Repainting Lamp Guards - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
hugh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Repainting Lamp Guards

Mine are getting rusty ands the plastic type coating is peeling off. Any
suggestions as to how to strip it? It seems impervious to Nitromors.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid at the time of posting
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-19-2005, 15:01   #2 (permalink)
Badger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repainting Lamp Guards


"hugh" <hugh@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
news:6CXHj9I+oypDFApP@raefell.demon.co.uk...
> Mine are getting rusty ands the plastic type coating is peeling off. Any
> suggestions as to how to strip it? It seems impervious to Nitromors.
> --
> hugh
> Reply to address is valid at the time of posting


I had mine sand blasted then re-dipped (plastic coated) at a friendly local
school tech department, as it's something they teach.
Badger.


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 15:01   #3 (permalink)
Steve Taylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repainting Lamp Guards

Badger wrote:

> I had mine sand blasted then re-dipped (plastic coated) at a friendly local
> school tech department, as it's something they teach.
> Badger.
>
>

The coating can be bought from frost http:\\www.frost.co.uk

Steve
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:01   #4 (permalink)
Andrew Renshaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repainting Lamp Guards

Yup done this one myself,

The best way to do it. Choose a very cold day. So the paint is brittle and
not soft. Then heat up along one edge only, not all the way round. Then chip
the paint with a paint scraper and it will come off.

Treat with hammerite. Much better at rust prevention.

Yours

Andy

"hugh" <hugh@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
news:6CXHj9I+oypDFApP@raefell.demon.co.uk...
> Mine are getting rusty ands the plastic type coating is peeling off. Any
> suggestions as to how to strip it? It seems impervious to Nitromors.
> --
> hugh
> Reply to address is valid at the time of posting



  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:02   #5 (permalink)
hugh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repainting Lamp Guards

In message <GVSpf.3889$f7.366@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>, Andrew Renshaw
<andrew@preaching.co.uk> writes
>Yup done this one myself,
>
>The best way to do it. Choose a very cold day. So the paint is brittle and
>not soft. Then heat up along one edge only, not all the way round. Then chip
>the paint with a paint scraper and it will come off.
>
>Treat with hammerite. Much better at rust prevention.
>
>Yours
>
>Andy
>
>"hugh" <hugh@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
>news:6CXHj9I+oypDFApP@raefell.demon.co.uk...
>> Mine are getting rusty ands the plastic type coating is peeling off. Any
>> suggestions as to how to strip it? It seems impervious to Nitromors.
>> --
>> hugh
>> Reply to address is valid at the time of posting

>
>

Thanks Andy, I'll give it a go. Hammerite was what I had in mind if I
could only get the original off.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid at the time of posting
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.