looking for some tools - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2005, 14:02   #1 (permalink)
Paul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
looking for some tools

now i have got my disco i am looking for some tools for when it comes to
servicing it, does anyone have any recommendations for online suppliers?
what i am after are things like oil transfer pumps, grease guns, feeler
gauges and any other special tools required for mk1 disco's. free postage
for large orders would be a bonus.

paul.


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-17-2005, 14:02   #2 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: looking for some tools

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:05:01 +0100, "Paul" <paul.olivier@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>now i have got my disco i am looking for some tools for when it comes to
>servicing it, does anyone have any recommendations for online suppliers?
>what i am after are things like oil transfer pumps, grease guns, feeler
>gauges and any other special tools required for mk1 disco's. free postage
>for large orders would be a bonus.
>
>paul.


Machine Mart and Screfix are wel worth a look in my opinion, I've used
both many times by mail order.
tooled-up.com looks reasonably priced but I've not used them.


Regards.
Mark.
--
_________________________________________
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 14:02   #3 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: looking for some tools

On or around Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:00:37 +0100, MVP
<mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> enlightened us thusly:

>On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:05:01 +0100, "Paul" <paul.olivier@ntlworld.com>
>wrote:
>
>>now i have got my disco i am looking for some tools for when it comes to
>>servicing it, does anyone have any recommendations for online suppliers?
>>what i am after are things like oil transfer pumps, grease guns, feeler
>>gauges and any other special tools required for mk1 disco's. free postage
>>for large orders would be a bonus.
>>
>>paul.

>
>Machine Mart and Screfix are wel worth a look in my opinion, I've used
>both many times by mail order.
>tooled-up.com looks reasonably priced but I've not used them.


for a very good but not cheap supplier:

http://www.jlindustrial.co.uk

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"Quos deus vult perdere, prius dementat" Euripedes, quoted in
Boswell's "Johnson".
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 17:02   #4 (permalink)
bellautos
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: looking for some tools


Personaly for the amount of time you will use them i would just pay a
visit to Halfords and get a socket set greae gun ect ect.

i have a Halfords socket set at work and i have has it for about 5 yrs
now and i still tend to use that rather than all my snap-on tools and
to be honest it does just as good as any other of my tools .

here it is http://tinyurl.com/9aozv

And buy stuff like this http://tinyurl.com/csf32

like i say there is no need to spend a fortune on tools just to do
simple maintaince on your own car

hope this helps m8


--
bellautos
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bellautos's Profile: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/member.php?userid=1405
View this thread: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/showthread.php?t=23952

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 18:02   #5 (permalink)
Ian Rawlings
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: looking for some tools

On 2005-07-17, bellautos <bellautos.1sc5kz@raggamuffinlandyzone.co.uk> wrote:

> Personaly for the amount of time you will use them i would just pay a
> visit to Halfords and get a socket set greae gun ect ect.


I've rebuilt (or nearly rebuilt) a complicated turbocharged petrol
engine as well as landy work using the halfords "professional" set,
not much point splashing out for expensive tools unless you use them
every day.

--
For every expert, there is an equal but opposite expert
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:02   #6 (permalink)
David G. Bell
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: looking for some tools

On Monday, in article
<slrnddlr8j.ega.news05@gate-int.tarcus.org.uk>
news05@tarcus.org.uk "Ian Rawlings" wrote:

> On 2005-07-17, bellautos <bellautos.1sc5kz@raggamuffinlandyzone.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Personaly for the amount of time you will use them i would just pay a
> > visit to Halfords and get a socket set greae gun ect ect.

>
> I've rebuilt (or nearly rebuilt) a complicated turbocharged petrol
> engine as well as landy work using the halfords "professional" set,
> not much point splashing out for expensive tools unless you use them
> every day.


Pretty much my experience, although something like a grease gun probably
is too likely to be a source of a greasy mess if you buy too cheap. If
you're in a rural area, don't forget the agriultural machinery dealers.
There's still a lot of ag-machinery with numerous greasing points.

--
David G. Bell -- SF Fan, Filker, and Punslinger.

"I am Number Two," said Penfold. "You are Number Six."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:02   #7 (permalink)
dewils80
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: looking for some tools


Have a look here. Sealy tools are very good, and quite cheap on this
site. They deliver promply, and usually put freebies in too.

On one order they ran out of "free footballs", so they appologised and
gave me a free 3pc set of pliers!


--
dewils80
------------------------------------------------------------------------
dewils80's Profile: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/member.php?userid=1109
View this thread: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/showthread.php?t=23952

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:02   #8 (permalink)
dewils80
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: looking for some tools


I forgot the sodding link:

http://www.justoffbase-tools.co.uk/


--
dewils80
------------------------------------------------------------------------
dewils80's Profile: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/member.php?userid=1109
View this thread: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/showthread.php?t=23952

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:02   #9 (permalink)
Ian Rawlings
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: looking for some tools

On 2005-07-18, "David G. Bell" <dbell@zhochaka.org.uk> wrote:

> Pretty much my experience, although something like a grease gun
> probably is too likely to be a source of a greasy mess if you buy
> too cheap.


Yep, I've bought 3 grease guns so far, two cheapies and one Draper one
that appears to be properly made. Got it from a bolt and tool shop in
Basingstoke that I frequent regularly (Berkshire Bolt and Tool).

--
For every expert, there is an equal but opposite expert
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 17:02   #10 (permalink)
Derry Argue
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: looking for some tools

Ian Rawlings <news05@tarcus.org.uk> wrote in
news:slrnddmscg.ega.news05@gate-int.tarcus.org.uk:

> Yep, I've bought 3 grease guns so far, two cheapies and one Draper one
> that appears to be properly made. Got it from a bolt and tool shop in
> Basingstoke that I frequent regularly (Berkshire Bolt and Tool).


Sounds like farm sales. They always put the grease guns up in multiples of
three. Presumably, just in case two don't work.

Derry
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:20.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.