Malvern show - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2005, 10:01   #1 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Malvern show

Just returned from LRO at Malvern. Great show, well organised (well mostly)
and I spent a lot less than I had feared I might.

Great thing about living in a pretty bit of the UK is that the traffic jams
at holiday season are generally viewed from the opposite carriageway. The
M4 through S Wales was crawling 3 lanes nose-to-tail from Newport to
Haverfordwest Golf Club. That must be about 100 miles.

Nice to meet Martyn, Austin, David, Simon and a few others "in the flesh"
(not calling anyone fat) for the first time. Cheers for the beers and good
time fellas.

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-29-2005, 13:01   #2 (permalink)
Simon Isaacs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Malvern show

Pleased I made the decison to travel home last night then. Last saw Martyn
relinquishing command of Grumble to Charlotte.......

--
Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
Green Lane Association (GLASS) Commercial Officer
Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, ready for sale! Make me an
offer!
Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and
mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT
Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next
1993 200 TDi Discovery
1994 200 TDi Discovery body sheel, being bobbed and modded.....
1979 Range Ruster body shell and chassis
"Richard Brookman" <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:3ngridF1e6htU1@individual.net...
> Just returned from LRO at Malvern. Great show, well organised (well
> mostly) and I spent a lot less than I had feared I might.
>
> Great thing about living in a pretty bit of the UK is that the traffic
> jams at holiday season are generally viewed from the opposite carriageway.
> The M4 through S Wales was crawling 3 lanes nose-to-tail from Newport to
> Haverfordwest Golf Club. That must be about 100 miles.
>
> Nice to meet Martyn, Austin, David, Simon and a few others "in the flesh"
> (not calling anyone fat) for the first time. Cheers for the beers and
> good time fellas.
>
> --
> Rich
> ==============================
> Disco 300 Tdi auto
> S2a 88" SW
> Tiggrr (V8 trialler)
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 14:01   #3 (permalink)
Adrian Ford
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Malvern show


"Simon Isaacs" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:devnqs$4pn$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Pleased I made the decison to travel home last night then. Last saw

Martyn
> relinquishing command of Grumble to Charlotte.......
>
> --
> Simon Isaacs
>
> Peterborough 4x4 Club Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
> Green Lane Association (GLASS) Commercial Officer
> Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, ready for sale! Make me an
> offer!
> Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and
> mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT
> Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next
> 1993 200 TDi Discovery
> 1994 200 TDi Discovery body sheel, being bobbed and modded.....
> 1979 Range Ruster body shell and chassis
> "Richard Brookman" <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:3ngridF1e6htU1@individual.net...
> > Just returned from LRO at Malvern. Great show, well organised (well
> > mostly) and I spent a lot less than I had feared I might.
> >
> > Great thing about living in a pretty bit of the UK is that the traffic
> > jams at holiday season are generally viewed from the opposite

carriageway.
> > The M4 through S Wales was crawling 3 lanes nose-to-tail from Newport to
> > Haverfordwest Golf Club. That must be about 100 miles.
> >
> > Nice to meet Martyn, Austin, David, Simon and a few others "in the

flesh"
> > (not calling anyone fat) for the first time. Cheers for the beers and
> > good time fellas.
> >


Mmmmmmm!
Having only been to one show before Billing 2004 I
thought Malvern was quiet on the Sunday when we drove down for the day.Maybe
we expected more thinking all shows were like Billing.No spectators were
allowed on the off-road course(probably for safety purposes)but it was a
nice sunny day .We drove down from Dewsbury West Yorks and had no traffic
problems at all and then to Northampton Uni Via Shakespears town and then
home.For a bank holiday Sunday we had no traffic problems at all it would
have probably taken longer to get to Batley Tesco's! My kids enjoyed the
Disco3 ride on the ramps and we spent a weeks wage on burger and chips and
watched someone driving over crushed cars in his £30,000 grand jeepy
thing.(By the way they do that on our street every saturday night in normal
road cars at twice the speed and then set fire to them for more excitement
and it costs them naff all).
Sorry as a show I was a bit disappointed maybe billing has done it to me!

Adrian Ford



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 15:01   #4 (permalink)
Graham G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Malvern show

> Sorry as a show I was a bit disappointed maybe billing has done it to me!

Have done Gaydon and Eastnor this year and I have to say I found it lacking
to both really. Gaydon had the people, if not the amount of space, and
Eastnor had it both in spades and in as nice a setting as you could want.
Was a bit dissappointed myself with LRO show. The scenery was nice though
and it was good to catch up with friends again, so in that respect it was
worth it. It was also pleasant to walk round without feeling like a sardine.
I can only attribute the poor turn out to it being a bank holiday weekend
with so many other things on. The town and country was on at stoneleigh,
which is bound to have had an impact. Further to that, fancy having it from
a Friday to Sunday, that was bound to put trade and campers off alike. Am
hoping for better things from Peterborough.

Graham


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 17:01   #5 (permalink)
Chris Naylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Malvern show

In article <devqv7$qgg$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>,
(ford@adrian131.freeserve.co.uk) muttered something along the lines of
....

