range rover axle wanted - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2005, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
dave
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
range rover axle wanted

hiya guys,

now there has to be some one out there who has a range rover axle
kicking about, in the way, or one thats been in the garage for ages.

well, i may be of help to you, as im after one as cheap as possible, i
can get one for 75 complete, but to be honest with you i just dont
have 75 spare.

so, can anyone help me out....


regards


Andy
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-03-2005, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
Nige
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: range rover axle wanted

dave wrote:
> hiya guys,
>
> now there has to be some one out there who has a range rover axle
> kicking about, in the way, or one thats been in the garage for ages.
>
> well, i may be of help to you, as im after one as cheap as possible, i
> can get one for 75 complete, but to be honest with you i just dont
> have 75 spare.
>
> so, can anyone help me out....
>
>
> regards
>
>
> Andy


Not that I have one but, front or rear? Year?

Thers a place in Bradford that seels stuff like that cheap, but You would have to be local!

Nige

--
Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 16:01   #3 (permalink)
Tim Hobbs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: range rover axle wanted

On Tue, 03 May 2005 21:18:20 +0100, dave <dave@hotmail.com> wrote:

>hiya guys,
>
>now there has to be some one out there who has a range rover axle
>kicking about, in the way, or one thats been in the garage for ages.
>
>well, i may be of help to you, as im after one as cheap as possible, i
>can get one for 75 complete, but to be honest with you i just dont
>have 75 spare.
>
>so, can anyone help me out....
>
>
>regards
>
>
>Andy


No axle I'm afraid, but I've got a Rangie gearbox that's in the way
and not far from you....


--

Tim Hobbs

'58 Series 2 88" aka "Stig"
'77 101FC Ambulance aka "Burrt"
'03 Volvo V70
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 16:01   #4 (permalink)
ninety
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: range rover axle wanted

Tim Hobbs wrote:
>>now there has to be some one out there who has a range rover axle
>>kicking about, in the way, or one thats been in the garage for ages


I have a complete front axle, although I am led to believe it's a
defender one, but compatible?

It's in the way,
but it's not gonna be F.O.C. :/

I paid 50 quid for it, come collect it, and it's yours.

It has brand new wheel bearings in it too.

Also have a rear casing that sold on ebay, but buyer not collected yet.

I could contact the buyer - see if he wants to part with it (only sold
for a quid IIRC)

Also - have a LT95 gearbox, an LT77 short shaft/long stick & transfer
box, and a running 2.5NA diesel engine, complete with ancilliaries if
anyone's interested.

Colin
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 23:01   #5 (permalink)
dave
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: range rover axle wanted

On Tue, 03 May 2005 23:10:57 +0100, Tim Hobbs
<tim@101ambulance-urine.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 03 May 2005 21:18:20 +0100, dave <dave@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>hiya guys,
>>
>>now there has to be some one out there who has a range rover axle
>>kicking about, in the way, or one thats been in the garage for ages.
>>
>>well, i may be of help to you, as im after one as cheap as possible, i
>>can get one for 75 complete, but to be honest with you i just dont
>>have 75 spare.
>>
>>so, can anyone help me out....
>>
>>
>>regards
>>
>>
>>Andy

>
>No axle I'm afraid, but I've got a Rangie gearbox that's in the way
>and not far from you....



hiya tim, e-mail me with your phone number and ill give you a ring
regarding this box,

my addy is

andyatbadlrcdotcom

regards

andy
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:01   #6 (permalink)
Tim Hobbs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: range rover axle wanted

>hiya tim, e-mail me with your phone number and ill give you a ring
>regarding this box,
>
>my addy is
>
>andyatbadlrcdotcom
>
>regards
>
>andy


Hi Andy,

I'll email you in a minute. Box is free to a good home, just needs
collecting from Barnsley. It's a heavy b'stard and I don't have any
lifting tackle, so we'll have to coordinate around having some muscle
available.... I've got builders in at the moment so something should
be possible!

Cheers


--

Tim Hobbs

'58 Series 2 88" aka "Stig"
'77 101FC Ambulance aka "Burrt"
'03 Volvo V70
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:01   #7 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: range rover axle wanted

On or around Tue, 03 May 2005 23:21:00 +0100, ninety <colin@nigni.com>
enlightened us thusly:

>I have a complete front axle, although I am led to believe it's a
>defender one, but compatible?


defender front is, I think, similar to a later RR front. Earlier ones may
swap though, the differences are mainly in the CV joints and halfshafts, as
far as I can see.

There are all sorts of differences though, but I expect none of them
actually matter. The only thing that may be serious is wheel studs - alloys
and steels are different studs, ISTR.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"Remember that to change your mind and follow him who sets you right
is to be none the less free than you were before."
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121-180), from Meditations, VIII.16
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:23.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.