Petrol & Diesel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2005, 12:02   #1 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Petrol & Diesel

Just been sent this and not for the first time... thoughts??

POWER TO THE PEOPLE...

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are
hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with
paying 1 a ltr.

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain
day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil
companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for
them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan
that can really work.

Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC
nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is
CHEAP,

we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control
the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up
more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is
if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!
And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two
biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce
their prices.

If they reduce their prices,the other companies will have to follow
suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso
and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this
point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach
millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and
those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and
so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of
people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends
each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes

one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED Again, all
You have to do is send this to 10 people.
That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP)
How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one
day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
contacted within the next
8days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did
you!

Acting together we can make a difference.
If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE
RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy
your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc.
i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2005, 13:01   #2 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Petrol & Diesel

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:30:39 +0100, "Lee_D"
<newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:

>Just been sent this and not for the first time... thoughts??
>


My sister recently got a computer and the first thing she sent me was
this.
welcome to the internet eh.

--
Mark.
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.4x4info.info
www.shoot-to-thrill.com



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 13:01   #3 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Petrol & Diesel

what a load of cr*p. esso and bp are not one as it says. and guess who
supplies tesco, asda....etc?



"Mother" <"@ {mother} @"@101fc.net> wrote in message
news:fiibi1hvrmecr2h1njrdgq20k0v6gfgej7@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:30:39 +0100, "Lee_D"
> <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:
>
>>Just been sent this and not for the first time... thoughts??

>
> "Oh no, not again" ?
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 13:01   #4 (permalink)
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Petrol & Diesel

Evening all, Ah but if we all did stop using the Esso and BP forecourt pumps
although they supply other fuel suppliers do you not think this would have a
impact on their direct sales to car users,
Only my thought, as the price is starting to get a bit much..

Rich

--
To reply remove " spam "
"MVP" <mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> wrote in message
news:rekbi1tbb41s1ega7aq5uqe3fm2r8tos37@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:30:39 +0100, "Lee_D"
> <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:
>
> >Just been sent this and not for the first time... thoughts??
> >

>
> My sister recently got a computer and the first thing she sent me was
> this.
> welcome to the internet eh.
>
> --
> Mark.
> www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
> www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
> www.4x4info.info
> www.shoot-to-thrill.com
>
>
>
> ................................................................
> Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
> >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

> -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 13:01   #5 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Petrol & Diesel

so MVP was, like...
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:30:39 +0100, "Lee_D"
> <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> wrote:
>
>> Just been sent this and not for the first time... thoughts??
>>

>
> My sister recently got a computer and the first thing she sent me was
> this.
> welcome to the internet eh.


You'll be having one of those hoax virus scare mailings soon. She'll learn
in a year or two.

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 14:04   #6 (permalink)
GbH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Petrol & Diesel

In news:3olvqgF6j7f6U1@individual.net,
Lee_D <newsgroupNOSPAM@NOSPAMlrproject.com> blithered:
> Just been sent this and not for the first time... thoughts??
>
> POWER TO THE PEOPLE...
>
> See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are
> hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with
> paying 1 a ltr.
>
> Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:
>
> This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain
> day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil
> companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
> continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.
>
> It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for
> them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan
> that can really work.
>
> Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC
> nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is
> CHEAP,
>
> we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control
> the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up
> more each day, we consumers need to take action.
>
> The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is
> if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!
> And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:
>
> For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two
> biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.
>
> If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce
> their prices.
>
> If they reduce their prices,the other companies will have to follow
> suit.
>
> But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso
> and BP petrol buyers.
>
> It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this
> point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach
> millions of people!!
>
> I am sending this note to a lot of people.
>
> If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and
> those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and
> so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of
> people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!
>
> If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends
> each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes
>
> one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED Again, all
> You have to do is send this to 10 people.
> That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP)
> How long would all that take?
>
> If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one
> day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
> contacted within the next
> 8days!!!
>
> I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did
> you!
>
> Acting together we can make a difference.
> If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
>
> PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE
> RANGE
>
> It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy
> your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc.
> i.e. boycott BP and Esso.
>
> POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!


Thought we had this conversation a little while ago when I posted it!

A comment, since the tax burden on fuel is currently around 63ppl How are the
suppliers going to be able to provide you with go juice out of 6ppl for
everything?



--
"He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt her doing it."

If at first you don't succeed,
maybe skydiving's not for you!


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 15:01   #7 (permalink)
Lee_D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Petrol & Diesel

"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message
news:4325e531$0$17469$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
> A comment, since the tax burden on fuel is currently around 63ppl How are
> the suppliers going to be able to provide you with go juice out of 6ppl
> for everything?


Dunno but the person wrote the text must have had 69 in his/her head for
some reason......

Lee D


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 15:01   #8 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Petrol & Diesel

ooooo, sorry sir !


"Mother" <"@ {mother} @"@101fc.net> wrote in message
news:j4lbi1tu7nprbb77kkmsooakpq67c5al6n@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:07:52 GMT, "Richard" <NO.SPAM@AT.NOSPAM.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>>what a load of cr*p.

>
> as is your ability to quote properly.
>
> as is your ability to post properly.
>
> as is your ability to snip properly.
>
> Otherwise, yes, I agree with you...
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 16:01   #9 (permalink)
Tom Woods
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Petrol & Diesel

I didnt buy any petrol tonight as there are big ****ing queues
everywhere, and my car is now running on fumes :(

Some bastard decided that he would queue across the end of the
sideroad i was trying to get out of too. That wasted 20 minutes of my
life.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 17:01   #10 (permalink)
Bob Hobden
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Petrol & Diesel


"Lee_D" wrote> ((big snips))
>
> For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two
> biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.


Seeing as 80% of the price is tax, for every 1p increase the Co's make the
Government increase it by 4p. So why hit the oil companies when the price
they charge has risen due to the world price in oil rising for various
reasons, including increased car use in the 3rd world.
The people to hit are the Government for not reducing the tax % in this case
or making it a static tax that doesn't rise with the price.
But then they wouldn't be getting this windfall in Tax from motorists to
fill the huge hole in their economic policies.

--
Regards
Bob
In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:24.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.