Return of a stolen Disco - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-05, 02:01 PM
tomtom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Return of a stolen Disco

Back at the beginning of DEc I posted
an article about my Disco 2 going missing.
Today it has been found, not far from home!
Absolutely NO DAMAGE, my key even still works, more fuel in it too!
This makes it even harder to understand how the scroats nicked it.
Been OFF roaded abit I would say but dont seem bad at all.
Going for an inspection in Jan paid for by insurance co, until then it aint
mine again.
Not sure I really want it now anyway!

--
Please include ALL previous emails with reply




 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-05, 02:01 AM
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Return of a stolen Disco

On or around Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:52:51 GMT, "tomtom" <jackyc30@hotmail.com>
enlightened us thusly:

>Back at the beginning of DEc I posted
>an article about my Disco 2 going missing.
>Today it has been found, not far from home!
>Absolutely NO DAMAGE, my key even still works, more fuel in it too!
>This makes it even harder to understand how the scroats nicked it.
>Been OFF roaded abit I would say but dont seem bad at all.
>Going for an inspection in Jan paid for by insurance co, until then it aint
>mine again.
>Not sure I really want it now anyway!


I'll have it if you don't want it :-)

Actually, we're not in the market for a replacement 'til summer next year,
from the seeming of it.


--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"You praise the firm restraint with which they write -_
I'm with you there, of course: They use the snaffle and the bit
alright, but where's the bloody horse? - Roy Campbell (1902-1957)
 
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-05, 04:01 AM
TonyB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Return of a stolen Disco

> >Not sure I really want it now anyway!
>
> I'll have it if you don't want it :-)
>
> Actually, we're not in the market for a replacement 'til summer next year,
> from the seeming of it.


Aha, well I am and would be interested Tomtom. Especially if I don't have to
take the seats out to change the brake lights!
TonyB
(Right price for a stolen/recovered of course!)


 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-05, 12:01 PM
William Tasso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Return of a stolen Disco

TonyB <Norfolk@soxclara.co.uk> wrote:

>> >Not sure I really want it now anyway!

>>
>> I'll have it if you don't want it :-)
>>
>> Actually, we're not in the market for a replacement 'til summer next
>> year,
>> from the seeming of it.

>
> Aha, well I am and would be interested Tomtom. Especially if I don't
> have to
> take the seats out to change the brake lights!
> TonyB
> (Right price for a stolen/recovered of course!)


Goes without saying one would hope :)


--
William Tasso
 
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-05, 04:01 PM
tomtom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Return of a stolen Disco

I have been and had a good look at it today.
Seems just fine, the insurance co wont let me have it yet
as we have to decide on a few things, ie, do I pay for hire car
during time "lost" as they put it.
Depreciation and a whole host of
things I never thought of!
Just insurance co trying it on if you ask me.
NEVER had a claim in 30 years.
They seem to be making me the criminal.
They seem to say I "lost" it.
One of the posters in my 1st post said it may
have had an aftermarket alarm fitted, it
had not is was as STD, so how did the bleeders get it.
It seems I can have it back if I want but if they can nick
it once they can do it again.
Also because I made a claim it goes against me.
HOW CAN THAT BE RIGHT?

"tomtom" <jackyc30@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:TGGof.1106$ws1.875@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Back at the beginning of DEc I posted
> an article about my Disco 2 going missing.
> Today it has been found, not far from home!
> Absolutely NO DAMAGE, my key even still works, more fuel in it too!
> This makes it even harder to understand how the scroats nicked it.
> Been OFF roaded abit I would say but dont seem bad at all.
> Going for an inspection in Jan paid for by insurance co, until then it
> aint mine again.
> Not sure I really want it now anyway!
>
> --
> Please include ALL previous emails with reply
>



 
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-05, 03:01 PM
cyberwraith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Return of a stolen Disco

Welcome to Britain where the victim always pays the price!


 
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-05, 02:01 AM
beamendsltd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Return of a stolen Disco

In message <ZA1pf.4291$Og1.3245@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
"tomtom" <jackyc30@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have been and had a good look at it today.
> Seems just fine, the insurance co wont let me have it yet
> as we have to decide on a few things, ie, do I pay for hire car
> during time "lost" as they put it.
> Depreciation and a whole host of
> things I never thought of!
> Just insurance co trying it on if you ask me.
> NEVER had a claim in 30 years.
> They seem to be making me the criminal.
> They seem to say I "lost" it.
> One of the posters in my 1st post said it may
> have had an aftermarket alarm fitted, it
> had not is was as STD, so how did the bleeders get it.
> It seems I can have it back if I want but if they can nick
> it once they can do it again.
> Also because I made a claim it goes against me.
> HOW CAN THAT BE RIGHT?


It isn't. It does just go to show that you'd be far better off it the
scum had just set fire to it. Your insurers (like all of them) are
far more interested their ledgers than they are in treating their
customers in a reasonable and fair manner, and it is difficult to
see how they are not *encourageing* the buring out, or breaking-up, of
stolen vehicles.

Richard

>
> "tomtom" <jackyc30@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:TGGof.1106$ws1.875@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Back at the beginning of DEc I posted
> > an article about my Disco 2 going missing.
> > Today it has been found, not far from home!
> > Absolutely NO DAMAGE, my key even still works, more fuel in it too!
> > This makes it even harder to understand how the scroats nicked it.
> > Been OFF roaded abit I would say but dont seem bad at all.
> > Going for an inspection in Jan paid for by insurance co, until then it
> > aint mine again.
> > Not sure I really want it now anyway!
> >
> > --
> > Please include ALL previous emails with reply
> >

>
>


--
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome