OT / ROT: Display boards - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2005, 05:01   #1 (permalink)
Mother
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
OT / ROT: Display boards

Having printed out some info on our colour laser printer, then stuck
it onto 'corex' plastic boards, the display looked smashing in my
office.

However, the paper went all wrinkly and started peeling once at the
show. My guess is change in temperature, moisure (ambient) causing
deformation.

So, is there an easy way of doing this - or a 'pro tip' I should know?

I've been using UHU spray contact adhesive after having given up on
Spray Mount. I was thinking about using wallpaper adhesive. The
print won't 'run' as it's laser printed, but I dunno if this will
stick to the plasic boards...

Never having done this kind of thing before, I'm frustrated and
somewhat baffled as to what to try next.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-04-2005, 06:01   #2 (permalink)
Paul - xxx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT / ROT: Display boards

Mother" <"@ {m} @ came up with the following;:
> Having printed out some info on our colour laser printer, then stuck
> it onto 'corex' plastic boards, the display looked smashing in my
> office.
>
> However, the paper went all wrinkly and started peeling once at the
> show. My guess is change in temperature, moisure (ambient) causing
> deformation.
>
> So, is there an easy way of doing this - or a 'pro tip' I should know?
>
> I've been using UHU spray contact adhesive after having given up on
> Spray Mount. I was thinking about using wallpaper adhesive. The
> print won't 'run' as it's laser printed, but I dunno if this will
> stick to the plasic boards...
>
> Never having done this kind of thing before, I'm frustrated and
> somewhat baffled as to what to try next.


We've successfully run outdoor meetings with small notices A4 / A3 size
laser printed, then laminated. They are weatherproof for a weekend or more
...

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!
For Sale on Ebay
5771988658

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:01   #3 (permalink)
Mark Solesbury
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT / ROT: Display boards

The reason for the wrinkly effect is because the paper you have used is
absorbing the moisture out of the glue/air, when it dries the paper
contracts causing it to deform. you'd be better off using inkjet (> 180gsm),
which has a resin base as this will not absorb water, and hence not wrinkle.



"Mother" <"@ {m} @"@101fc.net> wrote in message
news:1fch71tpbd4fm7m2i4tpn59qh6bi16dvcr@4ax.com...
> Having printed out some info on our colour laser printer, then stuck
> it onto 'corex' plastic boards, the display looked smashing in my
> office.
>
> However, the paper went all wrinkly and started peeling once at the
> show. My guess is change in temperature, moisure (ambient) causing
> deformation.
>
> So, is there an easy way of doing this - or a 'pro tip' I should know?
>
> I've been using UHU spray contact adhesive after having given up on
> Spray Mount. I was thinking about using wallpaper adhesive. The
> print won't 'run' as it's laser printed, but I dunno if this will
> stick to the plasic boards...
>
> Never having done this kind of thing before, I'm frustrated and
> somewhat baffled as to what to try next.



  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:01   #4 (permalink)
Neil Brownlee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT / ROT: Display boards

Martyn,

On the mud-club boards we laminate all the pics b4 attaching.

--
Neil


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:01   #5 (permalink)
Tim Hobbs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT / ROT: Display boards

On Wed, 04 May 2005 12:33:29 +0100, Mother <"@ {m} @"@101fc.net>
wrote:

>Having printed out some info on our colour laser printer, then stuck
>it onto 'corex' plastic boards, the display looked smashing in my
>office.
>
>However, the paper went all wrinkly and started peeling once at the
>show. My guess is change in temperature, moisure (ambient) causing
>deformation.
>
>So, is there an easy way of doing this - or a 'pro tip' I should know?
>
>I've been using UHU spray contact adhesive after having given up on
>Spray Mount. I was thinking about using wallpaper adhesive. The
>print won't 'run' as it's laser printed, but I dunno if this will
>stick to the plasic boards...
>
>Never having done this kind of thing before, I'm frustrated and
>somewhat baffled as to what to try next.


We have ours done at a place called Word 4 Word in Rotherham. The
last ones I did were 2 metres high by 800mm wide. They cost me about
90 each, BUT the biggest part of the cost is the stand that holds
them up. You are fortunate in that you know someone who has half a
dozen of them....


--

Tim Hobbs

'58 Series 2 88" aka "Stig"
'77 101FC Ambulance aka "Burrt"
'03 Volvo V70
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:01   #6 (permalink)
Mother
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT / ROT: Display boards

On Thu, 05 May 2005 10:43:59 +0100, Tim Hobbs
<tim@101ambulance-urine.net> wrote:

>We have ours done at a place called Word 4 Word in Rotherham. The
>last ones I did were 2 metres high by 800mm wide. They cost me about
>90 each, BUT the biggest part of the cost is the stand that holds
>them up. You are fortunate in that you know someone who has half a
>dozen of them....


Ooohhh.... More info needed ASAP :-)

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:01   #7 (permalink)
Tim Hobbs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT / ROT: Display boards

On Thu, 05 May 2005 11:40:41 +0100, Mother <"@ {m} @"@101fc.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 05 May 2005 10:43:59 +0100, Tim Hobbs
><tim@101ambulance-urine.net> wrote:
>
>>We have ours done at a place called Word 4 Word in Rotherham. The
>>last ones I did were 2 metres high by 800mm wide. They cost me about
>>90 each, BUT the biggest part of the cost is the stand that holds
>>them up. You are fortunate in that you know someone who has half a
>>dozen of them....

>
>Ooohhh.... More info needed ASAP :-)


What do you need to know...

They can (if you are a regliar customer) do them same day, but 48
hours is fine. They can do the artwork if you wish, but bung them an
EPS file and they are even happier.

The material is a matte vinyl type of thing, and they print directly
on. I believe it is watertight, but we tend to demonstrate our
computers out of the rain (!) so I haven't really tested that.

The whole thing folds into a bag about the size of a really small
tent. It's basically an 800mm clip that the vinyl slots into, then a
2 metre pole up the back (collapsible of course) that holds it at the
top. Tension keeps it straight. In a wind they would blow away, so
you just need to put a weight on the bottom.

I've got some pictures of ours somewhere, but not here. I'll mail
them over tonight when I'm back in GOC....


--

Tim Hobbs

'58 Series 2 88" aka "Stig"
'77 101FC Ambulance aka "Burrt"
'03 Volvo V70
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:01   #8 (permalink)
Mother
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT / ROT: Display boards

On Thu, 05 May 2005 12:51:04 +0100, Tim Hobbs
<tim@101ambulance-urine.net> wrote:

>I've got some pictures of ours somewhere, but not here. I'll mail
>them over tonight when I'm back in GOC....


Ta muchly :-)

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:42.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.