>it would have probably taken longer to get to Batley Tesco's!


Tell me about it...Don't know where about's in dewsbury you are but it
took us bloody ages to get to tescos on sunday to re-stock the alcohol
supply.... and that's from the Hospital!

--
Chris Naylor
Remove your trousers to reply
http://chrisnaylor9123.fotopic.net
http://www.blogger.com/profile/11485808

Gone crazy, be back later, leave message.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:01   #6 (permalink)
Adrian Ford
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Malvern show


"Mother" <"@ {mother} @"@101fc.net> wrote in message
news:p798h1lkds84jbudf6qv008824q725ccg9@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:22:57 +0100, "Adrian Ford"
> <ford@adrian131.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Sorry as a show I was a bit disappointed maybe billing has done it to me!

>
> I liked it for all the reasons you didn't.
>
> Billing is a circus and we've now decided to drop it from our annual
> calendar altogether. I liked the clean bogs, and hot showers - each
> of which were cleaned on a frighteningly efficient basis. Litter
> pickers, frequent emptying of bins, helpful staff who were not so far
> up their own *rses not to care about the punters, lots of free stuff
> to do (including the free obstacle course) all led to me thinking it.

Martyn,
As a Yorkshireman you should know Nothings Free if you have to Pay in.As a
weekend camping and a few beers with your mates probably a great day out but
as a Impact sunday outing it lacked.
My Son asked me why is that 101 painted purple and told him the owner comes
from Sheffield and supports both wednesday and united ..

Adrian Ford




  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:01   #7 (permalink)
jermec
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Malvern show


"Richard Brookman" <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:3ngridF1e6htU1@individual.net...
> Just returned from LRO at Malvern. Great show, well organised (well
> mostly) and I spent a lot less than I had feared I might.
>
> Nice to meet Martyn, Austin, David, Simon and a few others "in the flesh"
> (not calling anyone fat) for the first time. Cheers for the beers and
> good time fellas.
>
> --
> Rich


Amen to that.
We came. We saw. We went home with stuff we Don't Really Need, But Might
Come In Handy One Day. (tm)
I spoke to a most peculiar man with a purple 101, but there were plenty of
people around so I felt safe. ;0)
We even enjoyed some of the arena stuff - that Edd Cobley's a bit quick
inne?
All in all a very pleasant, mostly relaxed day. I think next year's event
might go in the diary.

jermec, fighting a losing battle about "if *you* want a Lotus why can't *I*
have a 101?"
--
'It's not the despair, I can cope with the despair. It's the hope I can't
stand.'


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:01   #8 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Malvern show

"Mother" <"@ {mother} @"@101fc.net> wrote in message
news:shp8h15ofuvght3lpook627gfr2mn69t60@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:48:50 +0100, "jermec" <2@private.com> wrote:
>
>>jermec, fighting a losing battle about "if *you* want a Lotus why can't
>>*I*
>>have a 101?"

>
> Wrong strategy... "Of course you can have a Lotus, you can park it
> under my 101" should do it :-)
>
> Did I mention that it's a good idea to join the 101 club anyway?
> www.101club.org - you know it makes sense, and now having met you, I
> can say with a degree of certainty that you'll fit in a treat.
>


101... far more practical for those shopping trips... try getting this in
your average lotus...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z11F21B25

Kids slide....MASSIVE box :0)

Lee D


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:01   #9 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Malvern show

On or around Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:18:46 +0100, Mother <"@ {mother}
@"@101fc.net> enlightened us thusly:

>On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:31:08 +0100, "Richard Brookman"
><newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>Nice to meet Martyn, Austin, David, Simon and a few others "in the flesh"
>>(not calling anyone fat) for the first time. Cheers for the beers and good
>>time fellas.

>
>Yes indeed - happy have we met - at last :-)


aye, nice to meet people in the flesh, so to speak.
>Just put some pics up:
>
>http://www.101fc.net/lro-malvern-2005/index.htm
>


that reminds me, I should have some on the camera. Must look.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose"
Alphonse Karr (1808 - 1890) Les Guêpes, Jan 1849
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:01   #10 (permalink)
Graham G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Malvern show

> Billing is a circus and we've now decided to drop it from our annual
> calendar altogether. I liked the clean bogs, and hot showers - each
> of which were cleaned on a frighteningly efficient basis. Litter
> pickers, frequent emptying of bins, helpful staff who were not so far
> up their own *rses not to care about the punters, lots of free stuff
> to do (including the free obstacle course) all led to me thinking it
> was one of the better organised shows this year and has set a standard
> which others would do well to observe.
>
> Best bit, even though I did spend a fair amount of dosh, was I didn't
> feel the entire reason for the show was to prize my wallet open...


I would second all of that. the only thing that I found dissappointing was
the lack of variety in trade stands. I would put it on par to eastnor.
eastnor had more stands, clubs and jumble, but wasn't as well organised and
definately did aim to empty your pocket. Where as Malvern was quieter, well
run, less money orientated, but lacked the variety.

Can't really comment on billing as didn't go, but I do know what you mean by
circus.

Graham


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.