Proud new owner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2005, 17:01   #1 (permalink)
John Oakes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Proud new owner

Hello Gang.
As you will see below I know own a F Reg V8 110 CWS.
Gave it a spin from Landrover Centre on M62 to Manchester and
it was joy to have some power at last. Had fun getting there though.
Fog Rain Trying keeping up with traffic a very slow 2 1/4, nearly
getting lost in the process. But I digress Hooray anyway.
--
-
Compliments

John N Oakes
Manchester, England.

=============================
! Nightshift Morelock Worker!
! Landrover 110 V8 1989 !
! Atari/Win/Mac User !
=============================
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-15-2005, 01:01   #2 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Proud new owner

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:48:40 +0100, John Oakes
<doyenePLEASEREMOVEME@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Hello Gang.
> As you will see below I know own a F Reg V8 110 CWS.
>Gave it a spin from Landrover Centre on M62 to Manchester and
>it was joy to have some power at last. Had fun getting there though.
>Fog Rain Trying keeping up with traffic a very slow 2 1/4, nearly
>getting lost in the process. But I digress Hooray anyway.


<monty burns>
eeeexcellent
</monty burns>


Regards.
Mark.
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
charity calendar project -
http://www.4x4info.info/calendar/
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:01   #3 (permalink)
Mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Proud new owner

MVP wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:48:40 +0100, John Oakes
> <doyenePLEASEREMOVEME@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>
>>Hello Gang.
>> As you will see below I know own a F Reg V8 110 CWS.
>>Gave it a spin from Landrover Centre on M62 to Manchester and
>>it was joy to have some power at last. Had fun getting there though.
>>Fog Rain Trying keeping up with traffic a very slow 2 1/4, nearly
>>getting lost in the process. But I digress Hooray anyway.

>
>
> <monty burns>
> eeeexcellent
> </monty burns>
>
>
> Regards.
> Mark.


V8's rule :0)

`Mark
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:01   #4 (permalink)
Hirsty's
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Proud new owner


Ah ! but diesel is King :-))



> V8's rule :0)



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:01   #5 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Proud new owner

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:42:36 GMT, "Hirsty's" <magnum.458@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>
>Ah ! but diesel is King :-))
>
>
>
>> V8's rule :0)


I must admit to being a big fan of diesels.
however my soon-to-buy disco will be a V8.
accept no substiture.


Regards.
Mark.
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
charity calendar project -
http://www.4x4info.info/calendar/
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 14:01   #6 (permalink)
Mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Proud new owner

>
> Ah ! but diesel is King :-))
>
>
>
> > V8's rule :0)

>
>
>


Well sorted V8, gas conversion, and shortly, a GKN at 28per cent. You'll
be doing very well to justify a diesel engine to me, considering the price
of diesel, and general 'deiselness':0) Unless you do a lot of deep wading?
Ah, that V8 burble :0)


`Mark


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 14:01   #7 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Proud new owner

On or around Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:49:38 +0100, Mark <mf1@sanger.ac.uk>
enlightened us thusly:

>>
>> Ah ! but diesel is King :-))
>>
>>
>>
>> > V8's rule :0)

>>
>>
>>

>
>Well sorted V8, gas conversion, and shortly, a GKN at 28per cent. You'll
>be doing very well to justify a diesel engine to me, considering the price
>of diesel, and general 'deiselness':0) Unless you do a lot of deep wading?
> Ah, that V8 burble :0)
>


'tis a fact that competent though the 300 TDi disco is, I prefer mine with
its 3.5 V8. If I could afford it, I'd have a 3.9.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"The breezy call of incense-breathing Morn, The swallow twittering
from the strawbuilt shed, The cock's shrill clarion, or the echoing
horn, No more shall rouse them from their lowly bed."
Thomas Gray, Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 15:01   #8 (permalink)
Hirsty's
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Proud new owner

Only joking I would love a V8 but they stopped making them when I got mine.
Friend had a 1969 427 Corvette manual and you could hear him from a mile
away when visiting !!



> >Well sorted V8, gas conversion, and shortly, a GKN at 28per cent. You'll
> >be doing very well to justify a diesel engine to me, considering the

price
> >of diesel, and general 'deiselness':0) Unless you do a lot of deep

wading?
> > Ah, that V8 burble :0)
> >

>
> 'tis a fact that competent though the 300 TDi disco is, I prefer mine with
> its 3.5 V8. If I could afford it, I'd have a 3.9.



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:01   #9 (permalink)
Samuel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Proud new owner


"MVP" <mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> wrote in message
news:1p0061hnrv3dm23fo5nna7il1bdvo1k3vg@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:42:36 GMT, "Hirsty's" <magnum.458@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>
> >
> >Ah ! but diesel is King :-))
> >
> >
> >
> >> V8's rule :0)

>
> I must admit to being a big fan of diesels.
> however my soon-to-buy disco will be a V8.
> accept no substiture.
>
>
> Regards.
> Mark.
> --


just swapped my 1980 3.6 litre straight six diesel landcruiser for a 2.6 6
cylinder petrol series 3. i love the landrover, but there is something about
a big sitting on top of a big juicy diesel. just the sound they make it idle
and low revs with a big load (they sound they make at 90kms with a 4 speed
g'box is a little harder to like though). i will miss the big fella.

must say i love the sound of the tdi's and td5's aswell.

cheers.

Sam.


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:04.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.