OT. Mondeo alarm - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #1 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
OT. Mondeo alarm

Off topic (But a Ford!) Just bought a 1995 Mondeo today to use as a cheap
runaround. We cant turn the alarm off (didnt get a handbook with it). Anyone
here with the same car that can tell us what to do? BTW it hasnt got remote
control locking.
Thanks
Richard


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #2 (permalink)
Pete Foster
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT. Mondeo alarm

"Richard" <NO.SPAM@AT.NOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ABlYd.47542$Bk7.26242@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Off topic (But a Ford!) Just bought a 1995 Mondeo today to use as a cheap
> runaround. We cant turn the alarm off (didnt get a handbook with it).

Anyone
> here with the same car that can tell us what to do? BTW it hasnt got

remote
> control locking.


I know this can be done, but can't remember the exact sequence (it's a while
since I've owned a Mondeo).

IIRC you have to press the bonnet switch ten times really quickly then do
stuff with the ignition switch. Details are in the Haynes manual.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

--
Pete


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #3 (permalink)
SiK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT. Mondeo alarm


"Richard" <NO.SPAM@AT.NOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ABlYd.47542$Bk7.26242@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Off topic (But a Ford!) Just bought a 1995 Mondeo today to use as a cheap
> runaround. We cant turn the alarm off (didnt get a handbook with it).

Anyone
> here with the same car that can tell us what to do? BTW it hasnt got

remote
> control locking.
> Thanks
> Richard


as we have two mondeos (yes I know, blue oval, green oval) try

www.fordmondeo.org

and look in the workshop section

Si



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:14   #4 (permalink)
Dave Liquorice
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT. Mondeo alarm

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:39:28 GMT, Richard wrote:

> Off topic (But a Ford!) Just bought a 1995 Mondeo today to use as a
> cheap runaround. We cant turn the alarm off ...


Don't double lock it? That is only turn the key to lock the door don't
turn it to unlock first then lock it. Seemed to work for an
intermittent fault on mine that may have been related to the interior
protection.

From the Haynes Manual page 12.19:

8 The alarm system incorparates a self-test function, which can be
activated by operating the bonnet switch or one of the lock posistion
switches 8 times in 10 seconds. During the check, the horn or buzzer
issues acoustic signals which should occur every time a door, bonnet
or tailgate is opened. If the doors are double-locked, the signal will
occure when something is moved within the passenger compartment. A
more comprehensive test can be made using the Ford FDS 2000 Diagnostic
tester.

--
Cheers new5pam@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:14   #5 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT. Mondeo alarm

Thanks for your reply. I think I've found the problem - its the drivers door
switch. Seems it will set the alarm but not unset it. I locked it with the
drivers door but unlocked it with the passenger door and it was fine. So I
am assuming its the drivers door switch playing up.
Richard



"Dave Liquorice" <new5pam@howhill.com> wrote in message
news:nyyfbegfubjuvyypbz.id9nzr0.pminews@news.howhill.com...
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:39:28 GMT, Richard wrote:
>
>> Off topic (But a Ford!) Just bought a 1995 Mondeo today to use as a
>> cheap runaround. We cant turn the alarm off ...

>
> Don't double lock it? That is only turn the key to lock the door don't
> turn it to unlock first then lock it. Seemed to work for an
> intermittent fault on mine that may have been related to the interior
> protection.
>
> From the Haynes Manual page 12.19:
>
> 8 The alarm system incorparates a self-test function, which can be
> activated by operating the bonnet switch or one of the lock posistion
> switches 8 times in 10 seconds. During the check, the horn or buzzer
> issues acoustic signals which should occur every time a door, bonnet
> or tailgate is opened. If the doors are double-locked, the signal will
> occure when something is moved within the passenger compartment. A
> more comprehensive test can be made using the Ford FDS 2000 Diagnostic
> tester.
>
> --
> Cheers new5pam@howhill.com
> Dave. pam is missing e-mail
>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:14   #6 (permalink)
Dave Liquorice
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT. Mondeo alarm

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:57:46 GMT, Richard wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. I think I've found the problem - its the
> drivers door switch. Seems it will set the alarm but not unset it. I
> locked it with the drivers door but unlocked it with the passenger
> door and it was fine. So I am assuming its the drivers door switch
> playing up.


Could be, had that switch fail on mine. The switch is cheap and
located behind the lock barrel IIRC. Biggest hassel is the removal of
the interior door panel trim and the plastic sealing sheet to gain
access.

--
Cheers new5pam@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.