Re: OT: Austins Barbecue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2005, 14:11   #1 (permalink)
EMB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

Mother wrote:
> Those who missed the Unofficial will also have missed Austins superb
> Barbecue. A short clip of it here:
>
> http://www.101fc.net/files/vids/nuclear-barbecue.wmv
>
>

Martyn

Just as a wee trouble shooting exercise - what sort of bandwidth has
your server got and are you doing any rate limiting by connection? My
ISP seems to have international bandwidth problems - downloads are well
slow unless multi-threaded, and they seem to be having trouble defining
that there is a problem at all. If your site is using a big pipe to the
greater net I'll use it as an example to show them exactly what I mean.


--
EMB
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-24-2005, 15:01   #2 (permalink)
EMB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

Mother wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:43:57 +1300, EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>If your site is using a big pipe to the
>>greater net I'll use it as an example to show them exactly what I mean.

>
>
> The box is fairly well 'connected'. I'd look alsewhere the an issue.
>

Thanks - that's what I'd deduced. With multi-threaded ftp I can suck
2Mbit/sec off your box, but.... otherwise something is limiting me to
about 10% of that. Time for another call to the idiots on their
helldesk - one more suggestion that I should reboot my PC and router and
I'm off on a helldesk excursion with my axe.

--
EMB
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:03   #3 (permalink)
Fanie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

You must be joking!!!!

In the immortal words of Monty Python - we used to dream of 2MBits/sec. I am
still waiting for ADSL and at the moment am restricted to a slow 64K ISDN
line.

we have out trusty state monoply telkom (also know as Helkom) to thank for
the situation.

And don't even get me started on what we have to pay for this paltry
bandwidth!!!

Regards
Stephen

"EMB" <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:djjjj3$ako$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Mother wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:43:57 +1300, EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>If your site is using a big pipe to the greater net I'll use it as an
>>>example to show them exactly what I mean.

>>
>>
>> The box is fairly well 'connected'. I'd look alsewhere the an issue.
>>

> Thanks - that's what I'd deduced. With multi-threaded ftp I can suck
> 2Mbit/sec off your box, but.... otherwise something is limiting me to
> about 10% of that. Time for another call to the idiots on their
> helldesk - one more suggestion that I should reboot my PC and router and
> I'm off on a helldesk excursion with my axe.
>
> --
> EMB



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:03   #4 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

On or around Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:53:10 +0200, "Fanie"
<fanie@checkitsystems.com> enlightened us thusly:

>You must be joking!!!!
>
>In the immortal words of Monty Python - we used to dream of 2MBits/sec. I am
>still waiting for ADSL and at the moment am restricted to a slow 64K ISDN
>line.
>
>we have out trusty state monoply telkom (also know as Helkom) to thank for
>the situation.
>
>And don't even get me started on what we have to pay for this paltry
>bandwidth!!!
>


Sounds like the situation here until recently. Got 1MBps broadband now, and
they reckon the line should support 2Mb if I wanted it...

having just discovered this:

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...a/wildcam.html

though, I might look at upgrading the package I pay for to get more included
bandwidth. for an extra 7 quid a month I can go from 2GB included to
45GB...
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young / In a world
of magnets and miracles / Our thoughts strayed constantly and without
boundary / The ringing of the Division bell had begun. Pink Floyd (1994)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:01   #5 (permalink)
EMB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

Fanie wrote:
> You must be joking!!!!
>
> In the immortal words of Monty Python - we used to dream of 2MBits/sec. I am
> still waiting for ADSL and at the moment am restricted to a slow 64K ISDN
> line.


It helps minimise the number of top posts you can make in any given 24
hour period. :-)

--
EMB
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:01   #6 (permalink)
Fanie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

Forgive my ignorance, but what pray tell is a "top post?"

Regards
Stephen


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:01   #7 (permalink)
Smurf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

>>>
>>>Forgive my ignorance,
>>>but what pray tell is a "top post?"
>>>


In the immortal words of a bowl of petunias
....... "Oh no - - - - Not again"

...................Smurf


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:01   #8 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

On or around Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:53:44 +0100, Mother <"@ {mother}
@"@101fc.net> enlightened us thusly:

being silly.

>On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:37:21 +0200, "Fanie" <fanie@checkitsystems.com>
>wrote:
>
>where add text that which are thus their harder understand
>
>>Forgive my ignorance, but what pray tell is a "top post?"

>
>people quoted above to they replying making reply to
>
>HTH :-)


now that's just
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"Quos deus vult perdere, prius dementat" Euripedes, quoted in
Boswell's "Johnson".
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:01   #9 (permalink)
EMB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

Fanie wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but what pray tell is a "top post?"


http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html


--
EMB
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 13:01   #10 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Austins Barbecue

On or around Wed, 26 Oct 2005 07:06:52 +1300, EMB <embtwo@gmail.com>
enlightened us thusly:

>Fanie wrote:
>> Forgive my ignorance, but what pray tell is a "top post?"

>
>http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html


Blimey.

I quite like:

top posting because that's where the cursor happens to be is like shitting
your pants because that's where your arse happens to be.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"My centre is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent.
I shall attack. - Marshal Foch (1851 - 1929)
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:46.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.