
>I assume that you are in Australia?? don't think that conversion has been
>done anywhere else. in terms of value, as always, only worth what someone is
>willing to pay for it. probably not all that much demand for it, but i
>suspect the supply is equally small. probably best thing would be listing on
>Ebay. i would be very interested in it myself. Whereabouts are you (assuming
>you are in fact in Aus).
>


UK actually :)

--
Mark Roberts
 
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 12:31 AM
mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

In message <qJiACSA2dgoCFwWt@martem.demon.co.uk>, mark
<mark@martem.demon.co.uk> writes
>
>I may well be getting my hands on an old (2a or 3 its a bit mysterious)
>station wagon for spares. It has a non turbo isuzu diesel conversion
>which I am not interested in. Any ideas on what the engine and adapter
>plate etc. is worth? It is running.


OK how silly do I feel.
Finally got hold of the thing; not Isuzu at all. It is a Daihatsu 2.5
non turbo diesel conversion with adapter plate.
I do apologise but the question remains; whats it worth?
And does anyone want it?


--
Mark Roberts
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome