Re: Arrggh, they're all mad! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2005, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
GbH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arrggh, they're all mad!

In news:,
JacobH <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> blithered:
> In news:,
> JacobH <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> blithered:
>> Calmed down a bit now,
>> 2 Two! incidents on a 1mile, 2mile round trip. To get Fishnchips!
>>
>> First, stoopid young girl swinging on a traffic light FCS! jumps off
>> and walks across the road right under my wheels, absolutely
>> oblivious! Second kind gentleman in RH lane (of 2) at busy junction
>> waves taxi across in front of him, oblivious to me and others moving up in the
>> LH lane. Thank God I was awake and not in my usual pedal to the
>> metal mode. I would have avoided the second but only because we
>> would have still been extricating the first's dead body from my grill!
>>
>> Neither of these seem to have any idea of the danger they caused.
>> Roll on Darwin!




--
"He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt her doing it."

If at first you don't succeed,
maybe skydiving's not for you!


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-04-2005, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
TonyB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arrggh, they're all mad!

> >>
> >> Neither of these seem to have any idea of the danger they caused.
> >> Roll on Darwin!

>

Yep. Must be silly season out there. Yesterday a Volvo pulled out in front
of me without looking and then STOPPED right across my bows ffs. I rolled up
to withing an inch of the drivers door and then let her have it full blast
with the hooter. She nearly hit the roof. I know the roads are quiet around
here but God only knows what she was doing. Looking at the scenery or doing
her hair. She pulled away pretty smartly after so I don't think she had a
problem, but even if she had, wouldn't it be sensible to look round to see
if anything was coming first?

Then tonight, on a difficult unlit road I'm approaching a humpback bridge
fairly slowly in the dark on main beams. A BMW who must have been hidden
behind the hump came over the top on dipped lights only. Firstly the dipped
lights toatlly dazzled me as he was pointing up and second, surely he could
have seen my 200 watts of mains and driving lamps coming and waited? Or
flashed me to let me know he was there? Dunno how we missed each other but I
guess he wasn't dazzled as my beams were aiming at Mars.

Rant done ta.

TonyB


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 04:01   #3 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arrggh, they're all mad!

....and TonyB spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

> Then tonight, on a difficult unlit road I'm approaching a humpback
> bridge fairly slowly in the dark on main beams.


He would probably only have seen you if he got out and looked. "Hang on
(waits for eyes to get dark-adjusted), there's a brown glow the other side
of the bridge - must be a Land Rover."

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:01   #4 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arrggh, they're all mad!

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 21:35:04 +0000 (UTC), "TonyB"
<Norfolk@soxclara.co.uk> wrote:

>> >>
>> >> Neither of these seem to have any idea of the danger they caused.
>> >> Roll on Darwin!

>>

>Yep. Must be silly season out there. Yesterday a Volvo pulled out in front
>of me without looking and then STOPPED right across my bows ffs. I rolled up
>to withing an inch of the drivers door and then let her have it full blast
>with the hooter. She nearly hit the roof. I know the roads are quiet around
>here but God only knows what she was doing. Looking at the scenery or doing
>her hair. She pulled away pretty smartly after so I don't think she had a
>problem, but even if she had, wouldn't it be sensible to look round to see
>if anything was coming first?
>
>Then tonight, on a difficult unlit road I'm approaching a humpback bridge
>fairly slowly in the dark on main beams. A BMW who must have been hidden
>behind the hump came over the top on dipped lights only. Firstly the dipped
>lights toatlly dazzled me as he was pointing up and second, surely he could
>have seen my 200 watts of mains and driving lamps coming and waited? Or
>flashed me to let me know he was there? Dunno how we missed each other but I
>guess he wasn't dazzled as my beams were aiming at Mars.
>
>Rant done ta.
>
>TonyB


I did a run to scotland and back last week, from cornwall to aberdeen
and back, all the way there and back we were in the worst rain I have
driven in for years, really hammering it down, only saw one accident,
a volvo estate had spun on the M6 somewhere in cumbria, no real damage
it appeared.

Yesterday I got back from crawley, 3 crashes, someone had gone off the
road down the bank, another was a multiple bump bump bump or 5 cars,
and another had a car on it's side after going up the beginning of a
crash barrier. clear weather, no rain to speak of, pretty much dry
roads.

makes no sense to me.

--
Mark.
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
www.mvp-gallery.com
www.4x4info.info
www.beautifulbondage.net
www.shoot-to-thrill.com
www.bespoke-bondage.com
"nec aspera terrent"



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:01   #5 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arrggh, they're all mad!

....and MVP spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

> I did a run to scotland and back last week, from cornwall to aberdeen
> and back, all the way there and back we were in the worst rain I have
> driven in for years, really hammering it down, only saw one accident,
> a volvo estate had spun on the M6 somewhere in cumbria, no real damage
> it appeared.
>
> Yesterday I got back from crawley, 3 crashes, someone had gone off the
> road down the bank, another was a multiple bump bump bump or 5 cars,
> and another had a car on it's side after going up the beginning of a
> crash barrier. clear weather, no rain to speak of, pretty much dry
> roads.
>
> makes no sense to me.


No surprises there. I read something a while ago about the number of
accidents at different times of day/season. It seems that the fewest
accidents happen on rainy winter mornings, and the most on balmy summer
evenings. Apparently the reverse of what you would expect. It's obviously
the "percieved risk" thing again - when conditions look atrocious, people
take more care and don't have accidents. When things seem fine, we drive
faster and with less attention, and have more crashes. There's probably an
alcohol element in the second one as well.

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 16:01   #6 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arrggh, they're all mad!

On or around Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:38:31 +0000, MVP
<mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> enlightened us thusly:

>I did a run to scotland and back last week, from cornwall to aberdeen
>and back, all the way there and back we were in the worst rain I have
>driven in for years, really hammering it down, only saw one accident,
>a volvo estate had spun on the M6 somewhere in cumbria, no real damage
>it appeared.


it's tipping down here at the moment. fork-arsed says it'll rain heavy
early tomorrow morning, dunno if this is such arriving early or just a
different lot.

there are times when I'm glad I'm currently running diesels.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:01   #7 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arrggh, they're all mad!

On or around Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:00:31 +0000, Austin Shackles
<austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> enlightened us thusly:

>On or around Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:38:31 +0000, MVP
><mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> enlightened us thusly:
>
>>I did a run to scotland and back last week, from cornwall to aberdeen
>>and back, all the way there and back we were in the worst rain I have
>>driven in for years, really hammering it down, only saw one accident,
>>a volvo estate had spun on the M6 somewhere in cumbria, no real damage
>>it appeared.

>
>it's tipping down here at the moment. fork-arsed says it'll rain heavy
>early tomorrow morning, dunno if this is such arriving early or just a
>different lot.
>
>there are times when I'm glad I'm currently running diesels.


Turned out to be another lot, or more of the same. It's still pissing down
this morning.

Hmmmm. wonder what odds I can get on the likelihood of hosepipe bans next
year?
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"Where they make a desert they call it peace" Tacitus (c.55 - c.117)
Agricola, 30
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:01   #8 (permalink)
Badger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arrggh, they're all mad!


"Austin Shackles" <austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote in message
news:t091n1hu2bd2dcqep19g58grs3avakb7ms@4ax.com...
> On or around Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:00:31 +0000, Austin Shackles
> <austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> enlightened us thusly:


>>there are times when I'm glad I'm currently running diesels.

>
> Turned out to be another lot, or more of the same. It's still pissing
> down
> this morning.


We had some serious wind overnight, and it was nothing to do with the curry
I'd eaten! No real rain on the "Costa-del-Moray", however.

> Hmmmm. wonder what odds I can get on the likelihood of hosepipe bans next
> year?


2 to 1 on??


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:32.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.