Mind if I step in? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2005, 19:02   #1 (permalink)
Gene
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mind if I step in?



Hello,

I'm in the US and was looking at our wide selection of gas guzzling
monsters and just for giggles, I clicked on the dealers basic choices
which was "Suv" and price.

Came up with nice looking Range Rovers.

Everything from $6,000-$34,000 (I'm talking used here)

So, my main question is, do they hold their value better then
American or worse?

I suspect, parts might be as hard to come by here as it is over
there.

Here's an example of what I see:

1998 Land Rover 4.6 HSE (Whatever that means)

Price: $16,977
Color: WHITE
Miles: 64,141
Body Style: 4-Door Wagon / Sport Utility

Engine: 4.6L V8 PFI 16V OHV
Transmission: AUTOMATIC


DUAL POWER SEATS,CENTER ARM REST,FRONT BUCKET SEATS,RECLINING
SEATS,LEATHER UPHOLSTERY,MEMORY SEAT(S),TRIP ODOMETER,TACHOMETER,AIR
CONDITIONING,TILT STEERING WHEEL,CRUISE CONTROL,TINTED GLASS,DRIVER
SIDE AIR BAG,CLIMATE CONTROL,PASSENGER SIDE AIR BAG,CARPETING,COURTESY
LIGHTS,ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM,CD CHANGER,INTERVAL WIPERS,REAR
DEFROSTER,HEATED SEAT(S),CONSOLE,CUP HOLDER,DRIVER SIDE REMOTE
MIRROR,MOON ROOF,BODY SIDE MOLDINGS,PREMIUM WHEELS

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-24-2005, 03:03   #2 (permalink)
beamendsltd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mind if I step in?

In message <rojmb1p9bu39orquvut0mijj24cnd1lp2t@4ax.com>
Gene <Gene@nowhere.com> wrote:

>
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm in the US and was looking at our wide selection of gas guzzling
> monsters and just for giggles, I clicked on the dealers basic choices
> which was "Suv" and price.
>
> Came up with nice looking Range Rovers.
>
> Everything from $6,000-$34,000 (I'm talking used here)
>
> So, my main question is, do they hold their value better then
> American or worse?
>


No idea on that.

> I suspect, parts might be as hard to come by here as it is over
> there.


There's at lease a dozen on-line shops selling LR parts in the
States, so no real problems getting the parts - it's just a question
of how long to get them.

>
> Here's an example of what I see:
>
> 1998 Land Rover 4.6 HSE (Whatever that means)
>
> Price: $16,977
> Color: WHITE
> Miles: 64,141
> Body Style: 4-Door Wagon / Sport Utility
>
> Engine: 4.6L V8 PFI 16V OHV
> Transmission: AUTOMATIC
>
>
> DUAL POWER SEATS,CENTER ARM REST,FRONT BUCKET SEATS,RECLINING
> SEATS,LEATHER UPHOLSTERY,MEMORY SEAT(S),TRIP ODOMETER,TACHOMETER,AIR
> CONDITIONING,TILT STEERING WHEEL,CRUISE CONTROL,TINTED GLASS,DRIVER
> SIDE AIR BAG,CLIMATE CONTROL,PASSENGER SIDE AIR BAG,CARPETING,COURTESY
> LIGHTS,ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM,CD CHANGER,INTERVAL WIPERS,REAR
> DEFROSTER,HEATED SEAT(S),CONSOLE,CUP HOLDER,DRIVER SIDE REMOTE
> MIRROR,MOON ROOF,BODY SIDE MOLDINGS,PREMIUM WHEELS
>


Richard

--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
Helping keep Land Rovers on and off the road to annoy the Lib Dems
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:01   #3 (permalink)
Steve Taylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mind if I step in?

Gene wrote:


> So, my main question is, do they hold their value better then
> American or worse?


Is a Rangie more durable ?

Steve
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:01   #4 (permalink)
hugh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mind if I step in?

In message <rojmb1p9bu39orquvut0mijj24cnd1lp2t@4ax.com>, Gene
<Gene@nowhere.com> writes
>
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm in the US and was looking at our wide selection of gas guzzling
>monsters and just for giggles, I clicked on the dealers basic choices
>which was "Suv" and price.
>
> Came up with nice looking Range Rovers.
>
> Everything from $6,000-$34,000 (I'm talking used here)
>
> So, my main question is, do they hold their value better then
>American or worse?
>
> I suspect, parts might be as hard to come by here as it is over
>there.
>
> Here's an example of what I see:
>
> 1998 Land Rover 4.6 HSE (Whatever that means)
>

[1]
> Price: $16,977
>Color: WHITE
>Miles: 64,141
>Body Style: 4-Door Wagon / Sport Utility
>
>Engine: 4.6L V8 PFI 16V OHV
>Transmission: AUTOMATIC
>
>
>DUAL POWER SEATS,CENTER ARM REST,FRONT BUCKET SEATS,RECLINING
>SEATS,LEATHER UPHOLSTERY,MEMORY SEAT(S),TRIP ODOMETER,TACHOMETER,AIR
>CONDITIONING,TILT STEERING WHEEL,CRUISE CONTROL,TINTED GLASS,DRIVER
>SIDE AIR BAG,CLIMATE CONTROL,PASSENGER SIDE AIR BAG,CARPETING,COURTESY
>LIGHTS,ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM,CD CHANGER,INTERVAL WIPERS,REAR
>DEFROSTER,HEATED SEAT(S),CONSOLE,CUP HOLDER,DRIVER SIDE REMOTE
>MIRROR,MOON ROOF,BODY SIDE MOLDINGS,PREMIUM WHEELS
>

[1] HSE means you don't need to list all the features which you have
typed in just above.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid at the time of posting
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 06:01   #5 (permalink)
SpamTrapSeeSig
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mind if I step in?

In article <21koqAP3tBvCFAOq@raefell.demon.co.uk>, hugh
<hugh@[127.0.0.1]> writes
>>DUAL POWER SEATS,CENTER ARM REST,FRONT BUCKET SEATS,RECLINING
>>SEATS,LEATHER UPHOLSTERY,MEMORY SEAT(S),TRIP ODOMETER,TACHOMETER,AIR
>>CONDITIONING,TILT STEERING WHEEL,CRUISE CONTROL,TINTED GLASS,DRIVER
>>SIDE AIR BAG,CLIMATE CONTROL,PASSENGER SIDE AIR BAG,CARPETING,COURTESY
>>LIGHTS,ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM,CD CHANGER,INTERVAL WIPERS,REAR
>>DEFROSTER,HEATED SEAT(S),CONSOLE,CUP HOLDER,DRIVER SIDE REMOTE
>>MIRROR,MOON ROOF,BODY SIDE MOLDINGS,PREMIUM WHEELS
>>

>[1] HSE means you don't need to list all the features which you have
>typed in just above.


What's more, if you get a Defender (which has the third seat in the
front) and have an eight-year-old daughter (as I do), you won't need the
cup holder either.

But she does complain her arm gets tired on long journeys...

Regards,

Simonm.

--
simonm|at|muircom|dot|demon|.|c|oh|dot|u|kay
SIMON MUIR, UK INDEPENDENCE PARTY, BRISTOL www.ukip.org
EUROPEANS AGAINST THE EU www.members.aol.com/eurofaq
GT250A'76 R80/RT'86 110CSW TD'88 www.kc3ltd.co.uk/profile/eurofollie/
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:00.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.