muddied waters - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 19:02   #1 (permalink)
William Tasso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
muddied waters

Greetings One and All

On the trail of the new water pump &c.

Tell me if you can of the link between these two pages ...

https://www.land-rover-parts-shop.co...0/6/10/14/1537

http://www.mansfieldmotorsltd.co.uk/.../0/6/11/13/816

I wonder if this is collaboration, collusion, plagiarism or fraud? In any
event I now don't feel as though I can place my trust in either site
without some reasonable explanation.

If the product pages above aren't enough, then consider these pages ....

https://www.land-rover-parts-shop.com/shop/en/

http://www.mansfieldmotorsltd.co.uk/shop/en/

Perhaps someone here as previous experience of either company?
--
William Tasso

110 V8
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2005, 02:01   #2 (permalink)
Matthew Maddock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: muddied waters

William Tasso wrote:
> Greetings One and All
>
> On the trail of the new water pump &c.
>
> Tell me if you can of the link between these two pages ...
>
> https://www.land-rover-parts-shop.co...0/6/10/14/1537
>
>
> http://www.mansfieldmotorsltd.co.uk/.../0/6/11/13/816
>
>
> I wonder if this is collaboration, collusion, plagiarism or fraud? In
> any event I now don't feel as though I can place my trust in either site
> without some reasonable explanation.
>
> If the product pages above aren't enough, then consider these pages ....
>
> https://www.land-rover-parts-shop.com/shop/en/
>
> http://www.mansfieldmotorsltd.co.uk/shop/en/
>
> Perhaps someone here as previous experience of either company?
> --William Tasso
>
> 110 V8


Probably using the same "shopping cart" back-end software. I see
it all the time. Looks like a cheap-n-nasty CGI script or something
that you can pick up for free (or very cheaply at least) off the
web and just add your own products to the system. If you look around a
lot of online "shops" you will see many that appear the same as they
just run the same software. Could be that some web designer dude has
gone round to both these places and offered to setup their
websites - hence why they look similar.

In fact, being a real sad (EX)techie, I just took a look at the DNS
records and found that LRPS.com is pointing to the same server that
MM does, and it appears that they are both run through "muddyweb.com"
who look like they specialise in website design for LR sites, which
would explain why the two sites look similar!

I wouldn't let it put you off of these places.

I've used MM before and I don't recall having any problems.

Matt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:01   #3 (permalink)
EMB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: muddied waters

Matthew Maddock wrote:

> In fact, being a real sad (EX)techie, I just took a look at the DNS
> records and found that LRPS.com is pointing to the same server that
> MM does,


And in fact both domains are registered to the same company.


--
EMB
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:01   #4 (permalink)
William Tasso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: muddied waters

EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Matthew Maddock wrote:
>
>> In fact, being a real sad (EX)techie, I just took a look at the DNS
>> records and found that LRPS.com is pointing to the same server that
>> MM does,

>
> And in fact both domains are registered to the same company.


I clocked they had the same name servers, but they appear to be hosted in
separate data centres.

--
William Tasso
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
William Tasso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: muddied waters

William Tasso <spamblocked@tbdata.com> wrote:

> ...
> On the trail of the new water pump &c. ...


Went back to basics and contacted Craddocks (for all the usual warm
fuzzies).

Just a little disappointed that they appear to have become a true dot.com
outfit - not in stock, that'll be 2/3 days sir.

Distribution efficiencies are still lagging way behind my expectations and
holding back this interweb thingy. How difficult is it to have items
despatched from their actual location to the desired destination?

oh well. maybe there'll be a nice warm snap when I get the parts.

--
William Tasso
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:01   #6 (permalink)
beamendsltd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: muddied waters

In message <op.s1qcyok93jnr2w-wnt@tbdata.com>
"William Tasso" <spamblocked@tbdata.com> wrote:

> William Tasso <spamblocked@tbdata.com> wrote:
>
> > ...
> > On the trail of the new water pump &c. ...

>
> Went back to basics and contacted Craddocks (for all the usual warm
> fuzzies).
>
> Just a little disappointed that they appear to have become a true dot.com
> outfit - not in stock, that'll be 2/3 days sir.
>
> Distribution efficiencies are still lagging way behind my expectations and
> holding back this interweb thingy. How difficult is it to have items
> despatched from their actual location to the desired destination?
>
> oh well. maybe there'll be a nice warm snap when I get the parts.
>


You could try elsewhere (hint).

Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk sales@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
Powered by Risc-OS - you won't get a virus from us!!
Boycott the Yorkshire Dales - No Play, No Pay
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:01   #7 (permalink)
William Tasso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: muddied waters

beamendsltd <beamendsltd@btconnect.com> wrote:

> In message <op.s1qcyok93jnr2w-wnt@tbdata.com>
> "William Tasso" <spamblocked@tbdata.com> wrote:
>>
>> ...
>> oh well. maybe there'll be a nice warm snap when I get the parts.
>>

>
> You could try elsewhere (hint).


well, I did leave enough hints lying around in this group that I was in
the market. got the impression at one point that I was having one of
those invisible moments - you know the type of thing ... white 110 on a
well lit street and the daft buggers just don't seem to notice you are
there - sometimes have those on the bike I know, but in a /white/ 110? :)

--
William Tasso

110 V8
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:02   #8 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: muddied waters

On or around Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:50:16 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd
<beamendsltd@btconnect.com> enlightened us thusly:

>>

>
>You could try elsewhere (hint).


teehee.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
Satisfying: Satisfy your inner child by eating ten tubes of Smarties
from the Little Book of Complete B***ocks by Alistair Beaton.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 16:01   #9 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: muddied waters

William Tasso <spamblocked@tbdata.com> uttered summat worrerz funny
about:
> beamendsltd <beamendsltd@btconnect.com> wrote:
>
>> In message <op.s1qcyok93jnr2w-wnt@tbdata.com>
>> "William Tasso" <spamblocked@tbdata.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ...
>>> oh well. maybe there'll be a nice warm snap when I get the parts.
>>>

>>
>> You could try elsewhere (hint).

>
> well, I did leave enough hints lying around in this group that I was
> in the market. got the impression at one point that I was having one
> of those invisible moments - you know the type of thing ... white 110
> on a well lit street and the daft buggers just don't seem to notice
> you are there - sometimes have those on the bike I know, but in a
> /white/ 110? :)


Given you both drive white 110's I feel neither of you can see it other...
perhaphs some smoke may help.

:-)

Lee D


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 17:02   #10 (permalink)
William Tasso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: muddied waters

Lee_D <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:

> ...
> Given you both drive white 110's I feel neither of you can see it
> other...
> perhaphs some smoke may help.
>
> :-)


red arrows style? foolish boy :)

no smoke, plenty steam :(

--
William Tasso
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:33.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.