OT: Non-stick paint - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-05, 03:01 AM
Dave P
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
OT: Non-stick paint

Rule of Tim says someone's got to know...

I have a ride-on mower which keeps getting clogged up with grass mulch
because the underneath surface of the deck is rusty and rough. When I
finally get it clean, I want to paint it with something that will stop
the grass sticking so much. I'm looking for a paint which is a)
non-stick as far as possible, and b) tough as old boots, as the sticks,
stones and general crap that the blades kick up have removed most of
the original paint - hence the rust. I'm not a big fan of hammerite,
but that might do it. I would be happy to repaint it say once a year.

Anyone any ideas?

Thank you

DaveP



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-05, 06:01 AM
Paul S. Brown
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Non-stick paint

Dave P wrote:

> Rule of Tim says someone's got to know...
>
> I have a ride-on mower which keeps getting clogged up with grass mulch
> because the underneath surface of the deck is rusty and rough. When I
> finally get it clean, I want to paint it with something that will stop
> the grass sticking so much. I'm looking for a paint which is a)
> non-stick as far as possible, and b) tough as old boots, as the
> sticks, stones and general crap that the blades kick up have removed
> most of
> the original paint - hence the rust. I'm not a big fan of hammerite,
> but that might do it. I would be happy to repaint it say once a year.
>
> Anyone any ideas?
>


PTFE based marine antifouling (Normally sold as "Racing") should do the
job quite nicely.

Available from any yacht chandler.

P;.
 
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-05, 06:01 AM
Paul S. Brown
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Non-stick paint

Mother wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:08:31 +0100, "Paul S. Brown"
> <usenet060103@geekstuff.tv> wrote:
>
>>PTFE based marine antifouling (Normally sold as "Racing") should do
>>the job quite nicely.

>
> As an aside, how do they get Teflon to stick to frying pans?
>
>


They acid-bath the pan which creates lots of pits in the metal surface
which allow the PTFE something to mechanically jam into - sort of (but
not very) like anodising.

P.
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-05, 06:01 AM
AJG
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Non-stick paint

In message <7lpfj19povdc23fc1hb4mop43ctmv99ts8@4ax.com>, Mother <"@
{mother} @"@101fc.net> writes
>On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:08:31 +0100, "Paul S. Brown"
><usenet060103@geekstuff.tv> wrote:
>
>>PTFE based marine antifouling (Normally sold as "Racing") should do the
>>job quite nicely.

>
>As an aside, how do they get Teflon to stick to frying pans?
>
>

Acid etch then lots of froopy processing! :-)
--
AndyG
 
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-05, 01:01 PM
Tim Hobbs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Non-stick paint

On 26 Sep 2005 02:11:14 -0700, "Dave P" <davepseudonym@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Rule of Tim says someone's got to know...
>
>I have a ride-on mower which keeps getting clogged up with grass mulch
>because the underneath surface of the deck is rusty and rough. When I
>finally get it clean, I want to paint it with something that will stop
>the grass sticking so much. I'm looking for a paint which is a)
>non-stick as far as possible, and b) tough as old boots, as the sticks,
>stones and general crap that the blades kick up have removed most of
>the original paint - hence the rust. I'm not a big fan of hammerite,
>but that might do it. I would be happy to repaint it say once a year.
>
>Anyone any ideas?
>
>Thank you
>
>DaveP


Can't help, but it puts me in mind of an old mate of my Dad's, who was
a painter and decorator in a factory in the day's when factories had
their own such. A colleague came to him and said he'd glossed all his
woodwork at home - after a week still hadn't dried. What could he do?

"Stop stealing my f**king paint" was the answer...


--

Tim Hobbs

'58 Series 2 88" aka "Stig"
'03 Volvo V70
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome