Oil pressure gauge - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005, 16:01   #1 (permalink)
Nick Williams
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Oil pressure gauge

I'm looking for an oil pressure gauge which will fit the
50.something-or-other mm dia. hole in my 1990 90 dashboard where the clock
would be if it were a more up market model (i.e. it needs to be the same size
as the fuel and temperature gauges).

There are lots of hydraulic bits about which have the right pressure display
range, but I haven't found one which is the right size yet. Anyone know where
I can get 'the right thing' or if it's a standard part to those who know the
LR part number?

Nick.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-31-2005, 00:02   #2 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Oil pressure gauge

On or around Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:22:46 +0000, Nick Williams
<nick.williams@conformance.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>I'm looking for an oil pressure gauge which will fit the
>50.something-or-other mm dia. hole in my 1990 90 dashboard where the clock
>would be if it were a more up market model (i.e. it needs to be the same size
>as the fuel and temperature gauges).
>
>There are lots of hydraulic bits about which have the right pressure display
>range, but I haven't found one which is the right size yet. Anyone know where
>I can get 'the right thing' or if it's a standard part to those who know the
>LR part number?


they're 52mm diameter. most motor accessory places list 'em. Generally I
prefer the kind with a pipe to the gauge (although they can be more
difficult to fit) but you can get electric gauges with a sender on the
engine.

Here's one:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...code=R/PP10BLA
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
Satisfying: Satisfy your inner child by eating ten tubes of Smarties
from the Little Book of Complete B***ocks by Alistair Beaton.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:01   #3 (permalink)
Nick Williams
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Oil pressure gauge

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:30:42 +0000, Austin Shackles wrote
(in article <8mhbm151fj32ttsv40lifs06k6c8o5iefn@4ax.com>):

> On or around Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:22:46 +0000, Nick Williams
> <nick.williams@conformance.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:
>
>> I'm looking for an oil pressure gauge which will fit the
>> 50.something-or-other mm dia. hole in my 1990 90 dashboard where the clock
>> would be if it were a more up market model (i.e. it needs to be the same
>> size
>> as the fuel and temperature gauges).
>>
>> There are lots of hydraulic bits about which have the right pressure
>> display
>> range, but I haven't found one which is the right size yet. Anyone know
>> where
>> I can get 'the right thing' or if it's a standard part to those who know
>> the
>> LR part number?

>
> they're 52mm diameter. most motor accessory places list 'em. Generally I
> prefer the kind with a pipe to the gauge (although they can be more
> difficult to fit) but you can get electric gauges with a sender on the
> engine.
>
> Here's one:
>
>

http://www.demon-
tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=R/PP10
> BLA
>


Thanks Austin, but blimey, they ain't exactly cheap are they!

Nick.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 14:01   #4 (permalink)
David_LLAMA4x4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Oil pressure gauge


"Austin Shackles" <austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote in message
news:8mhbm151fj32ttsv40lifs06k6c8o5iefn@4ax.com...
> On or around Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:22:46 +0000, Nick Williams
> <nick.williams@conformance.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:
>
> >I'm looking for an oil pressure gauge which will fit the
> >50.something-or-other mm dia. hole in my 1990 90 dashboard where the

clock
> >would be if it were a more up market model (i.e. it needs to be the same

size
> >as the fuel and temperature gauges).
> >
> >There are lots of hydraulic bits about which have the right pressure

display
> >range, but I haven't found one which is the right size yet. Anyone know

where
> >I can get 'the right thing' or if it's a standard part to those who know

the
> >LR part number?

>
> they're 52mm diameter. most motor accessory places list 'em. Generally I
> prefer the kind with a pipe to the gauge (although they can be more
> difficult to fit) but you can get electric gauges with a sender on the
> engine.
>
> Here's one:
>
>

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...code=R/PP10BLA
> --
> Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
> Satisfying: Satisfy your inner child by eating ten tubes of Smarties
> from the Little Book of Complete B***ocks by Alistair Beaton.




U sell a capillery one ( as mention by Austin ) for 19.95 plus delivery.
It is a TIM gauge - comes with the capillery tube but really needs a T piece
as well so you can keep your pressure switch for the warning light ( about
3 )

Email or phone 01938.850382 for more info....

David
LLAMA 4x4
www.motorsport-plumbing.co.uk
www.llama4x4.co.uk


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:01   #5 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Oil pressure gauge

On or around Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:54:22 -0000, "David_LLAMA4x4"
<david@llama4x4.freeserve.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>
>
>
> U sell a capillery one ( as mention by Austin ) for 19.95 plus delivery.
>It is a TIM gauge - comes with the capillery tube but really needs a T piece
>as well so you can keep your pressure switch for the warning light ( about
>3 )
>
> Email or phone 01938.850382 for more info....



Couldn't find TIM ones online at the time and I was about to go out. They
are indeed cheaper, I've had 'em before.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink;
Good wine, a friend, or being dry, Or lest we should be by and by;
Or any other reason why. - Henry Aldrich (1647 - 1710)
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:28.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.